Shoutbox

IP address (another one) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: IP address (another one) (/showthread.php?tid=47313)

IP address (another one) by stephen_wq on 07-08-2005 at 05:56 AM

Ok ive done some searching, figured out i can get my contacts ip by sending the file.
I do this, and I get the messenger server.(I ip located it to be sure).
How can i bypass the messenger server to send a file, without having to install things etc.

RE: IP address (another one) by ShawnZ on 07-08-2005 at 05:59 AM

You're obviously looking at the wrong IP because files are never sent through the messenger server 8-) Edit: Okay, if it can't make a connection then they're sent through the server, but then theres no way around that

Besides, what could you do with an ip anyway

RE: IP address (another one) by segosa on 07-08-2005 at 07:04 AM

Yeah they are sent through the server, but only when a direct connection couldn't be made between you and your contacts.

If it goes through the server I don't think there's any way to get their IP address.

RE: IP address (another one) by RaceProUK on 07-08-2005 at 02:25 PM

Can I ask why you want your contact's IP address?

RE: IP address (another one) by user13774 on 07-08-2005 at 04:56 PM

If you want to send a file directly to someone else, you could use File Transfer Plus (a Msgplus plugin) (or of course a p2p program ;))

RE: IP address (another one) by Anubis on 07-08-2005 at 05:28 PM

For this method to work properly, both you and your contact will have to have any firewalls and routers to allow IP2IP transfers (or uPnP enabled). As Markus said you could use File Transfer Plus.

If you are interested further in finding the IP address of contacts you may want to read this thread IP address. That thread sums it up very well.