Shoutbox

NetGear Router and Windows Media Encoder - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: NetGear Router and Windows Media Encoder (/showthread.php?tid=47421)

NetGear Router and Windows Media Encoder by Salem on 07-10-2005 at 06:47 PM

Hi

Can anyone help me setup port forwarding on my NetGear WGT 624 v2 router, so that people can connect to me IP address and access streams i create using Windows Media Encoder. The main thing i need help with is what to enter as a service name.

Thanks in advance
RileyM

RE: NetGear Router and Windows Media Encoder by Nathan on 07-10-2005 at 06:51 PM

if im not right please correct me...
enter 192.168.0.1 you'll have to enter password and username but you can access settings and stuff.

RE: NetGear Router and Windows Media Encoder by Salem on 07-10-2005 at 07:00 PM

Thanks for you help.

I know how to access the router settings, but would like to know how what "Service Name" i should enter under Port Forwarding in order to get the NetGear to automatically forward all traffic to a specific port to my computer internat IP (192.168.0.2). I have it Port Forwarding setup for FTP, but not sure what to do abourt Windows Media Encoder

RE: NetGear Router and Windows Media Encoder by Nathan on 07-10-2005 at 07:07 PM

I'm not sure about that. But you should ring up the netgear helpline. They'll help you. It's a bastard of a job according to my mum. But we have the net gear DG834.

RE: NetGear Router and Windows Media Encoder by ShawnZ on 07-10-2005 at 07:11 PM

Service/Private ports: whatever port its streaming on

Service name: anything

RE: NetGear Router and Windows Media Encoder by Anubis on 07-10-2005 at 07:17 PM

afaik, Windows Media Encoder is fully uPnP compliant, so I believe that if you look around in your router settings for a setting called uPnP and enable it, it should work without needing to set up a virtual server to forward the ports to your computer. btw, I'm giving this advice purely on hearsay, I haven't the slightest clue if it will work for sure, however it seems highly logical that this should work.