Shoutbox

I have tryed EVRYTHING!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! (/showthread.php?tid=47474)

I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by bumboy1 on 07-11-2005 at 10:58 PM

OK, I have tryed what was said to do, to un-install the toolbars that come with Plus!. I follow what it says and then i input the code it asks for and then a explorer error pops up.. when i finaly get rid of that, the sponsor uninstall program is not responding.. :@:@:@. Is there any other alternitive to remove the damm software?? I will not be re-installing windows.

RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by freitag on 07-11-2005 at 10:59 PM

close all other programs and processes you don't need running. then try uninstalling.

RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by Zephyr on 07-11-2005 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bumboy1
OK, I have tryed what was said to do, to un-install the toolbars that come with Plus!. I follow what it says and then i input the code it asks for and then a explorer error pops up.. when i finaly get rid of that, the sponsor uninstall program is not responding.. :@:@:@. Is there any other alternitive to remove the damm software?? I will not be re-installing windows.

I know you've said you've followed it all, but have you reinsatlled plus with the sponsor so as to restore it to how it is meant to be. Then the uninstaller can work well and the sponsor will be removed.

RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by bumboy1 on 07-11-2005 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
quote:
Originally posted by bumboy1

I know you've said you've followed it all, but have you reinsatlled plus with the sponsor so as to restore it to how it is meant to be. Then the uninstaller can work well and the sponsor will be removed.

I HAVE reinstalled it, and it still wont uninstall
RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by lopardo on 07-11-2005 at 11:07 PM

I guess you already tried this:
- Reinstall MsgPlus with the sponsor and restart.
- Make sure Messenger and Internet Explorer are not running and close any other unnecessary program (including antispyware and antivirus programs).
- Uninstall MsgPlus.

Check this step by step tutorial.

If that still doesn't work, there's an uninstaller, but use it only if the above doesn't work. Make sure you're doing everything as described.

RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by bumboy1 on 07-11-2005 at 11:10 PM

ok ill try ONE more time

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

It has finaly been removed!! Manythanks..
RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by lopardo on 07-11-2005 at 11:48 PM

No problem :cheesy:

RE: RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by Joey13 on 07-13-2005 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
I guess you already tried this:
- Reinstall MsgPlus with the sponsor and restart.
- Make sure Messenger and Internet Explorer are not running and close any other unnecessary program (including antispyware and antivirus programs).
- Uninstall MsgPlus.

Check this step by step tutorial.

If that still doesn't work, there's an uninstaller, but use it only if the above doesn't work. Make sure you're doing everything as described.

This still does not work for me. I can't uninstall the sponser properly because it's made it so IEXPLORE.EXE is always running, and when you try to end it it'll automatically bring it back. Oh, and for some reason I can't download the uninstaller, it won't start. Could someone host it for me?
RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by RaceProUK on 07-13-2005 at 06:50 PM

You don't have to close all iexplore.exe processes I think, just browser windows and MSN Messenger. And maybe stuff like Outlook etc. as well.

RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by lopardo on 07-13-2005 at 06:52 PM

Are you sure it's MsgPlus sponsor? IEXPLORE coming back could be due to a virus or spyware, do a virus scan. Also check with BHODemon for any unwanted BHOs (Browser Helper Objects).

Once you can make Internet Explorer stay closed, try what I said in my other post.

RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by Joey13 on 07-13-2005 at 06:52 PM

Yeah, I close freaking everything, still doesn't work. And it's strange, because the window that tells you to close all browser windows, is itself a browser window. Cheap.

Does this uninstaller that was mentioned by lopardo work?

RE: I have tryed EVRYTHING!! by L. Coyote on 07-13-2005 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joey13
Does this uninstaller that was mentioned by lopardo work?
That uninstaller is a last resource and should work.

If you can't download it from that site, you can try downloading it from here (my site).