Shoutbox

change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) (/showthread.php?tid=47631)

change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by Jesus on 07-15-2005 at 05:18 PM

I was wondering if there is a plugin that can automatically change your messenger status whenever you lock(WindowsKey + L) or unlock your pc.

I searched for it both in the plus! plugins page and in this forum but found nothing yet.

RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by huwnet on 07-15-2005 at 05:32 PM

Maybe creating a custom status that was activated with Windows + L.

I dont know if you can use the windows key with plus statuses

RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by Joe on 07-15-2005 at 06:15 PM

You can set messenger to a certain status, lock messenger, and then lock windows.

RE: RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by Jesus on 07-16-2005 at 12:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe
You can set messenger to a certain status, lock messenger, and then lock windows.

I could, I even am already doing that without locking messenger, but I am still looking for a way to just lock windows and automatically pausing WinAmp (already DL'ded a plugin) and changing Messenger Status to away.

quote:
Originally posted by huwnet
Maybe creating a custom status that was activated with Windows + L.

You can't use this combination to set a personalised status because when you try to configure it like that, you just lock your system without plus! getting the key combo.
RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by RaceProUK on 07-16-2005 at 12:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by huwnet
The Windows key is unlike Ctrl, Alt and Shift, in that it has a specific role to play in Windows (hence the name). This means that any keyboard shortcut that uses the Windows key is not passed along the hook chain or to any applications, meaning applications never know it's pressed.
What you'll need is a plugin much like the one you already have for WinAmp, which detects when you lock the PC, and changes MSN status accordingly.
RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by Jesus on 07-16-2005 at 04:01 PM

exactly!
but unfortunately I haven't found one yet...

RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by RaceProUK on 07-16-2005 at 08:08 PM

* RaceProUK may decide to make one sometime soon
But first I'll get Phoenix 2.0 released.

RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by GroteSmurf on 07-17-2005 at 08:25 AM

In Windows XP MSN Messenger changes automatically my status to "Idle" when I lock my pc. Probably this is not exactly what you want. It would indeed be nice if one could set a personalized status automatically :-).

RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by segosa on 07-17-2005 at 08:38 AM

Odd, my MSN Messenger status is automatically changed to away when I lock Windows...

RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by GroteSmurf on 07-17-2005 at 09:08 AM

that's what I meant: the Event Log says "you have been flagged as idle", but your status says actually "away". Sorry for the confusion ;-)

RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by RaceProUK on 07-17-2005 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
Odd, my MSN Messenger status is automatically changed to away when I lock Windows...
ResHacked Messengers say 'Idle', which is a separate status to Away.
RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by Jesus on 07-19-2005 at 05:05 PM

I just found out that it's Messenger's "set my status to idle when I'm inactive for x minutes" (my MSN is dutch so it could be a little different) setting which makes the difference between changing the status or not when you lock your OS. I always disable it... and it doesn't let me choose which status it is set to...

RE: change status on workstation lock (NT/2000/XP) by pom69 on 09-21-2005 at 04:09 PM

OK, here's a question then... is there some way to disable the "away" status message whenever you lock your workstation?