Shoutbox

Resource Hacker - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Resource Hacker (/showthread.php?tid=47095)

Resource Hacker by DanZie Boy on 07-02-2005 at 04:50 AM

Is there anyway you can edit what the Messenger Plus! pop-ups with Resource Hacker like you can do with MSN's ones?

RE: Resource Hacker by lopardo on 07-02-2005 at 05:14 AM

What popups are you talking about? Modify them in which way?

RE: Resource Hacker by DanZie Boy on 07-02-2005 at 05:16 AM

The popups I'm talking about are the ones that tell you when a contact changes their status.

RE: Resource Hacker by Eljay on 07-02-2005 at 07:39 AM

you can change the toast image if you like

just open up C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\resources\msgplusres.dll
its a png or bitmap in there somewhere

this path is the default path of messenger plus, it may be different on your installation

RE: Resource Hacker by ShawnZ on 07-02-2005 at 07:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
no, he's talking about messenger plus!
quote:
Originally posted by DanZie Boy
Is there anyway you can edit what the Messenger Plus! pop-ups with Resource Hacker like you can do with MSN's ones?

quote:
Originally posted by DanZie Boy
The popups I'm talking about are the ones that tell you when a contact changes their status.

RE: Resource Hacker by Eljay on 07-02-2005 at 08:01 AM

ummm hello? i already said how to edit them

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
you can change the toast image if you like

just open up C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\resources\msgplusres.dll
its a png or bitmap in there somewhere

this path is the default path of messenger plus, it may be different on your installation

RE: Resource Hacker by absorbation on 07-02-2005 at 09:24 AM

Yes, someone is skinning messenger plus! toasts which is a great idea to fit in with skins. Lee Jeffery is right but i'll check now to see if it works for me and i will report back ;)

I think it's a png, not a bitmap :S but i'll check it out now :P

RE: Resource Hacker by nightblade06 on 02-07-2006 at 12:54 PM

hmm them answers seem a bit vague. i think what you mean is when sum1 sends you a message it pops up with a toast.  if you open msnmsgr in resource hacker. open the ufile folder then 921 then open the 1023 file. at the bottom is some code in an xml syle way you can edit this and add a <png> tag if you search for "<png" then you will find a tag use this to make another where ever you like. If this is what you mean then tell me and i will show you in more detail. If not explain in more detail please.

RE: Resource Hacker by matty on 02-07-2006 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nightblade06
hmm them answers seem a bit vague. i think what you mean is when sum1 sends you a message it pops up with a toast.  if you open msnmsgr in resource hacker. open the ufile folder then 921 then open the 1023 file. at the bottom is some code in an xml syle way you can edit this and add a <png> tag if you search for "<png" then you will find a tag use this to make another where ever you like. If this is what you mean then tell me and i will show you in more detail. If not explain in more detail please.
Please dont reply to old topics. The answer was already given. They wanted to edit a resource for Messenger Plus! NOT MSN Messenger.
RE: Resource Hacker by absorbation on 02-07-2006 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nightblade06

it's not a png tag it's idres=whatever and it is 1033 not 1023 :P and plus! does not support this