Shoutbox

RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE (/showthread.php?tid=47285)

RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE by imacman9 on 07-07-2005 at 03:47 AM

You know how you can rip any music to your hardrive, well my question is how in the world do you save a whole entire movie on your hardrive where you can watch it whenever you want and possibly burn it to a DVD thanks for your time to read this;)

RE: RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE by Dane on 07-07-2005 at 04:00 AM

Erm, copying DVDs to your hard drives or another DVD is illegal unless you own the official copy of the movie, in which your allowed to make one backup.

Use DVDShrink for your 1 backup.

RE: RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE by ShawnZ on 07-07-2005 at 09:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Erm, copying DVDs to your hard drives or another DVD is illegal unless you own the official copy of the movie, in which your allowed to make one backup.

Use DVDShrink for your 1 backup.

Thought you said dvdshrink was bs? :refuck:
RE: RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE by Ezra on 07-07-2005 at 07:48 PM

Dvd Shrink is kinda illegal, because it disbles the copy protection ;)

RE: RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE by rav0 on 07-08-2005 at 02:35 AM

DVD Shrink is only illegal in some areas.

My all time favourite: DVD Decrypter

No further development thanks to Macrovision, but the latest version works fine.

[edit]Removed attachment: We aren't a file hosting service and this tool is now considered illegal:

quote:
As I"ve recently been made aware (by a letter, hand delivered to my door, last Tuesday), due to some law that was changed back in October 2003, circumventing copy protection isn"t allowed.

So anyway, from this point forward, I"m no longer permitted to provide any sort of assistance with anything that helps people infringe the rights of "a certain company".

Anyone hosting DVD Decrypter is advised to cease doing so immediately. I"ve the feeling they won"t stop with just me. I"m having to contact anyone I know of that is (at the very least, the "mirror" sites), and tell them to stop.

RE: RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE by linx05 on 07-08-2005 at 07:37 AM

Different laws in different countries. In some you have to have the original dvd that you backed up. I have nothing against that.

The best bet would be DVD Decryptor. It can handle pretty much any dvd. When new protections comes out, just follow this guide along with the help of AnyDVD.

RE: RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE by imacman9 on 07-08-2005 at 09:42 PM

okay thanks you guy i will try some of that stuff and see if it works

RE: RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE by DJeX on 07-09-2005 at 01:27 AM

How about Clone DVD (Y)

RE: RIPPING DVD's TO YOUR HARDRIVE by Lou on 07-09-2005 at 01:31 AM

clone dvd seems to be good...