Shoutbox

9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. (/showthread.php?tid=47640)

9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by sn1p3r on 07-15-2005 at 08:46 PM

quote:
originally by Seattle post-intelligencer.
Arfa, a promising software programmer from Faisalabad, Pakistan, is believed to be the youngest Microsoft Certified Professional in the world. The designation, given to outside experts who prove their ability to work with Microsoft technologies, has also been achieved by some teenagers. But it's far more common among adults seeking to advance their computer careers.

View the full article here.

I really am amazed by this, she's so young :o

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by Shezi on 07-15-2005 at 08:57 PM

yay.. a girl from my homeland.. Pakistan.. ;)

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by dylan! on 07-15-2005 at 08:58 PM

thats amazing...i wanna try and find some of her proggrams:P and see how they are;)

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by zach on 07-16-2005 at 05:18 AM

Wow o_0
How is that possible?! She doesn't look like someone who would be working for microsoft :P And being a girl is unusual. (75% men working at microsoft)

quote:
Arfa Karim Randhawa asked the Microsoft founder why the company doesn't hire people her age.
Because people that age don't have enough knowledge :\

I want to see her programs too.
RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by Hank on 07-16-2005 at 05:24 AM

isnt it cheaper to hire people from pakistan than ur own country  ? , i know Telstra does it ( Australia's Biggest telecomunixcations)

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by ~INVASION~ on 07-16-2005 at 03:33 PM

wow that is truly amasing :|

lets just hope she doesnt create a super virus to kill all computers :S

:P

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by MC Inferno on 07-16-2005 at 03:48 PM

shes gonna get the piss ripped out of her in school

very clever though

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by Stigmata on 07-16-2005 at 03:54 PM

shes 10 :)

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by surfichris on 07-16-2005 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
shes 10 :)
However she was certified at the age of 9.
RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by SikStyles on 07-16-2005 at 04:50 PM

hot damn!
i bet she is gonna be something in the future like someone big and we are gonna see her on tv :P

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by shine on 07-17-2005 at 01:13 AM

Cool...Hope she gets adequate exposure...Get back to her basic education...and be on right track (y)

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by Pipish on 07-17-2005 at 05:07 AM

wow i wish i could be certified by microsoft :P

that would be cool getting to talk to bill and all

good on her

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by Schockwave on 07-17-2005 at 03:49 PM

Well, what a very clever young girl she is, and I am sure she will go a long way if she carries on this way. This is amazing at such a young age. Hope that in the future she manages to achieve whatever she sets out to do, whatever her goals may be. :P :) ;)

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by brian on 07-17-2005 at 05:36 PM

What sucks is, I was able to do such things at the age of 10 too, with Visual Basic, and me, 13 years old, I can code PHP, Perl, VB.NET, C#.NET, HTML, CSS, and I am learning C++ now.

RE: RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by Schockwave on 07-17-2005 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Brian
What sucks is, I was able to do such things at the age of 10 too, with Visual Basic, and me, 13 years old, I can code PHP, Perl, VB.NET, C#.NET, HTML, CSS, and I am learning C++ now.

Have you tried contacting Microsoft, especially if you have something new and something they might be interested in? You never know your luck, you might have the same success!;)
RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by brian on 07-17-2005 at 10:50 PM

I mean, I would contact them, but hrm, what can I show them? If she did a calculator and got that? Wow, I am ready. :p

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by Jhrono on 07-17-2005 at 11:24 PM

just do an email, saying you'd be glad if they could offer you something to do, cause after your job in Linspire, where you got fired for extra inteligence, you havent got a decent paid one....

Oh well :lol: ahahah :grin:

RE: 9 year old girl gets certified by Microsoft. by Sunshine on 07-18-2005 at 10:15 PM

quote:
But she also questioned him about what she perceived to be the relatively small proportion of women on the campus.

"It should be balanced -- an equal amount of men and an equal amount of women," she explained afterward.

About 75 percent of Microsoft employees are men, according to company data. Recounting their conversation, Arfa said Gates acknowledged her concerns and talked about the broader industry's struggles to increase the proportion of women in technology-related fields.
Yay, she will be one who will fight for more women in (computer)technology.

:banana: :banana: :banana: