Shoutbox

Display Currently Used Application Name On MSN - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Display Currently Used Application Name On MSN (/showthread.php?tid=47455)

Display Currently Used Application Name On MSN by Arzo2000 on 07-11-2005 at 03:23 PM

I am looking for a plug-in for Messenger that would display the name of the Application that I am currently using. For example, if I am using MS Word, it would show Using Microsoft Word 2004 (or something similar) beside my nickname.

Is there such a plug-in similar to this nature at this time?

Thanks guys in advance :)

RE: Display Currently Used Application Name On MSN by Mnjul on 07-11-2005 at 03:27 PM

mess.be's MSN Messenger application monitor can do this. You need to manually enter the application information one by one or go to this thread for user-posted settings. :)

RE: Display Currently Used Application Name On MSN by Arzo2000 on 07-11-2005 at 03:48 PM

Great! I got the file and I added a couple of application names, but how do you get it to work? I minimized the application and it disapeared leaving a taskbar icon which means it is working in the background. But that didn't change anything on MSN :S

Is there something else that I have to do so that this can work?

Note:I read something about having the latest .NET Framework. Since I am a .NET programmer, I do have the latest framework if that's suppose to be required for this application.

RE: Display Currently Used Application Name On MSN by sn1p3r on 07-11-2005 at 03:51 PM

Are you sure you have typed the names of the programs correctly in the list, e.g. "Game.exe" I was using it before and my program wasn't displaying because i had typed the name of the exe wrong.

RE: RE: Display Currently Used Application Name On MSN by Arzo2000 on 07-11-2005 at 03:55 PM

Actually I just got it to work now, I just didn't have the 'Now Playing' feature turned on. But I still have something that I am not sure about. Do you have to only have 1 application running at a time so that the correct application name shows up? Cause I have like multiple applications running, and it showed the one that I am not using but running in the background.

RE: Display Currently Used Application Name On MSN by Mnjul on 07-11-2005 at 04:06 PM

When you switched to program X (program X gets focus) the monitor shows program X's title. AFAIK it isn't 100% accurate... for example, it never detects devenv.exe (VS.Net) for me correctly :(

RE: Display Currently Used Application Name On MSN by Arzo2000 on 07-11-2005 at 04:13 PM

Oh well, thanks anyway for your quick response. Seems to me the program is a bit kluge. I guess I better wait for a better version.

Thanks again man :)