Shoutbox

-=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- (/showthread.php?tid=47218)

-=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by one_manz_army on 07-05-2005 at 01:38 PM

Hey again everyone

Just came up with another idea, was watching people use some winamp and media player plugins for a file sharing program i use and it says stuff like

*Boxie is chilling to Artist - Title [mm:ss] of [mm:ss] in Player <version>

Basically the idea is to give some more flexibility with the what i'm listening to feature, as it is now, the formatting is Title - Artist, which is the wrong way round! Also it would be great if it had a setting to simply use filename of what is playing and not media tags, so it would support movies, music videos, etc... A lot easier than my last idea i think :P

Anyways good luck with it if anyone tries it

Jay

RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by user13774 on 07-05-2005 at 03:15 PM

This is already supported by almost all 'What I'm listening to..' plugins for Winamp.

i.E. with MessengerAmp you can also make the 'album' and 'track time' appear.

Check this screenshot.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=490559]

RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by M73A on 07-05-2005 at 03:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
This is already supported by almost all 'What I'm listening to..' plugins for Winamp.

i.E. with MessengerAmp you can also make the 'album' and 'track time' appear.

Check this screenshot.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=490559]

kool!! :P

is there a way to do this with Windows Media Player?
RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by Rodney on 07-05-2005 at 08:10 PM

Yes there is, I use this plugin (it's standalone though).

RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by M73A on 07-05-2005 at 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rodney
Yes there is, I use this plugin (it's standalone though).

erm sorry. what do you mean by standalone? i'm gonna try it anyway, lol

EDIT: i've installed it but  it doesn't display in my personal message what i set it to.... say i set artist, track and duration, it will only show the standard artist and track....

but it does show what i have set it to show in the toast that pops up when i start to play something...

any other plugins that anyone could suggest?

ta.
M73A
RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by mwe99 on 07-05-2005 at 08:30 PM

not to keen on the words 'chilling to' but still good :P

RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by Rodney on 07-05-2005 at 08:31 PM

By Standalone I meant it's not a plugin for Plus!...
Are you sure you disabled the normal WMP plugin and enabled this one in WMP's options?

RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by M73A on 07-05-2005 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rodney
By Standalone I meant it's not a plugin for Plus!...
Are you sure you disabled the normal WMP plugin and enabled this one in WMP's options?

ohh, i did try that before but i just tried it again and restarted wmp afta i turned the appropriate things on and off and it worked fine... just didnt work without the restart of wmp :) ta, great plugin :D
RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by xXxBad LadxXx on 07-05-2005 at 11:51 PM

is there a plugin like this for iTunes?

RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by one_manz_army on 07-06-2005 at 11:37 AM

well i have 4000 music videos and only 1000  mp3s so this plugin still aint helping ... was kinda ok i guess gave a lil more flexibility on formatting but i need something to be way more simple! forget da farkin media tags and just let ya use the filename of what's playing! then u could have "is watching <moviename> at <h: mm: ss> and also music videos would show up.

well thanx anyways but if anyone is interested in writing it i'd love to have a plugin to use filename from media player instead.

RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by user13774 on 07-06-2005 at 03:44 PM

There also already is a plugin for WMP to show which video you are watching.

Check MSN Messenger Video Plugin for WMP v1.1

RE: -=[ Advanced "What I'm listening to..." feature ]=- by Rodney on 07-06-2005 at 03:54 PM

And the plugin I posted also shows video :)