Shoutbox

Breakthrough Drug Blocks HIV - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Breakthrough Drug Blocks HIV (/showthread.php?tid=47588)

Breakthrough Drug Blocks HIV by Purity on 07-14-2005 at 07:18 PM

quote:
Breakthrough Drug Blocks HIV
Researchers at Japan's Kumamoto University have created a new drug that directly prevents the HIV virus from entering human cells with almost no side effects. The drug AK602 was unveiled at the International Congress on Aids in Asia and the Pacific.   

AK602 effectively stops the AIDS virus at the point it tries to infect the human cell by blocking the HIV virus. Other medicines often loose their effectiveness after a few days as AIDS adapts, but AK602 affects the cells instead of the virus.   

In clinical tests on 40 AIDS patients in the US, the number of HIV viruses dropped to an average of 1 percent. This offers new hope to those who are currently battling the crippling disease.

I was just wondering if people are gonna get anywhere? and what you guys think of this.
RE: Breakthrough Drug Blocks HIV by Shezi on 07-14-2005 at 07:28 PM

seems to be helpfull and it will bring the new light of the new sun for those who are counting their last breaths because of this dreadfull disease HIV

RE: Breakthrough Drug Blocks HIV by SikStyles on 07-14-2005 at 10:03 PM

i think its a great idea..it'll help a lot of people..finally something against HIV/AIDS has come out and i think this medicine will improve and get better

good work Kumamoto University! (Y)

RE: Breakthrough Drug Blocks HIV by linx05 on 07-15-2005 at 09:25 AM

Let's hope this is the one!

RE: Breakthrough Drug Blocks HIV by freitag on 07-15-2005 at 12:02 PM

it will be helpful for people in the western world who can afford it.

RE: Breakthrough Drug Blocks HIV by YottabyteWizard on 07-15-2005 at 03:01 PM

Finally, some protection for already infected people:) I hope it's intended more for heathcare than money-making....