Shoutbox

[Request] Block New Contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [Request] Block New Contacts (/showthread.php?tid=47309)

[Request] Block New Contacts by Dusty on 07-08-2005 at 02:37 AM

It would be great if you guys could make a script that would block new contacts that have added your e-mail to their list. For instance, some moron has added my e-mail to some sort of chat and i'm getting loaded with pop-ups of people adding me. I would like to get rid of the spammers somehow. :(

If you guys could consider this, I would be very grateful, thank you. :)

RE: [Request] Block New Contacts by rav0 on 07-08-2005 at 02:47 AM

When a person adds you, they are blocked automatically, and they are unblocked if you accept them, and if you reject them, they stay blocked.

RE: RE: [Request] Block New Contacts by Dusty on 07-08-2005 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
When a person adds you, they are blocked automatically, and they are unblocked if you accept them, and if you reject them, they stay blocked.

I meant something like an autoblocker. Didn't mean to be so general. A blocker that won't show "Add new contact" windows maybe? :$
RE: [Request] Block New Contacts by *Saint* on 07-08-2005 at 03:27 AM

like deny all new contacts?

RE: [Request] Block New Contacts by RaceProUK on 07-08-2005 at 02:23 PM

The best bet is to catch all of those windows, and automatically select 'Block', uncheck the checkbox, and hit OK.

RE: [Request] Block New Contacts by matty on 07-08-2005 at 04:02 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=492441]

Uncheck the first box and uncheck the second box. You wont be alerted of people adding you but people will see you online.

RE: [Request] Block New Contacts by Supersonicdarky on 07-08-2005 at 04:29 PM

maybe someone should make a plug-in that won't display the pop-up, but log people who added you? then you can view the log and add people you want... 8-)

[Image: list.jpg]

RE: [Request] Block New Contacts by CookieRevised on 07-08-2005 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by supersonicdarky
maybe someone should make a plug-in that won't display the pop-up, but log people who added you? then you can view the log and add people you want... 8-)
Useless, because it already exists in MSN Messenger itself, aka: it is the way msn messenger works anyways... follow Matty's advice and for the list of people who added you, again look at the screenshot: "See who added you to their contact list" [VIEW]...
RE: RE: [Request] Block New Contacts by freitag on 07-08-2005 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by supersonicdarky
Useless, because it already exists in MSN Messenger itself, aka: it is the way msn messenger works anyways... follow Matty's advice and for the list of people who added you, again look at the screenshot: "See who added you to their contact list" [VIEW]...

true, but a search filter would be handy so you don't have to look through the whole list to find one particular contact. this would be very useful for people with hundreds of contacts :S
RE: [Request] Block New Contacts by CookieRevised on 07-09-2005 at 01:07 AM

exists also... use NoRoom's ListManager for that... ;)