Shoutbox

Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected (/showthread.php?tid=47565)

Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by Dane on 07-14-2005 at 03:11 AM

Tonight the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in Minnesota, USA was closed due to the terror alert level being raised to red.  They raised the alert level after two different bomb sniffing dogs detected possible explosives in two seperate vending machines in two seperate parts of the Hubert H. Humphry terminal.

As of 10:00PM CST, the terror alert level has been downgraded from red to yellow and 1 vending machine was removed.  Pretty scary thing that happened though.

Sources: KSTP-TV, KARE-11

RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by dylan! on 07-14-2005 at 03:36 AM

:| whats wrong wiht the world...everybody is crazy!!!

RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by L. Coyote on 07-14-2005 at 03:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S9302.html?cat=1
"This could be something as simple as somebody lighting off fireworks during the Fourth of July, and then having residue on them and touching a machine," he said.

Now this starts all over again. For a while it'll be like this.
RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by linx05 on 07-14-2005 at 11:09 AM

You Americans worry too much.

RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by John Anderton on 07-14-2005 at 12:02 PM

* John Anderton hates such things
Why ... why :-/

RE: RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detect by guanako on 07-14-2005 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05

what? yuo think this could never happend to Australia?:S
i live like 30 min away from there, and the biggest mall of the USA is close to that airport too, look it up mall of america
good nathing bad happend just people delayed their flyghts, it was Bank ATM machinne and a food vending machinne
RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by user27089 on 07-14-2005 at 04:32 PM

This is terrible, I can't believe stuff like this even happens :rolleyes:.

RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by absorbation on 07-14-2005 at 04:34 PM

dam i found out a lot about terror and the london bombs before you people as the police seem to give a bit more infomation to the familes :P

some odd twiests have happened i cant belive the bust bomer is 18 with 2 children and a teacher :S

RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by wj on 07-14-2005 at 04:35 PM

The bomb dogs just wanted a snickers bar.

RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by SikStyles on 07-14-2005 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj

my idea! altho i was going to say the dog just wanted a drink or something...

RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by Sunshine on 07-14-2005 at 10:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
:rofl: a snickers bar as possible explosive..nah...chewinggum however (ever wondered why you can't buy chewinggum at airports?) :mipdodgy:

Anyways to those who are scared for terrorist attacks etc, think about this: If one wants to be truly safe, where to go? Lock yourself up in a cellar and never come out? There's dodgy things happening all over the world (yes, overhere too..The Netherlands is on the hitlist aswell), and as ppl emigrate to where ever so do their habits/doings (including the extremist habits/doings) so i guess we'll have to live with the fact of possible suicide bombers now. Just continue doing whatever you normally do (and report suspicious things you see), don't let it withold you from doing anything! They want to create fear, don't give in!
RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by Dane on 07-15-2005 at 01:11 AM

Heh, its been confirmed as a false alarm due to Fireworks Residue, btw.

RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by dylan! on 07-15-2005 at 01:16 AM

i want some snickers now:P but the store is 2 blocks away andits really expensive:(

RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by L. Coyote on 07-15-2005 at 01:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Heh, its been confirmed as a false alarm due to Fireworks Residue, btw.
You see? And they did say it could be that. Yet everyone likes to think the worse.

I know about the bombs, but they never make these attacks in a row.
RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by SikStyles on 07-15-2005 at 01:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
(ever wondered why you can't buy chewinggum at airports?

possibly because ppl tend to stick em everywhere like on the plane and such
RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by Pr0xY on 07-15-2005 at 02:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
:lol: No shit, thats the first thing I thought of when I read they were sniffing the vending machines. 

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Yeah well its good to atleast worry/care.  Alot of my family, and friends live within a 60 mile radious of the Misseapolic Airport.  It is less then 20 miles away from Mall of America, which is at this point the larges mall in the United States (And can you believe their actually adding on to it, to make is almost twice as big) .

The whole Minnesota/Wisconsin/Michigan area would be the first place I'd strike if I were a terrorist.  The biggest fresh water lakes in the world are in that area.

-Pr0xY

RE: Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Closed; Explosives Possibly Detected by guanako on 07-15-2005 at 06:20 AM

quote:
possibly because ppl tend to stick em everywhere like on the plane and such
thats so F** funny its like all over on the wings, the pilot seats, bathroms LOL:D