Shoutbox

Making sound packs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Making sound packs (/showthread.php?tid=47220)

Making sound packs by L33t Masta on 07-05-2005 at 03:10 PM

How do you MAKE a sound pack? Tools, ect...

RE: Making sound packs by M73A on 07-05-2005 at 03:14 PM

goto the sounds menu - add new sounds - tick export to soundpack - select sounds etc etc

RE: Making sound packs by CookieRevised on 07-05-2005 at 03:15 PM

Messenger Plus! is all you need...

Plus! > Sound Library > ...

Use the Sound Library Wizard (aka: push the "Add New Sounds"-button) to make soundpacks out of your sounds in your Sound Library.

RE: Making sound packs by L33t Masta on 07-05-2005 at 03:16 PM

Wow..I feel like a n00b now...

Oh1 What I meant was: How would I just add a WHOLE bunch of sounds to Messenger Plus really quickly without having to use the wizard...
RE: Making sound packs by absorbation on 07-05-2005 at 03:18 PM

Or view this video guide made by me :D

http://www.msgstuff.com/help/Making%20Your%20Own%20Soundpacks.wmv

RE: Making sound packs by L33t Masta on 07-05-2005 at 03:30 PM

Twas a very informative video, but maybe there should be some way to import LTS of sounds QUICKLY, without having to convert them into a sound pack first...

RE: Making sound packs by M73A on 07-05-2005 at 03:31 PM

erm im confused. do you mean importing them from a soundpack, or like highlighting a list of .mp3 or .wav files to add as sounds all at once?

RE: Making sound packs by absorbation on 07-05-2005 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by L33t Masta

Oh1 What I meant was: How would I just add a WHOLE bunch of sounds to Messenger Plus really quickly without having to use the wizard...

just saw that first download your soundpack e.g http://www.mpsounds.net and double click the icon or view this other video guide made by me ;)

http://www.msgstuff.com/help/Adding%20Soundpacks.wmv
RE: RE: Making sound packs by L33t Masta on 07-05-2005 at 03:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
erm im confused. do you mean importing them from a soundpack, or like highlighting a list of .mp3 or .wav files to add as sounds all at once?

Highlighting a whole list of them. All of which are under 15 secounds.
RE: Making sound packs by CookieRevised on 07-05-2005 at 04:58 PM

What do you mean exactly:

1) Do you want to make a soundpack out of many files in your local sound library of Messenger Plus!?
2) Do you want to import sounds from a soundpack to your local sound library of Messenger Plus!?
3) Do you want to create Messenger Plus! custom sounds out of your own MP3/WMA/WAV files?

RE: Making sound packs by absorbation on 07-05-2005 at 06:12 PM

i have made a few guides to do with soundpack http://www.plussounds.net/Other they are all in there from html docs to wmv :P some are for the sponser to ;)

RE: Making sound packs by M73A on 07-05-2005 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

1) Do you want to make a soundpack out of many files in your local sound library of Messenger Plus!?
2) Do you want to import sounds from a soundpack to your local sound library of Messenger Plus!?
3) Do you want to create Messenger Plus! custom sounds out of your own MP3/WMA/WAV files?

quote:

adding loads of sounds at once, instead of selecting sounds separatly and adding them... im pretty sure

RE: Making sound packs by L33t Masta on 07-06-2005 at 03:12 AM

Yes. that is exactly what I wish to do.

RE: Making sound packs by *Saint* on 07-06-2005 at 03:56 AM

i think you have to do it 1 by 1 and its 8 - 10 seconds not 15

RE: RE: Making sound packs by CookieRevised on 07-06-2005 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
adding loads of sounds at once, instead of selecting sounds separatly and adding them... im pretty sure
quote:
Yes. that is exactly what I wish to do.

Adding to WHAT?

I didn't ask this to be funny or whatever. I explicitly put the choices down and described it in detail, and the question was directly towards L33t Masta so he could answer with 1, 2 or 3, not to somebody else so I get the same vague answer; I know he wants to add multiple sounds. The question is to WHAT...

All three possebilities are valid for the question of multiple selection!! Be clear please.

And no it is NOT clear because the thread's title and also the individual posts of L33t Masta all contradict to eachother and all are telling a different thing in what he wants... Hence my perfectly clear question of which I wanted a clear answer....

The answers for the above possebilities:
1) Select all the files you want in the wizard to create the soundpack; multiple selection is possible.
2) Select all the files you want in the wizard to import from a soundpack; multiple selection is possible.
3) Only 1 sound at the time can be converted to a custom sound because sounds require individual settings/trimming. This will not change... (and soundpacks have nothing todo with this option)

take your pick...

RE: Making sound packs by L33t Masta on 07-06-2005 at 05:25 PM