Shoutbox

MSGPlus! just for me - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSGPlus! just for me (/showthread.php?tid=47621)

MSGPlus! just for me by tails__230 on 07-15-2005 at 02:21 PM

My computer is a shared computer. Is there a way for me to use msgplus, just me and no one else? My other users don't like msgplus. So is there a way that I can use i and the others don't?

Some of my friends/family uses my acount, but they have there own MSN acounts, is there a way for just my MSN acount to just have MSG Plus!?:^)

RE: MSGPlus! just for me by King For A Day on 07-15-2005 at 02:50 PM

i dont think tye have to use it just cause it s there, as long as they turn all options off the only clue to it being there is that it will say plus on the bar

RE: MSGPlus! just for me by Tochjo on 07-15-2005 at 04:50 PM

You can run the setup program with the parameter /NoAdmin to install it just for your user account :)

RE: MSGPlus! just for me by RaceProUK on 07-15-2005 at 08:19 PM

To do so, run it from the command line:
1. Start > Run...
2. Type 'cmd' then Enter
3. Use cd to change to the folder containing the installer
4. Type the installer filename, then a space, then '/NoAdmin', then Enter
5. Voila!

RE: MSGPlus! just for me by CookieRevised on 07-15-2005 at 11:49 PM

tails__230, if multiple people use the same Windows account (like I think you say it is), then no...

You should at least create several Windows accounts to seperate stuff on the computer. In this way you can install whatever you want without messing up the Windows accounts from other people.

If you do have multiple Windows accounts then follow Tochjo's advise:

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
You can run the setup program with the parameter /NoAdmin to install it just for your user account :)
(thus note: user account in Tochjo's post refers to the Windows account, NOT to the msn messenger email you use to chat.)

-----

Other than that, there is still a way, but it will involve manual setting up Messenger Plus! (removing everything from the registry regarding startup items) and starting Messenger Plus! manually each time before you run msn messenger (this requires some computer knowledge).