Shoutbox

Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? (/showthread.php?tid=47208)

Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by J.J on 07-05-2005 at 06:21 AM

This test will really find out who really are the smartest people

Your aim is to fill the grid, so that:

• So that every mini square in the square contains the numbers 1 to 9
  • Every row contains the numbers from 1 to 9
  • Every line contains the numbers from 1 to 9

[Image: sudoku3jr.jpg]

Thats all you have to do

Try it, time yourself and private message me back your time and your completed grid DON'T post your results in the thread because other people may wish to try it

btw, this is possible, just use your brain! :tongue: and no spamming the thread

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Times

Time: 9 minutes
mwe99:7 minutes
Anubis: 7 minutes
~INVASION~: 2 hours

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by mwe99 on 07-05-2005 at 08:28 AM

yay <game name removed so people cant cheat>, gimme a few mins lol

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by emit on 07-05-2005 at 08:30 AM

Hella easy. :-)

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by Purity on 07-05-2005 at 08:32 AM

I've done this before. :cheesy:

Can't be damned to do it again.

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by haydos on 07-05-2005 at 08:33 AM

They have this game in the West Australian newspaper like every week (day?)... I'm too lazy to do even one square atm though :undecided:

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by J.J on 07-05-2005 at 08:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
I've done this before.:cheesy:

Can't be damned to do it again.

There are many different ones :tongue: its not just the same one

quote:
Originally posted by haydn
I'm too lazy to do even one square atm though

Stop dreaming about going to Bali :P
RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by mwe99 on 07-05-2005 at 08:44 AM

Did anyone watch the UK live version of this show? It was on Saturday on Sky One i believe

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by haydos on 07-05-2005 at 08:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by third dimension
quote:
Originally posted by haydn
I'm too lazy to do even one square atm though
Stop dreaming about going to Bali:P

[Image: thinkingaboutbali2fh.png]
Don't know what your talkin about*-)

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Did anyone watch the UK live version of this show? It was on Saturday on Sky One i believe
There is a show?:O Do they race to see who can finish it fastest?
RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by emit on 07-05-2005 at 09:48 AM

That time for me is false, I just happened to write down the time I first read the thread and time I submitted the PM to Third Dimension. It actually took me 3 seconds to see the answer and about 20 seconds to write it down on paper. I find them really easy to visualise.

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by Eljay on 07-05-2005 at 11:09 AM

http://www.sudoku.com :P

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by Garndell on 07-05-2005 at 11:15 AM

I can't be bothered to do another Sudoku so i'll just post my IQ - 157.

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by ~INVASION~ on 07-05-2005 at 11:54 AM

my god took me 2 hours!!! but i finished :D

ive never seen anything like that before, pretty kool (Y)

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by Sypher on 07-05-2005 at 12:26 PM

I didn't even bother :p

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by Shezi on 07-05-2005 at 12:47 PM

well i completed but the two squares are still blank.. :P
and not goin to retry.. :D

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by Fraisie on 07-05-2005 at 01:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
letters 1 to 9

huh ?
RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by multimillion2k on 07-05-2005 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
That time for me is false, I just happened to write down the time I first read the thread and time I submitted the PM to Third Dimension. It actually took me 3 seconds to see the answer and about 20 seconds to write it down on paper. I find them really easy to visualise.
Reminds me of 'A Beautiful Mind'..
And also that episode of The Simpsons when Homer reads the hidden message his mother left for him in the newspaper article.
RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by RaceProUK on 07-05-2005 at 01:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
<game name removed so people cant cheat>
Why can't people know it Su Do Ku?
RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by Lou on 07-05-2005 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

well there goes the answer.....

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by Dempsey on 07-05-2005 at 05:24 PM

i did it today while i was at work, but it took me a while, cos i could only do little bits at a time and i left the solution on a bit of paper there

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by mwe99 on 07-05-2005 at 06:33 PM

Yar there is a show Haydn, you can win up to £9000 by texting or phoning in the four answers to the grid they want, they also have teams from UK cities, there is no prize for being the fastest its just random

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by Zephyr on 07-05-2005 at 06:55 PM

I think sudoko is really good. I used to do it every day in the Guardian paper for a while. It got harder every day, but it was quite fun. There are patterns which you can get used to which make them easier.

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by saralk on 07-05-2005 at 08:25 PM

my friend made a program in excel that solves the puzzles for you.

RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by mwe99 on 07-05-2005 at 08:29 PM

theres quite a lot of Sudoku games/solvers floating around the net :)

RE: RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by emit on 07-05-2005 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
And also that episode of The Simpsons when Homer reads the hidden message his mother left for him in the newspaper article.

Not precisely, they saw patterns in surrounding things. I just can comrpehend the solutions to certain mathematical constructs. Oh, and some physics stuff to a certain degree. It's intuitive.
RE: RE: RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by multimillion2k on 07-05-2005 at 11:18 PM

quote:
quote:

Not precisely, they saw patterns in surrounding things. I just can comrpehend the solutions to certain mathematical constructs. Oh, and some physics stuff to a certain degree. It's intuitive.

Me too, but not in 3 seconds..*-)
RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by ~INVASION~ on 07-06-2005 at 01:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
letters 1 to 9

huh ?
thats what i thought too :P
i thought it was a trick but decided to ignore the mistake he made :P
RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by J.J on 07-06-2005 at 08:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

Why would you post that? The whole reason why i got people to pm me the answers is so it would give the chance for others to finish it

That just ruins the whole thing :undecided:

*applauds, well done, well done* ¬¬

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
well i completed but the two squares are still blank..:P
and not goin to retry.. :D

Bad luck Shezi :tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
huh ?

Woopz, blonde moment

* TD slaps himself around a bit with a large trout

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
i thought it was a trick but decided to ignore the mistake he made :P

Why didn't you tell me rofl, you spaz :P
RE: RE: RE: RE: Who are the smart people on the Msg Plus! Forums? by emit on 07-06-2005 at 09:34 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Me too, but not in 3 seconds..*-)

Heh, it only takes that long because its a 9x9 square. Other things come instantly.