Shoutbox

Any recommendations for PC games? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Any recommendations for PC games? (/showthread.php?tid=47454)

Any recommendations for PC games? by Reaper on 07-11-2005 at 03:02 PM

well as u can see from the title, i need another pc game to play :p
the games i currently have are:

counter strike source
halo
call of duty
far cry
doom 3
half life 2
pro evolution soccer 4
escape from monkey island ( funny game :D go buy it :P)
sims 2
age of empires 2
shogun: total war
rome: total war
diablo 2
football manager 2005
quake 3

im really lookin for a FPS but any other suggestions wud be great :D

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by brian on 07-11-2005 at 03:03 PM

FPS's are really fun, that comes to Battlefield 2, you have to buy it. :wink:

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Reaper on 07-11-2005 at 03:04 PM

battlefield is not my thing, too many keyboard commands >.<
i want sumthin simple

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by _Humphreys on 07-11-2005 at 03:08 PM

Command and Conqueror Generals + The Zero Hour expansion pack.

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Anubis on 07-11-2005 at 03:10 PM

You may like Command and Conquer Generals, and Zero Hour...I've been playing that game a lot recently and it r0x0rs! Also you seem to like a lot of RTS games there. It's a game you can quickly get the hang of and enjoy.

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Reaper on 07-11-2005 at 03:12 PM

ahh cool. i jus started playing rome and shogun total war but its a lil complicated for me but im sure ill get the hang of it

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by user27089 on 07-11-2005 at 03:15 PM

I used to have Shogun Total War, they're really boring games, my mate bums games like those though, they just annoy me, it's not that they're too complicated, it's just that they get really boring :-/.

Have you ever played Ghost Master? It's quite a new game, it may sound lame, but it's a really fun game to play and is quite hard :p...

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Reaper on 07-11-2005 at 03:16 PM

ghost master...8-) lol :P
hmmm ill have a look at reviews

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by user27089 on 07-11-2005 at 03:19 PM

I know what you mean, I was sceptical about it at first, then when I played it, I really enjoyed it.

What you do is basically go to houses, and you have missions, but to solve these missions, you have to use ghosts, like to scare people out the house, but it is more complicated, as you have to free other ghosts, and do stuff like, lure people to somewhere where there is a dead body or something... It get's really hard.

There are loads of places to go aswell, like the Clamitiville Horror, House of the Dead :p...

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by YottabyteWizard on 07-11-2005 at 03:23 PM

Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Unreal Tournament 2003 2004. I currently have this ones. They requiried a lot of power (mainly WoW and UT2004)

BTW, anybody knows a game liek Flight Simulator for in space?, :P i really like astronomy and all of that stuff, spaceships...

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by buzz on 07-11-2005 at 03:55 PM

this game is kinda old but its a must have:max payne 1 and 2, there prolly both in the 10 $ section by now

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Reaper on 07-11-2005 at 04:10 PM

yeh i was thinkin of max payne. more the second one instead of the first

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by pollolibredegrasa on 07-11-2005 at 04:14 PM

Dont know if you have them already (you didnt list them) but Monkey Islands 1-3 are also good..true they may be slightly outdated but the humour is still the same and I still go back and play them :wink:

Theyre probably available real cheap now too, so if you havent they may be worth a look :happy:

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by lopardo on 07-11-2005 at 04:38 PM

What I've been playing lately (not all of them work on my computer :dodgy:):
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Adventure DX
Need for Speed Underground
Need for Speed Underground 2
Civilization III Complete Edition

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Ash_ on 07-11-2005 at 05:14 PM

World of Warcraft. BIG UPS, this is the besst game eva!.

everyone is all like "its teh suckorz" and stuff but really its awesome.

the only reason i come back to RL is to pay for WoW :(

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Reaper on 07-11-2005 at 05:50 PM

hmm everyone is talkn bouit WoW. i played final fantasy 11 and i loved it but i stopped playing cos i dint have timeand cos of the monthly charge. how much is WoW a month?

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Eljay on 07-11-2005 at 06:52 PM

if you like the total war series get medieval total war ;)

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by kao on 07-11-2005 at 07:26 PM

Instead of max payne get The Punisher, its like max payne only much better =p.

Prince of Persia Warrior Within is nice if you're not someone who's brain can't cope with games that make you think and figure out where to go instead of being given one route =p.

Star wars republic commando is an OK FPS but gets a bit repetative after a few levels of telling teammates to snipe/open doors where you want.

I hate WoW, and yes i've played it and don't like it =p

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by NoFear on 07-11-2005 at 07:32 PM

I see you like 1st person shooters, well, if you like online 1st person shooters, may i suggest America's Army. And, the best thing, its FREE!!

More info:
www.americasarmy.com

Best download link (~850mb):
http://aaotracker.4players.de/downloaddb.php?file=116

It's worth the download wait

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by TheGeek on 07-11-2005 at 07:50 PM

Stronghold II is a great strategy game.
Command and Conquer (ZH) is also a good game.
You might also want to try Rubies Of Eventide, it's a free mmorpg.
I also like playing gba roms, maybe you should try that :p

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by user27089 on 07-11-2005 at 07:58 PM

I have never liked World of Warcraft, people seem to get hooked on it to easy, I never have at all. Our schools technician (he's such a loser) plays on it constantly, even during work time, he's too lame to be true.

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper66613
yeh i was thinkin of max payne. more the second one instead of the first

The first one is really good, the second one is okay, I'm not sure which is better. The main problem with the second one is that it is constantly loading, about every 5 minutes, it sucks...

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
Prince of Persia Warrior Within is nice if you're not someone who's brain can't cope with games that make you think and figure out where to go instead of being given one route =p.

I love the Prince of Persia games, I'm kind of hooked on PoP:WW at the moment though, it's a bit of a bitch at the moment to be honest, it is just getting on my nerves, I went the wrong way, and now guess what... I can't get back :cry:.
RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by _Humphreys on 07-11-2005 at 09:26 PM

About the comment regarding Max Payne I believe the first one was top-notch but there was many problems with the sequel.

Although the sotrylines are great stuff on both games.

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Reaper on 07-11-2005 at 10:01 PM

hmm. im gonna defo download the free games :P
i mainly player counter strike than any other game i got so i need a good FPS to top that :P
bf2 is slowly appealing to me but only time will tell if i get it :p

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by multimillion2k on 07-11-2005 at 10:05 PM

GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS!

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Garndell on 07-11-2005 at 10:17 PM

Soldier of Fortune
Soldier of Fortune II
Delta Force Series
Manhunt
Max Payne (as suggested)

WoW costs roughly £8.99 a month.

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by [MR] on 07-11-2005 at 10:56 PM

empire earth is only $20 at walmart/sam's club

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by YottabyteWizard on 07-12-2005 at 04:23 AM

Never played WoW, and i don't like it just because of the montly payment of $30 dlls for 60-days, i consider myself a videogamer but to pay each 2 month for a game? I just go for the free ones, lets accept the system and graphics are very nice. Blizzard rulez! Every game of them rocks (Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft)...

RE: RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by mad_onion on 07-12-2005 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
if you like the total war series get medieval total war ;)

well you might as well get rome: total war now it is newer and is generally better especially the campaign map. unless you have a thing about the medieval battles....
tbh im not really that impressed with battlefield 2 but i know loads of people have it and love it. there arent a lot of great new fps games atm. but you could wait for F.E.A.R or something like that.
also, if you want strategy Age of empires 3 and civlization 4 will both be great but wont be out until xmas.
RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by user27089 on 07-12-2005 at 03:19 PM

I used to play Lineage II quite a bit, that was an amazing game, it is a MMORPG, I don't think it's free, and the installation file is huge, but overall, it is an amazing game...

I can get a free server.

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Eljay on 07-12-2005 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
well you might as well get rome: total war now it is newer and is generally better especially the campaign map. unless you have a thing about the medieval battles....
tbh im not really that impressed with battlefield 2 but i know loads of people have it and love it. there arent a lot of great new fps games atm. but you could wait for F.E.A.R or something like that.
also, if you want strategy Age of empires 3 and civlization 4 will both be great but wont be out until xmas.

he has rome:total war and shogun so i assumed he liked them...
RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by paperless on 07-12-2005 at 03:29 PM

BF2 is a must try...
Also as someone said there you should try AA:O as well, its such a great game ( it has gotten worse since 2.3.. :( ).
WoW is too expensive, if you want a good, and better MMORPG try Guild Wars everyone says its great and you have no monthly fee.
I tried Price Of Persia: warrior within ( 15 minutes ) and IMHO i didnt like it specially because of the character changed a hell lot, i think PoP was one of those games that didnt need a sequel.
But yeah i can be wrong, 15 minutes isnt definitely enough to evaluate a game.

AoEIII is only coming in around November but it will rock i will be getting it for sure.

But what matters is the present so heres my final suggestions:
-BF2
-AA:O
-NFSU2
-HF2
-PES4
-GTA:SA
-UT is also very nice

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by mad_onion on 07-12-2005 at 03:39 PM

oh yeah lineage 2 is supposed to be really cool it isnt free but im not sure how much it is per month. my friend has a level 75 charater lol which is the level cap btw he plays for like 8 hours a day though i think it isnt the kind of game you can play for an hour a day :)

paperless: im not sure whether to get aoe 3 of civ 4 but i might just get both i cant decide which will be most fun but if you're getting aoe.... i might too lol

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Garndell on 07-13-2005 at 12:58 PM

I used to play Lineage 2 and in order to enjoy it you really do have to be prepared for a LONG haul.  It takes forever to get to 40 let alone 75.  It costs £8.99 a month, like WoW.

You may want to look into Planetside, it's a little older now but it's an amazing MMOFPS kinda thing.

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by FrozernFire on 07-13-2005 at 01:46 PM

if you are really bored, play GunZ :D korean game, but the international edition is still in beta. FPS type game, just that you look over the shoulder of your character.

http://www.gunzonline.com

<------

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by paperless on 07-13-2005 at 01:57 PM

Frozern i jus tinstalled it yserterday lol i knew about it trough another forum and its a really addicting game.. im already pwnng everyone :P took 1 hour to go from lvl  1 to 4

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by SikStyles on 07-13-2005 at 04:05 PM

if u like racing games then go get some racing games :D

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by kao on 07-13-2005 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I love the Prince of Persia games, I'm kind of hooked on PoP:WW at the moment though, it's a bit of a bitch at the moment to be honest, it is just getting on my nerves, I went the wrong way, and now guess what... I can't get back .
which bit? =p i completed it just the other day :p

i want the original PoP (the 1989 2D version) but all i can find now is a dodgy rip called Prince 4D which looks the same but the levels are different, so it's not real :p. i had it on floppy disk somewhere :(
RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by user27089 on 07-13-2005 at 09:25 PM

If you complete Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 100%, then you get it, all you have to do is get all of the upgrades, it's really easy.

I'm starting PoP: 2 (3) again now :).

RE: RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Supersonicdarky on 07-13-2005 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS!

:lol: What a coucidence! I'm installing it right now! (takes like 15 min.)
RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by MC Inferno on 07-13-2005 at 10:46 PM

GTA: San Andreas just come out. and ive found loads of downloads for them on P2P networks. take forever though.

Edit: Oh, I;'m a little late there then lol :( even so, do get it for the mod's and that. check some of out at www.gtagaming.com

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
if u like racing games then go get some racing games :D

and if he likes fighting games get some fighting games too yeah? :P
RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by Reaper on 07-14-2005 at 12:01 PM

fighting games eh?
any gud fighting games for pc?
street fighter or tekken :P

RE: Any recommendations for PC games? by black_wolf on 07-15-2005 at 09:02 AM

try heroes 4 n the expansion:D they r pritty kewl[Image: guns.gif]