Shoutbox

Internet Explorer modified - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Internet Explorer modified (/showthread.php?tid=47449)

Internet Explorer modified by gussie on 07-11-2005 at 01:17 PM

I've installed and now my internet explorer comes with two annoying new things. One is a new Toolbar and the other some love mate at the bottom.

Anyone knows how to rid these things. I was thinking on uninstalling Internet Explorer, but that unistalls a lot of things and I am not ver sure I want to go through that pain.

Gussie

RE: Internet Explorer modified by gussie on 07-11-2005 at 02:32 PM

It uninstalled some. Explorer.exe now has some favorites that cannot be removed. I don't know about you bue this is ver agravating for me.

I cannot control many things in life and now I cannot control what is in my machine! :(

RE: Internet Explorer modified by mwe99 on 07-11-2005 at 02:45 PM

'love mate' are you sure this is to do with MSGPLUS! i don't have the sponser personally but can't image love mate would be on it. Are you sure its not from other program?

RE: RE: Internet Explorer modified by absorbation on 07-11-2005 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
lol i know i know i edited my post, to clarify DO NOT USE SCANNERS AS  THIS WILL DAMAGE THE UNINSTALLER

Installing without sponer video

Sponer Removal video

Support site
RE: Internet Explorer modified by gussie on 07-11-2005 at 02:59 PM

Calvin, here is the snapshot of the iexplore.exe annoying toolbar, I cannot seem to be able to uninstall. I am afraid that if I uninstall messenger it will not do the trick.

RE: Internet Explorer modified by gussie on 07-11-2005 at 03:01 PM

Calvin; and here are the favorites that have been added to my Explorer.exe application;

RE: Internet Explorer modified by gussie on 07-11-2005 at 03:20 PM

Very simple procedure actually. Straight forward; there was an option that allowed me 2 uninstall. When I came back from coffee break it appear to be completed so I restarted comp.

The add/remove screen was frozen though. I had to terminate process, but I checked the Task Manager and there was nothing happening. Now I did a search throughout the registry to find some more clues but I give up, I will uninstall the whole freaking software and if it persist I will reinstall windows if necesary. 

My machine needs cleaning anyway...
Thanks for your help!

You seem to be a smart boy; my son also likes computers but he does not care about these things. I work at the government of canada developing software in Oracle and VB. Keep it up young man!

RE: Internet Explorer modified by RaceProUK on 07-11-2005 at 03:27 PM

As the Add/Remove screen was frozen, did you check that nothing was running behind it? Like the sponsor uninstaller?

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Sponer
^o)
RE: Internet Explorer modified by absorbation on 07-11-2005 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
had you tried deleteing the stuff manually?
if so, reinstall plus! WITH the sponsor, than uninstall it, and reinstall WITHOUT the sponsor, if that doesnt work, i dunno what will :P

did you try what i siad in my video as it is the correct way of uninstalling. I do help alot with people hating the sponser and i've had it on my pc many times to make that video :P

Please follow the video and get back to me :P
RE: Internet Explorer modified by gussie on 07-11-2005 at 04:05 PM

Messenger is uninstalled, I will not install once again.
I don't have more time to be doing this; if it does not work Windows will be installed once again.

All my information is stored in different drives, so I don't realy care.

RE: Internet Explorer modified by absorbation on 07-12-2005 at 03:13 PM

first you can install without the sponer please please please read the installer basic details it clearly says on 2 pages you ahve the choice :P

second did you try what we said please tell us what you did you are not given enought information i will help with the info ;)

RE: Internet Explorer modified by gussie on 07-12-2005 at 05:16 PM

Thank you for your help, you are a good man. I resolved situation by installing and uninstalling and reinstalling once again this time w/o sponsors.

The explorer.exe got screewed up, so I reinstalled and all the favorites stuff that got embbeded went away.

I also run some other utilities that cleared my registry.
Problem is resolved

RE: Internet Explorer modified by King For A Day on 07-12-2005 at 07:07 PM

i was just reading your posts, were you removing and reinstalling msn or msg plus? it sounded like msn to me

RE: Internet Explorer modified by gussie on 07-13-2005 at 01:07 PM

I am not sure if this was something to do with Messenger Plus anymore, my entire machine crashed last night and I had to repair my Windows 2000. After long hours of reinstalling and installing I managed to stabilize system.

Now everything is working; I deleted a ton of spyware from my machine.

Thanks guys!