Shoutbox

Boss Mode Bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Boss Mode Bug (/showthread.php?tid=47581)

Boss Mode Bug by TazDevil on 07-14-2005 at 03:54 PM

Regarding Boss Mode can someone confirm that :

When initially NOT signed in when you press the hotkey combination for boss protection, the contact list just minimizes ??? to the taskbar and is not removed from the taskbar...

while, when you are signed in it hides the window to the tray ???
and later if you sign out it also hides to the tray...

I think this is a Plus! bug, sooo....
Please try and tell me

(This is because i cannot get a notificatrion message when mesenger is not connected initially, once i connect once to msn and then disconnect i get the message correctly)

Thank you
ps. this happens with/without plugins installed

[procedure]

0. start MSN messenger without Automatically sign in Enabled (so msn starts sign out)
1. open contact list window
2. perform boss protection
RESULT: -> contact list minimises to taskbar (button still visible in taskbar) and no boss mode notification is sent to plugins

3. exit boss protection
4. sign in
5. perform boss protection
RESULT -> contact list hides to tray (button from taskbar hides) notification is sent

6. exit boss protection
7. sign out
8. perform boss protection
RESULT -> contact list hides to tray (button from taskbar hides) notification is sent

The result from step 2 is wrong ....

RE: Boss Mode Bug by matty on 07-14-2005 at 04:36 PM

Didn't happen to me.

PM Me if you know of a household item that can get paint off of my handa... its really bad

RE: Boss Mode Bug by TazDevil on 07-14-2005 at 04:46 PM

what kind of paint... try nail polish remover...

anyway check the post again i have set up a procedure to test...

RE: Boss Mode Bug by matty on 07-14-2005 at 06:53 PM

Confirmed

I will try the nail polish remover after i have another shower (just got my hair cut)

RE: Boss Mode Bug by Patchou on 07-14-2005 at 07:41 PM

This has always been a limitation... for the boss protect and the messenger lock features to work properly, you need to have signed-in at least once (the technical reason being that Messenger Plus! is waiting to receive a notification from the system about the systray icon change).

Before, pressing the key in that condition simply did nothing. In recent versions, this was improved by minimising all the windows: it's better than nothing :).

RE: Boss Mode Bug by RaceProUK on 07-14-2005 at 08:06 PM

Is it possible to catch the creation of a systray icon?

RE: Boss Mode Bug by TazDevil on 07-14-2005 at 10:35 PM

@ raceprouk
i think if ...
you hook the windows API Shell_NotifyIcon() and check if the first param of the function is NIM_ADD which adds and icon to the system tray

@ Patchou
why not post the message for the boss protection so that plugins can use it even though msn has not been signed in yet ?

ps. i dont understand why you need to wait for a change in the tray area.
If it is in order to get the icon id and staff you can doit else how...  you can find it from reading the taskbvar toolbar :)
Also the icon id is always 40046 for MSN Messenger 7 at least...