Shoutbox

Need Help Finding Drivers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Need Help Finding Drivers (/showthread.php?tid=47560)

Need Help Finding Drivers by evm on 07-14-2005 at 01:18 AM

Can u please help find a driver for SiS 7012 for Longhorn? Thanx u for helping

RE: Need Help Finding Drivers by *Saint* on 07-14-2005 at 01:19 AM

i dont think people here help find things that are for illegal programs that is if you are using it illegaly

RE: RE: Need Help Finding Drivers by evm on 07-14-2005 at 01:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
i dont think people here help find things that are for illegal programs that is if you are using it illegaly

i got my copy of longhorn from a friend who is a offical windows longhorn tester
RE: Need Help Finding Drivers by dylan! on 07-14-2005 at 01:25 AM

if you are not a legal beta tester yourself that means he leaked it to you and he could be kicked off the team because nobody but testers should have it or else its illegal

RE: Need Help Finding Drivers by EvilSeph on 07-14-2005 at 01:28 AM

As Longhorn is still in it's alpha stage, well pre-beta and the build you possess is considered private property, you are breaking the law. Not only do we not support that on here, we also don't provide support for alpha/pre-beta operating systems incase we tell you something that screws up your system instead of helping it (not hard to do with a development version of an operating system).

If you are legally testing the build, which I highly doubt, you shouldn't be asking such questions on a public forum as that would be breaking your NDA. You should be asking for help on the private newsgroups.

There's a reason Longhorn is still in pre-beta stage. It's not ready for consumer usage or usage as a main OS. No suprise you're having difficulty finding drivers.

RE: RE: Need Help Finding Drivers by evm on 07-14-2005 at 01:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
As Longhorn is still in it's alpha stage, well pre-beta and the build you possess is considered private property, you are breaking the law. Not only do we not support that on here, we also don't provide support for alpha/pre-beta operating systems incase we tell you something that screws up your system instead of helping it (not hard to do with a development version of an operating system).

If you are legally testing the build, which I highly doubt, you shouldn't be asking such questions on a public forum as that would be breaking your NDA. You should be asking for help on the private newsgroups.

There's a reason Longhorn is still in pre-beta stage. It's not ready for consumer usage or usage as a main OS. No suprise you're having difficulty finding drivers.

it's only one driver i'm looking for "SiS 7012"
RE: Need Help Finding Drivers by dylan! on 07-14-2005 at 01:32 AM

its still illegal and we dont supprt helping with illegal things sorry

RE: Need Help Finding Drivers by matty on 07-14-2005 at 01:52 AM

http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=d...&qm0=sis+7012&sm=s

Username: drivers
password: all

Force the install of the XP drivers. If you need help dont ask here.

RE: RE: Need Help Finding Drivers by evm on 07-14-2005 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=d...&qm0=sis+7012&sm=s

Username: drivers
password: all

Force the install of the XP drivers. If you need help dont ask here.

thanx u, it worked