Shoutbox

Connect to msn from your site - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Connect to msn from your site (/showthread.php?tid=47620)

Connect to msn from your site by etiennea on 07-15-2005 at 12:56 PM

After having set up my own messenger client http://www.mmclient.com I realised many people wanted to have this too on there own website

I am prepared to host a version of my client entirelly personalised to your site. ( You must send me the graphics ). This can increase traffic to your site considerably. I will then give you a login form leading to a unique url for your site's msn client. This can be done either for free, all add revenue is then for me and there is a small add for mmclient.com. Or for a small fee all add revenue can be yours and there will be no meantion of mmclient, you can then ofcourse choose to remouve the ads completelly.

What can be customized? The emoticons, the online , offline blocked buddies the background colors/graphics. I can put a header logo or footer logo. The bottom frame on both windows can be customised totally to contain links etc.

The fee will depend on your requirment. All money will go towards the project ( new features, better servers etc )

thanks
Yours truly
ETN

RE: Connect to msn from your site by M73A on 07-15-2005 at 01:00 PM

hmm, nice idea! the more people that take you up on this the more schools will have some form of msn :D:D:D:D:D

RE: Connect to msn from your site by Yousef on 07-15-2005 at 01:11 PM

I might contact you for a customized version on the next version of my site http://www.msgweb.nl (Y)

RE: Connect to msn from your site by Dempsey on 07-15-2005 at 03:00 PM

t'is a cool idea and will help spread the word about mmclient.  Will be really cool once the Plus! colour and formatting support is added, I better get on and finish coding it :P

RE: Connect to msn from your site by Eljay on 07-15-2005 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
t'is a cool idea and will help spread the word about mmclient.  Will be really cool once the Plus! colour and formatting support is added, I better get on and finish coding it :P

im willing to help code if you want (i usually help with anything php where youre concerned lol :P), i need a good project to work on

P.S: get ur ass on msn i want to discuss something :P
RE: Connect to msn from your site by Dempsey on 07-15-2005 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

P.S: get ur ass on msn i want to discuss something :P
im at work at the moment then im going out later so i wont be online till tomorrow now prob

RE: Connect to msn from your site by absorbation on 07-15-2005 at 03:55 PM

i will take this up http://www.msgstuff.com i already have it's own skin why not web messenger theme :) add me to msn at absorbation@hotmail.co.uk and we will talk ;)

dempsey use a web messenger to talk to lj the thread is about one :lol:

RE: RE: Connect to msn from your site by Dempsey on 07-15-2005 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
dempsey use a web messenger to talk to lj the thread is about one :lol:

i can't, im using Safari on a mac and none of the web - messengers work proerally, maybe mmclient can be the first :p
RE: Connect to msn from your site by etiennea on 07-15-2005 at 09:29 PM

i would love to make it work on safari but i dont have a mac so how can i test it? Sunday I am leaving for russia for a week so if you want me to implement plus! tags support it has to be tommorrow or in 10 days

RE: Connect to msn from your site by RaceProUK on 07-15-2005 at 09:57 PM

Isn't Safari based on the same stuff as Mozilla (i.e. Gecko and all that jazz)? If so, then it shouldn't be too difficult to get mmclient to work on Safari.

RE: Connect to msn from your site by absorbation on 07-15-2005 at 10:33 PM

i just got mine up, here is a test i made the page in a minute i'll skin it tomoow this guy is really nice :)

http://www.msgstuff.com/web.php

RE: Connect to msn from your site by Zephyr on 07-15-2005 at 11:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
i just got mine up, here is a test i made the page in a minute i'll skin it tomoow this guy is really nice :)

http://www.msgstuff.com/web.php

That looks really nice Absorbation! etiennea really has made a great webmessenger.
RE: Connect to msn from your site by YottabyteWizard on 07-15-2005 at 11:20 PM

I was testing it in your site Absorbation, but it gets stuck when I'm log in, appears my nick, but no contact list :(

RE: Connect to msn from your site by Zephyr on 07-15-2005 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
I was testing it in your site Absorbation, but it gets stuck when I'm log in, appears my nick, but no contact list :(

Well, it works fine and fast for me.

Try logging on in the actual site.

http://www.mmclient.com/

Also try clearing cookies. Don't know if that could affect this, but it's worth a try.

One problem i've found with the client is that if you sign in, then close the window without signing out, you still appear online to people, but if they try to talk to you, you aren't notified as you have closed the window.

Maybe if there was something that when the window is closed, it automatically breaks the connection....
RE: Connect to msn from your site by Sasuke on 07-16-2005 at 02:01 AM

no offence but mmclient sucks id stick to the old webmessenger and a proxy plug in for ie so i can use or search anything at school

RE: Connect to msn from your site by mwe99 on 07-16-2005 at 04:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sasuke
no offence but mmclient sucks id stick to the old webmessenger and a proxy plug in for ie so i can use or search anything at school

Yes, but most decent schools block webmessenger.

Im sure etiennea would be happy to hear your suggestions on how mmclient could improve their service.
RE: Connect to msn from your site by absorbation on 07-16-2005 at 09:45 AM

yeh, it's a simple web messenger but it's my own shape and design now :) plus schools have not blocked it yet :D

plus if your worried about it going down all the time when the host goes down (weirdfish) it links to another server becuase the weirdfish one does not support it or something :P

RE: RE: Connect to msn from your site by etiennea on 07-16-2005 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
One problem i've found with the client is that if you sign in, then close the window without signing out, you still appear online to people, but if they try to talk to you, you aren't notified as you have closed the window.

I will put a 2 minutes timeout or something like that

also i have foound a problem your contact list does not show up when nobody is online, im trying to fix this but as soon as 1 person on your list comes online the whole list will apear

its a simple webmessenger cos its in development it will have more and more features gradually
RE: Connect to msn from your site by Dempsey on 07-16-2005 at 11:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Isn't Safari based on the same stuff as Mozilla (i.e. Gecko and all that jazz)? If so, then it shouldn't be too difficult to get mmclient to work on Safari.
AFAIK Safari is based on KHTML which is used by Konquerer on Linux
RE: Connect to msn from your site by Sasuke on 07-16-2005 at 11:35 AM

mwe99 ever heard of proxy, like i mentioned? if proxy ist your thing then use the IP Address instead of the actualy website by using command prompt in windows xp (ie: Ping www.google.com etc..) or if the computer doesnt let you, just use remote desktop and connect through your computer through the schools computer. besides, how do we know the passwords and user name we input in his little website is secure? theres no evidance of that in his script.

RE: Connect to msn from your site by mwe99 on 07-16-2005 at 11:55 AM

Yes lots of schools have open remote desktops now dont they. If you'd have been a member longer you would see that security has been discuessed.

RE: Connect to msn from your site by Dempsey on 07-16-2005 at 12:00 PM

how do you know that sites like e-messenger and piglet im dont steal your passwords?  you just have to trust them, exactly the same as you do with mmclient.

RE: Connect to msn from your site by RaceProUK on 07-16-2005 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
AFAIK Safari is based on KHTML which is used by Konquerer on Linux
And I think Konqueror is based on Gecko, but I may be wrong about that.
RE: Connect to msn from your site by Dempsey on 07-16-2005 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
Safari uses Apple's WebKit for rendering web pages and running JavaScript. WebKit consists of WebCore (based on Konqueror's KHTML engine)
Source: Wikipedia - Safari
quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
KHTML is fast, but currently less error tolerant than the Gecko layout engine, its main open source rival and core of the Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox browsers, among others.
Source: Wikipedia - KHTML

I wasn't 100% sure so I looked it up and KHTML is a seperate engine to Gecko
RE: Connect to msn from your site by RaceProUK on 07-17-2005 at 11:48 AM

So now we know - base browsers on Gecko, not KHTML :D

RE: Connect to msn from your site by etiennea on 07-28-2005 at 05:35 PM

i am back from holiday and accepting aplications for msn on our site
expect lots of changes to the client in the next few days