Shoutbox

[REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature (/showthread.php?tid=47514)

[REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by VuDu on 07-12-2005 at 08:57 PM

hi there!

I've searched the forums but weirdly i didn't find anything about this. Weird because I thought many others would think of this way before me.

My idea "slash" request is to ask someone to make msgplus or any plugin that would: display the last conversation lines when opening a new conversation window.

I know MSN Messenger already does it, but i really dislike the idea of having 2 logs for every conversation, plus MSN Messenger keeps saying the logs are too big, bla bla bla...
I really see it as usefull and it would be great if we could make it use the msgplus logs.

;)

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by qgroessl on 07-12-2005 at 09:02 PM

Do you mean like... If your like me and close a conversation window after just about everything you say... That it would show the conversation a little ways before you closed it?..... If that's what you mean I think that would be quite useful... But... I have no programming skills whatsoever :p.... So I can't really help ya.

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by VuDu on 07-12-2005 at 09:45 PM

nope. not that.

MSN Messenger has taht feature since the last realeases.

everytime you open a window, or someone talks to you forcing a window to open, it shows the last X lines of your conversation log.

that's pretty usefull, imagine that u say something to someone idle, close you window, do whaterver u want.. restart.. whatever and later he or she answers you, and the first thing it shows on your windows is the last lines you typed.

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by mwe99 on 07-12-2005 at 11:13 PM

It's not exactly what you want but you could use the Plus > Send Quote feature, however it only records the conversation when you were online

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by Twelve-60 on 07-13-2005 at 04:11 AM

yeah I have MSN Messenger logs disabled... I only use the plus logs... I wouldn't use it, I found it annoying but to others it would be usefull... :)

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by Eljay on 07-13-2005 at 06:47 AM

sounds like a good idea actually, all i know is it would probably involve active accessibility which i dont know

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by VuDu on 07-13-2005 at 01:12 PM

i really think it'd be usefull, at least for me.

It'd be great too if there were an option to show only the last conversation if the last thing was typed XX minutes before opening the new window, but maybe that's going too far... dunno..

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by Plik on 07-13-2005 at 01:24 PM

If you use encrypted logs then this would have to be part of plus because no-one else knows the encryption used on logs.

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by Twelve-60 on 07-13-2005 at 01:24 PM

^^ yeah not a bad idea...

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by VuDu on 07-27-2005 at 10:23 AM

any news on this?

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by aNILEator on 07-27-2005 at 02:00 PM

This is similar to the chat feature in skype, it can store the last convo for ages :P and it highlights them in yellow with a message saying messages in this chat are older than x hours/days/weeks

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by Rubber Stamp on 07-27-2005 at 02:27 PM

wat if we dont want the last line to be displayed...like if we are chatting and someone comes around and we dont want that person to see wat we are writting....then we close the chat window but when the other person (who v are chatting wid) says something and the window comes up showind watever we wanted to hide!!!!
does happen wid me and my mom....
hope u get wat i m trying to say!

RE: [REQ] MsgPlus show "last conversation" feature by VuDu on 07-28-2005 at 09:59 PM

easy, disable the option!

or simply hope for it to have an option to show the last lines only if it passed more then X minutes since the last time message typed/received.