Shoutbox

Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts (/showthread.php?tid=47213)

Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by Peige on 07-05-2005 at 09:00 AM

I have plus set to log all conversations by default.  At sometimes i have accessed these log files while msn is logged on and it appears to have upset MsgPlus because not it doesnt log this contacts conversions yet it continues to log all the others perfectly.

It still creates a txt file but it has 0 bytes, sometimes it will create one line in the file with the start date of the conversion but never any more..

I've tried telling plus to put the logs somewhere else, but still the same, ive tried deleting the reg keys for this contact but still no go :(

Any ideas please :$

RE: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by FrozernFire on 07-05-2005 at 10:02 AM

what OS, msn version, plus version are you using? have you tried reinstalling msgplus?

RE: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by Peige on 07-05-2005 at 10:08 AM

system is winXP,  msn 7.0.0813
msgplus version 3.54.132

RE: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by Sypher on 07-05-2005 at 10:19 AM

That certain contacts, are that hotmail accounts? Do they have special characters in their nicknames?

RE: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by Peige on 07-05-2005 at 10:27 AM

naa, they are a straight forward blueyonder.co.uk with a simple name as there nick, not one of  those people that changes there nick to how they feel every day so plus isn't even involved in giving them a "proper" contact name :S

RE: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by Sypher on 07-05-2005 at 10:30 AM

Nonono... I meant, maybe they had things like ö, ü .... in their nicks, maybe plus can't handle...

Do you use and English Windows XP?

RE: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by Peige on 07-05-2005 at 10:39 AM

no... name is "steven"  nothing wierd at all, there not that kind of person if you know what i mean..

It was logging them fine until i started to access the file while (i guess) it was being written to ??

Yep, XP is english profession version and is totally legit

I have tried uninstalling plus and then re installing it too :$

RE: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by Sypher on 07-05-2005 at 10:48 AM

Do you use Plaintext or Encoded logs?

Is it possible you accidently saved an encoded log thus overwriting it and corrupting the log....

RE: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by Peige on 07-05-2005 at 10:53 AM

Plain text !

It happend a bit onece before but plus seemed to get over it and start again a day or two later...

RE: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by Sypher on 07-05-2005 at 10:56 AM

Very strange, i'm afraid i can't help you out further because my idea's ran dry ..

Maybe someone else knows it, or maybe Patchou himself :)

RE: Problems with log files, failing to generate on certain contacts by Peige on 07-05-2005 at 11:35 AM

ok, well thanks for trying to help :)