Shoutbox

Display Picture Manager 2! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Display Picture Manager 2! (/showthread.php?tid=47347)

Display Picture Manager 2! by Destruction on 07-08-2005 at 10:53 PM

Hey guys, well this is my first MSN Messenger project since I lost all my data to the format, I even questioned my own desire to continue programming these sorts of things because of losing such things like personality messenger but here is it!

The first info and screenshots first hand on Display Picture Manager 2

all the info can be found here! enjoy!

Link here!

Any questions will be welcome...

I also need beta testers, email me at the email address on that link if you are interested.

Thanks!

EDITED!

Well it seems that link is now very reliable so here, I have attached the info below.

quote:
Version 2 is started from scratch after the hard drive format.

Well it's been a very difficult few weeks seen as I lost all my software and existing projects but I have come up strong and have decided my first new MSN Messenger add-on to come out of the D-Soft 2005 catalogue is Display Picture Manager 2. I felt version 1 made great grounds and was a very well liked product so this version will hopefully continue that with the right publicity.

What's new in this version I can hear you ask? Well it's all new, a new look, a new start and new features.

As you can see it has a new look, a very organised, professional look and everything has been made so much easier as you can see from the screenshots. Some of the improvements are listed below;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A new professional interface with a simple menu down the left hand side.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A more organised structure which is more reliable and more effective with plenty more error checks
Some of the new features include;
Status assignment. You can now assign a picture to a status then once you change to that status your picture will also change, this can be turned on and off easily and the assignments of pictures can be removed and added effectively.
Picture preview. You are now able to preview your pictures before selection and they are viewed in a display picture size to help selection.
Slideshow preview. You can now see the current selected images for your slideshow in a preview mode down the left hand side. This make it easy to single out a picture to remove and configure.
These are only a few of the new features and improvements as you will see there are many many more. We are also going to work on being able to save a slideshow which can easily be done but we are just thinking of the best way to do it. If you are interested in becoming a beta tester for this product then just email us at the following address: admin@messenger-extreme.com

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Zephyr on 07-08-2005 at 11:08 PM

It looks great and well done on going back to make the program after losing it all. (Y)

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Ezra on 07-08-2005 at 11:39 PM

Why does it say: There's no point in regreting because you cannot change the past?

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Destruction on 07-09-2005 at 08:16 AM

That is just something personal.

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by user27089 on 07-09-2005 at 08:19 AM

The user interface seems very crammed, and the colours don't go well at all, it won't be good for the visually impaired...

Try making the background colours darker, and the text lighter if it's darker, or just darken the text.

Other than that, it seems like a good program. (y).

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by absorbation on 07-09-2005 at 09:29 AM

Yeh looks great i also see messenger extreme is up (y)

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Destruction on 07-09-2005 at 09:11 PM

quote:
The user interface seems very crammed, and the colours don't go well at all, it won't be good for the visually impaired...

Try making the background colours darker, and the text lighter if it's darker, or just darken the text.

Other than that, it seems like a good program.

noted. I am still playing around with different parts but glad to hear your comments!

quote:
Yeh looks great i also see messenger extreme is up

Hell yeah! official website for Display Picture Manager 2 & any future products will go on there which I create. Link here!

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by ProblemWv Authority on 07-09-2005 at 09:19 PM

Wow, looks good! So this allows you to make your MSN Messenger Display Picture a slide show? If so very cool!:D Could I put this on my site?

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Destruction on 07-22-2005 at 08:14 AM

OK guys, I have decided to give you all a chance at being testers and this product will be sent out to you immediately.

I will not be putting a download link on here because I want  feedback from the people I give it to like problems found, suggestions etc. so if you want a copy then best thing to do is probably send me a private message on here then i can send you a dowmload link that way I know who has a copy.

I have also added new screenshots for you all to enjoy, I think you should check them out!

I have uploaded the screenshots below.

I think I should explain a few of the new changes which I have yet to tell you about.

Friendly Name Assignments

You can set a certain image to a friendly name so if your friendly name says a certain thing then your display picture will automatically change to the assigned image.

Status Assignments

Like the above but with a status, once you change your status to a certain one then your display picture will automatically change as well.

Slideshow Intervals

This time I have added a couple of built-in intervals for you seen as the last one caused abit of confusion.

There are many other changes and improvements just play around with the program and let me know what you think.

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Destruction on 07-25-2005 at 06:15 PM

http://www.messenger-extreme.com/site/modules.php...s&d_op=getit&lid=9

ok guys, i have finally got it released!!!

The link to download is atthe top of this post as you can see, I hope you enjoy it, I have worked hard on this project and would welcome your comments!

if you get stuck then just post here or send me a private message!

enjoy :)

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Destruction on 07-27-2005 at 10:56 PM

any feedback from anyone at all ?

Anyone need help with the status and friendly name assignments ?

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Destruction on 08-16-2005 at 12:26 PM

version 2.1 is now available!

There have been some big and small changes to this version, a list of the changes can be found below:

- now with .png support as well
- now 11 images in slideshow
- more details in general screen such as image number being viewed
- bug fixes (slide show) - bug fixed in option viewing
- now back feature available in image edit
- starts up with windows

We will also be making a spanish version as well because some translators have appraoched me recently.

but for the time being get this version now!

Download Now!

comments are welcome....

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Destruction on 08-21-2005 at 10:14 AM

Anyone got any ideas for future releases ?

I am hoping to make a version 3 if there is plenty of demand, I know alot of people enjoy using this product so please give some feedback!

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by absorbation on 08-21-2005 at 11:00 AM

i would like it built into messenger instead of going to a certain folder each time :) or make it a messenger plus! plugin :)

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Destruction on 08-21-2005 at 04:59 PM

you don't need to go to a certain folder now though because it starts with windows.

I don't use messenger plus so it will not be getting built into it.

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by mwe99 on 08-21-2005 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Destruction

I don't use messenger plus so it will not be getting built into it.

well i'd estimate over 90% of forum users use MsgPlus! so it might be a good idea to download it and impliment it in, then you are taking your audience into consideration seen as you posted it on the forums :)

Just an idea tho

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by DeathzLord on 08-21-2005 at 05:14 PM

Why not make MSN Extreme 3 and Display Picture Manager v2.1 combined? i mean, it's both for MSN Messenger!

And maybe you can make a menu for it, just like MSG plus! has!
Don't convert the program to a plugin!!

Maybe for the MSN Extreme 4 i got some ideas :P but i will put those messages on the D-Soft site where we CAN talk about lotta stuff :P

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Fergy on 08-21-2005 at 05:26 PM

I gave teh display pic program a try, and I was quite impressed, there are a few things you couyld tighten up, but never the less a good program

RE: Display Picture Manager 2! by Destruction on 08-21-2005 at 07:15 PM

quote:
well i'd estimate over 90% of forum users use MsgPlus! so it might be a good idea to download it and impliment it in, then you are taking your audience into consideration seen as you posted it on the forums

yes but the program also goes on many other msn sites not just these forums so I have to take non plus users into consideration which is more than actual plus users.

quote:
Why not make MSN Extreme 3 and Display Picture Manager v2.1 combined? i mean, it's both for MSN Messenger!

And maybe you can make a menu for it, just like MSG plus! has!
Don't convert the program to a plugin!!

Maybe for the MSN Extreme 4 i got some ideas  but i will put those messages on the D-Soft site where we CAN talk about lotta stuff

I have actually been thinking about making an MSN Extreme 4 recently because I keep having new ideas also.

I am not sure whether or not to do it yet though. If i did then I would certainly include some of the dpm features.

quote:
I gave teh display pic program a try, and I was quite impressed, there are a few things you couyld tighten up, but never the less a good program

Thank you, I also know there is room for improvement which means I can also make new updates and release new versions now and again :)