Shoutbox

Messenger Discovery X - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger Discovery X (/showthread.php?tid=47498)

Messenger Discovery X by qgroessl on 07-12-2005 at 05:10 PM

Messenger Discorvery has alot of cool features and all... But it screwed up my MSN when I had it on my computer. Can somebody take some of the features from there and put them into different plug-ins... The "hide 'is talking'" in the conversation windows is the one I want most. But the notification for being deleted. Blocking winks and nudges also...

RE: Messenger Discovery X by absorbation on 07-12-2005 at 05:19 PM

you can use any patch to so some of this :P http://www.mess.be for example serach mess patch :) there is demand for features in mdx :)

RE: Messenger Discovery X by qgroessl on 07-12-2005 at 05:20 PM

Can I use another patch... I have the A-patch... and it said not to have any other patch... Because I had to get rid of a skin for it to work.

RE: Messenger Discovery X by absorbation on 07-12-2005 at 05:29 PM

apatch allows it plus it has a resore feature so you can chnage it back qulicky also you can skin then patch depending on the skin name the skin you want and i'll tell you what features are compatiable and which are not ;)

RE: Messenger Discovery X by qgroessl on 07-12-2005 at 05:33 PM

Well... When I first downloaded apatch I had a skin on my messenger already... I can't remember which one, but it was one of them in the "Want msn skins" thread... But it wouldn't let me run messenger with both on so I reinstalled it... But if I could have a apatch and another patch that could let me get rid of the "is talking", winks, and nudges... which is all I really need... it would be great. Also, I'd want to be able to disable/enable them quickly and easily.

EDIT: I think it was the futuristic skin.

RE: Messenger Discovery X by freitag on 07-12-2005 at 05:57 PM

i suggest you wait for the next release of mdx (1.1). i think it will be released this month.
if it still screws up your msn. go to the mdx forums and describe the problem there.

RE: Messenger Discovery X by qgroessl on 07-12-2005 at 05:59 PM

Another problem with that is that mdx has alot of the features that stuffplug NG has... with limited computer space... it's kind've pointless to have both.

RE: Messenger Discovery X by absorbation on 07-12-2005 at 05:59 PM

lol the skins thread by me contains all the skins i could find and know about :P

furturstic msn could'nt be to much trouble as it does not mess with the hex vaules or ulifiles much well at least i dont think so :S

anyway rstore your backups and run it again to remove those options :)

RE: Messenger Discovery X by qgroessl on 07-12-2005 at 06:09 PM

Okay... I was wrong it wasn't the futuristic skin... BUT! I like this skin better anyways... Now that got rid of nudges... And a few other features in it that are quite nice... But the "is talking" would still be nice to get rid of... Anything besides MDX that can get rid of that?

RE: Messenger Discovery X by absorbation on 07-12-2005 at 06:17 PM

yeh any patch you mean thingy is wrting a message :P?

RE: Messenger Discovery X by qgroessl on 07-12-2005 at 06:20 PM

Well... Okay... Ran into another problem... I downloaded the futuristic skin like I said... Then I did all the restore backups and all that... And now I re-put the A patch on here... and now the skin is gone... Should I reinstall the skin again... Or what?

EDIT: A-Patch says to use it on a clean/unmodified version of messenger... So wouldn't the skin make it modified, therefore the apatch wouldn't work? Just a thought... but! I'd think you guys would know more than me.

RE: Messenger Discovery X by freitag on 07-13-2005 at 07:44 AM

uninstall any skin before you install a patch. you can install your skin after you've installed a patch :)

RE: Messenger Discovery X by RaceProUK on 07-13-2005 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by freitag
uninstall any skin before you install a patch. you can install your skin after you've installed a patch :)
Which, depending on how the installer works, would remove the effects of the patch.

Skin first, patch second.
RE: Messenger Discovery X by qgroessl on 07-13-2005 at 12:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by freitag
Which, depending on how the installer works, would remove the effects of the patch.

Skin first, patch second.

I've tried both ways and it just doesn't seem to be working.... I'll be fine with just the skin though... I'm sure there'll be other ways to get what I want out of the patch.
RE: Messenger Discovery X by ipab on 07-17-2005 at 12:18 AM

well, the way rolando's (well they are TB's) installers work is that it needs to have a clean version of msn messenger since it patches the hex values when installing the skin. There are other installers (like the ones that are compiled by Jaymach) out there that patch the exe without patching hex values and for these, you dont need to start with a clean version of msn messenger.

RE: Messenger Discovery X by Zephyr on 07-17-2005 at 12:22 AM

I'm using Penguin MSN and mess patch. I insatlled the skin first then tried mess patch, but after trial and error, i realised that only some of the mess patch features would work due to what the skin had changed. It took me a while, but i got it working in the end and i recorded the options i checked so i can do it again.