Shoutbox

Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem (/showthread.php?tid=47595)

Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by Phyxius149 on 07-14-2005 at 08:59 PM

Today, after downloading and installing Messenger Plus 3.5, I noticed that, in Netscape, my Tab Bar had disappeared and I could not get it back, When you go to the View menu and Show/Hide, the option for Tab Bar is greyed out. I don't know if this is from Messenger Plus or something else, but I would like some help.

RE: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by ShawnZ on 07-14-2005 at 09:08 PM

[img]http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:81u7EO-UdSQJ:onlyhuman.s21.xrea.com/img/portfolio/firefox.jpg[/img][Image: images%3Fq%3Dget%2Bfirefox%26svnum%3D10%...D%26sa%3DN][Image: redecouvre6.png][img]http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:oCuFXJI_N7MJ:tkey.net/blog/images/fox3.jpg[/img][Image: ffnov9.png][Image: 41effacd992a1f92731d5b068c8217a0-12550.png][Image: c6ce5561.jpg][Image: images%3Fq%3D%2522spread%2Bfirefox%2522%...D%26sa%3DN]

RE: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by Phyxius149 on 07-14-2005 at 09:11 PM

Yeah, that helps a lot...

If you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm.

This isn't my computer, so I can't update or download new browsers or anything...

On my computer, I do have Firefox, so bite me.

RE: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by segosa on 07-14-2005 at 09:13 PM

I'd love to know how you think MsgPlus, an add-on for MSN Messenger, would cause Netscape's Tab Bar to become disabled.

"I bought your microwave, but I'm returning it because it's causing all the food on my gas cooker to overcook"

RE: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by ShawnZ on 07-14-2005 at 09:13 PM

Did you install any netscape skins? Did you try uninstalling, deleting the user folders and reinstalling?

[C:\Documents and Settings\Usernamegoeshere\Application Data\Netscape]

RE: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by Phyxius149 on 07-14-2005 at 09:16 PM

The only reason I have for thinking this might have happened is that

a) My main browser is Netscape (not my fault)
b) I can't recall anything else I have installed after the last time the Tab Bar worked.

And no, I have not installed any Netscape skins and I haven't deleted/uninstall-reinstalled because I really don't feel like screwing this system up. 3 other people have to use it too.

RE: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by ShawnZ on 07-14-2005 at 09:18 PM

1. why are you forced to, do you like not have your own user on the computer?

2. uninstalling it wont fuck it up, wtf?

3. see number 1.

RE: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by Phyxius149 on 07-14-2005 at 09:24 PM

See, my father, who owns this computer, hates when I do anything at all to his computer that he doesn't know about it, even when it's beneficial. And personally, without Firefox on this, I think I'd rather use Netscape 7.0 than IE 6.0.

Yes, I know that he should update.  My father goes by the rules of "If it ain't broken, don't fix it.", so we're still running really old programs on this because it meets his ends. I can't explain it better without taking about 30 minutes to describe it.

Personally, I'm a "Fix the roof while the sun is shining" kind of person, so I'd rather update. but it's the only computer in this house that has an internet connection and I'd rather not piss him off.

I don't even know if it's Messenger Plus that doing it. I'm just trying to fix it.

RE: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by Tochjo on 07-15-2005 at 05:07 AM

Have you checked to see if for some reason you have enabled the option to hide the tab bar when one tab is active? I know Firefox has such an option, so I'll assume Netscape has too. It should be in the options somewhere :)

RE: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by rav0 on 07-15-2005 at 06:43 AM

Have you tried uninstalling Messenger Plus! to see if the problem is still there?

RE: Netscape 7.0 Tab Bar problem by RaceProUK on 07-15-2005 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Have you tried uninstalling Messenger Plus! to see if the problem is still there?
It's not a Messenger Plus! issue at all.
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Have you checked to see if for some reason you have enabled the option to hide the tab bar when one tab is active? I know Firefox has such an option, so I'll assume Netscape has too. It should be in the options somewhere :)
This is the only advice so far that makes any sense.

So really this thread should be in Tech Talk, GCC, or T&T.