Shoutbox

Send extra message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Send extra message (/showthread.php?tid=47139)

Send extra message by DeVill on 07-03-2005 at 02:50 PM

Here is my question: is it possible to send a message when a button is clicked in a window for example? I tell you what is my aim: i want to write some games, that could be played useing Messenger Plus (like the ones already in the messenger) I want to use notifys to send actions taken... Also my games would posibly have more than 2 participants...

RE: Send extra message by Dempsey on 07-03-2005 at 02:52 PM

You could use active accesability to set the text on the input box and then click the send button

RE: Send extra message by Menthix on 07-03-2005 at 02:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DeVill
I want to use notifys to send actions taken...
Unfortunately not possible with a pure MsgPlus! plugin because the Messenger Plus! API doesn't allow you to read the response from the participant(s). This is done because of security reasons.
RE: Send extra message by DeVill on 07-03-2005 at 03:49 PM

I don't get it... "active accesability"? I want to aviod that user would have to press send button...

Hmm... how do you mean "API doesn't allow you to read the response from the participant" I would like to send a notify on button press, and that notify can be read by the MsgPlus plug-in, can't it?

RE: Send extra message by Menthix on 07-03-2005 at 04:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DeVill
I would like to send a notify on button press, and that notify can be read by the MsgPlus plug-in, can't it?
I guess, not a coder myself sorry. But you said you wanted to create games, i would imagine that when you create a game your plugin reacts to text the participant in a conversation said... MsgPlus! API doesn't allow you to see what the participant said.
RE: Send extra message by DeVill on 07-03-2005 at 04:35 PM

I don't need to know what participant said... notfys are satisfactory for me!

RE: Send extra message by Dempsey on 07-03-2005 at 04:38 PM

you can read the history of the conversation to see what has been said using Active Accesability APIs, such as AccessibleObjectFromWindow, AccessibleObjectFromEvent and AccessibleObjectFromPoint

RE: Send extra message by DeVill on 07-03-2005 at 04:51 PM

But still... how do I achive, that messages are sent? See also http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=45041

RE: Send extra message by RaceProUK on 07-03-2005 at 05:46 PM

That post in the other thread may have been better off as a new thread.
As for examples of using Active Accessibility, look up the functions on MSDN, and I think there's an example of VB usage somewhere on this forum.