Shoutbox

nVidia ForceWare 77.72 [Thanks may73alliance for fixing this] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: nVidia ForceWare 77.72 [Thanks may73alliance for fixing this] (/showthread.php?tid=47173)

nVidia ForceWare 77.72 [Thanks may73alliance for fixing this] by Vilkku on 07-04-2005 at 01:05 PM

Hello all.
I recently installed the latest ForceWare for my nVidia ghraphics card (GeForce 6800 LE). Everything is working fine but one thing - when I watch videos (all players I tired, including WMP and VLC) they look kinda vierd. Sound is ok. Same thing happens when I use WinTV. So, I decided to take a screenshot for you so that you could see what I meant. But behold, as I disabled overlay on VLC to take the screenshot the video was showing fine (no screenshot for you). Games etc work fine but not movie files or WinTV (seems anything that is using overlay). I know downgrading would be a option but I rather just fix it as I saw no reports of similar problems when I searched on Google.
Any help would be nice and I will answer any questions you have to ask if it helps you fix the problem. Thanks.

RE: nVidia ForceWare 77.72 by kao on 07-04-2005 at 01:40 PM

same happened to me when i used 77.72, so im back to 66.93 and they look fine, except now i have something wrong with directshow :P

and i've heard of quite a few people with this problem aswell, no idea how to fix.

RE: nVidia ForceWare 77.72 by M73A on 07-04-2005 at 03:48 PM

i had this! i think... i updated and this problem started so it sounds the same... not sure about the numbers

goto your advanced settings... and your graphics car tab... colour correction - select the overlay. change the drop down tab at the bottom to advanced and make the gama go up in a diagonal line... not a curve

:D worked for me:D:D:D

heres my thread about the problem:P http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=47121

RE: nVidia ForceWare 77.72 by Vilkku on 07-04-2005 at 08:38 PM

Wow m73a, it works. Thanks, enjoy your rep.

RE: nVidia ForceWare 77.72 by M73A on 07-04-2005 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Wow m73a, it works. Thanks, enjoy your rep.

lol hey thanks:D glad to be of some help.... anyone know why it was messed up in the first place?