Shoutbox

U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. (/showthread.php?tid=47479)

U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by paperless on 07-12-2005 at 02:34 AM

http://www.onesite.com/

.com, .net, .org, .us, .ws, .biz, or .info domain +
"50MB of space, 3 GB of monthly transfer, SSI, PHP, MySQL, FrontPage Extensions, Site Builder and a built-in blog – all for $0."

For.. U.S and Canada students.. :'(

Does anyone know if its possible to signup for a .edu email? Or is that kind of email provided by shcools, univs etc, only?

Enjoy!

RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by brian on 07-12-2005 at 03:44 AM

That looks cool, althought sucks that I don't have a @..edu.

RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by ipab on 07-12-2005 at 04:28 AM

yeah it realli does. my school doesnt have a .edu email thing. mine goes by user@mountain.sd41.bc.ca

RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by Purity on 07-12-2005 at 04:59 AM

How do the people make the .com makers? :|

Like how is it made?

RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by surfichris on 07-12-2005 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
How do the people make the .com makers? :|

Like how is it made?
They most likely resell domains through another domain registrar. Domain registrar's register the domain with interNIC/ICANN who are responsible for maintaining the directory of registered domain names.
RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by Banks on 07-12-2005 at 03:43 PM

*If your student email address does not
end in .edu you will need to fax in a copy
of your student ID and drivers liscence for
verification.

RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by M73A on 07-12-2005 at 03:51 PM

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE FIND WHERE I CAN GET A .EDU EMAIL!

lol, why is all the good deals for USA only.. :dodgy: like the memory sticks!!

RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by Banks on 07-12-2005 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Banks
verification.
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance

RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by M73A on 07-12-2005 at 06:36 PM

quote:
quote:
verification.
quote:

i aint in america and i aint in a university... i want to sign up to a .edu email for the free domain!
RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by John Anderton on 07-12-2005 at 07:22 PM

quote:

i aint in america and i aint in a university... i want to sign up to a .edu email for the free domain!
*-) You cant imo .... colleges have .edu's and students get a addy as it is recognition that they study there and kinda a publicity thing like your company gives you an addy even tho you have gmail :P
quote:
lol, why is all the good deals for USA only.. like the memory sticks!!
* John Anderton slaps companies not giving such offers to other companies around with a large trout.
Is this a scam ??? All such dodgy free stuff are for Us and Canada only .... if i go there on a study scholarship then ill definately apply :P
RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by Maniac on 07-12-2005 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Q. What is the Free Domain and Hosting Policy for ONEsite?

A. Students get a free web domain and free web hosting. Non-students must pay $7.99.

Students who use their site regularly will continue to receive a FREE Domain and Web Hosting as long as ONEsite can viably do so. ONEsite will establish metrics by which the ONEsite usage is determined.

If for any reason, ONEsite determines that the FREE domain and Web Hosting is no longer viable for a your domain, ONEsite will notify you within 30 days of your domains expiration and you will be given a chance to purchase your domain and web hosting at our regular price.

All ONEsite customers are required to perform the following:

• Build a website within the first 30 days.
• Setup Email at your ONEsite domain or forward all email to your primary email account from ONEsite

Just making sure you guys see this...

I have a .edu email... i guess i'll keep this in mind if i want to make a website :p
RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by John Anderton on 07-12-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Just making sure you guys see this...

I have a .edu email... i guess i'll keep this in mind if i want to make a website :p
:'( I want the domain name :sad:
Damn :blah:
Why do i feel that the tool bar is kinda an adware or something.
RE: U.S and Canada students, get your free domain now. by Curtis on 07-13-2005 at 05:25 PM

No fair, my school doesn't give me a .edu email, they don't even give me an email.