Shoutbox

xMsgHotkey - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: xMsgHotkey (/showthread.php?tid=47256)

xMsgHotkey by x2zen on 07-06-2005 at 01:02 PM

Hi

I just got bored the other day so I decided to make a new program for MSN Messenger. A Hotkey program (H)

I actually made it for myself, but I would like to share it with you guys :).

It's a program that have 10 differents hotkeys, and you can put a specific msn-contact to a hotkey.
Lets say you have a contact which email is "user@blah.com", and instead of opening MSN Messenger Main window and find that contact and doubleclick, you can just press the Windows key and F2 for example.

The program can be minimized to the systemtray.

The program is called "xMsgHotkey", and it has been tested with MSN Messenger 7.0.0813 and 7.0.0816
I know the profil is maybe a little big (341 KB), i will try to make it a lot smaller.
I hope you like the program, i know I do.
Have fun

RE: xMsgHotkey by Poom on 07-06-2005 at 02:22 PM

Just so you know, you have two options for that as well.

1. Plus has the option in which you will have your contact as a little box  on your screen like ICQ. You can chat with your contact by double clicking the box.

2. You can right click the MSN icon in the systray and choose send an instant message. I know it is not as good as hotkeys by anyways, but a lot easier than open contact list. I use this a lot with my contactswho are not on desktop (from option 1).

It seems a good idea, though I got good enough options that I won't bother using it. Nice work though. ;)

RE: xMsgHotkey by x2zen on 07-06-2005 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Poom
Just so you know, you have two options for that as well.

1. Plus has the option in which you will have your contact as a little box  on your screen like ICQ. You can chat with your contact by double clicking the box.

2. You can right click the MSN icon in the systray and choose send an instant message. I know it is not as good as hotkeys by anyways, but a lot easier than open contact list. I use this a lot with my contactswho are not on desktop (from option 1).

It seems a good idea, though I got good enough options that I won't bother using it. Nice work though. ;)

Like I said in my first post: i made this program for myself, I just published it here incase somebody is interesting.
And I think its faster to just have a hotkey instead of rightclicking and all that stuff :)
RE: xMsgHotkey by L. Coyote on 07-06-2005 at 06:24 PM

(y) I'll try it now.

Edit: it's great! :banana: Just what I needed!

RE: xMsgHotkey by Zephyr on 07-06-2005 at 06:35 PM

Nice work A. Madsen, works great. This will be very useful i'm sure. (Y)

RE: xMsgHotkey by Phazeus on 07-07-2005 at 07:13 PM

lovely! just 2 points...
is it possible to make it into a plugin for plus?
make the memory imprint smaller!
anyway great idea there :)

RE: xMsgHotkey by dylan! on 07-07-2005 at 07:40 PM

i love it...its way easier:D