Shoutbox

Contact P2P program within msn - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Contact P2P program within msn (/showthread.php?tid=47119)

Contact P2P program within msn by sonnym on 07-02-2005 at 10:26 PM

I think what a really good idea would be was if there was a feature in
MSN where you could drag a File into a folder where all your contacts could see and download that file like a P2P program.

so instead of havin 2 bother sending they can download it at any time they want as long as the contact was online,but if MSN was kind enough they could let us upload files on 2 a server where u could download that contact's file at any time even if they were offline, obviously there would be a bandwidth and size limitaion but still its a good idea

so if any body has any suggestion post them here

RE: Contact P2P program within msn by Dempsey on 07-02-2005 at 10:32 PM

there used to be a thing called File Sharing or somehting in the games menu just like this, seems to have disappeared now

RE: Contact P2P program within msn by mwe99 on 07-02-2005 at 10:38 PM

File sharing is still in Dempsey, it is now in Activites but maybe that had just been added in the 816 build, because i don't recall seeing it before.

RE: Contact P2P program within msn by albert on 07-02-2005 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
File sharing is still in Dempsey, it is now in Activites but maybe that had just been added in the 816 build, because i don't recall seeing it before.

I'm still on the 813 build, and I do have it, it's always been there, I always used it, I always loved it :0
RE: Contact P2P program within msn by sonnym on 07-02-2005 at 10:45 PM

what i meant by the P2P thing waz a small window that appears at start up showing you what files you can download and who they are from but the file sharing option in activites requires the other contact to accept the invitation whereas my idea the user can acess to the file at any time so it doesn't matter if they are busy or away

RE: Contact P2P program within msn by mwe99 on 07-02-2005 at 10:49 PM

Yeah i think we understood it, but at present there is no means to do that and would be unlikely MSN would do it, due to copyright issues etc

RE: Contact P2P program within msn by M73A on 07-02-2005 at 10:52 PM

would be hard with msn viruses going around.... especially the boom we had recently in them..

RE: Contact P2P program within msn by L. Coyote on 07-02-2005 at 10:53 PM

MsgPlus! will never have a P2P in it. (Patchou has said so himself).

And I doubt MSN would make such thing too (a real P2P, I mean), since a few days ago they made a new law that allows to sue companies that "help" the Internet piracy.

Edit: btw, this is the wrong subforum (Forum & Website). You should have posted in "MSN/Windows Messenger". (Y)

RE: Contact P2P program within msn by CookieRevised on 07-02-2005 at 11:17 PM

MSN already has such a service. Use MSN groups or even better and more tightly linked into Messenger: MSN spaces. And use your available webspace, that's why it is there for.