Shoutbox

Window Skins and Customizing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Window Skins and Customizing (/showthread.php?tid=47652)

Window Skins and Customizing by zach on 07-16-2005 at 05:08 AM

Is there any other good program for skinning windows other than Window Blinds? If there isn't, how do I stop that pop-up when logging in?

RE: Window Skins by Eljay on 07-16-2005 at 06:55 AM

StyleXP

RE: Window Skins by :No-Frost: on 07-16-2005 at 07:12 AM

http://osx.portraitofakite.com/

Just use this... For more skin's you can look at www.neowin.net in the forum...

In the section "customizing windows"... It's pretty easy to use and look's great ^^...

RE: Window Skins by zach on 07-16-2005 at 07:37 AM

Okay I'll have a look at them. Any ideas on how to stop the annoying pop-up when I login? I will never buy Window Blinds...

RE: Window Skins by Eljay on 07-16-2005 at 07:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
Okay I'll have a look at them. Any ideas on how to stop the annoying pop-up when I login? I will never buy Window Blinds...

buying is the only way
RE: Window Skins by zach on 07-16-2005 at 12:38 PM

quote:
buying is the only way
There must be a way to get the full version free.

quote:
Find someone with the full version installer.
Can you pm me if you have the full installer for ObjcetDock or WindowBlinds. Thanks. Don't worry. I don't need them anymore :D ;)

RE: Window Skins by Pr0xY on 07-17-2005 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Find someone with the full version installer. 

RE: Window Skins and Customizing by zach on 07-19-2005 at 10:35 AM

In ObjectDock, I want to use 'SysStats 2.5.6' to view CPU Usage %, Ram Used % etc. I got it working once, but can't get it working anymore.
If someone can post how to get it working, could you please tell me.

Edit: :@AAARRRRRGGGGGGGGG!:@ I just uninstalled ObjectDock and lost my saved theme. YES! I got it back :D :p

RE: Window Skins and Customizing by King For A Day on 07-19-2005 at 10:51 AM

neowin.net has the patch that you just run and it lets you use .mssstyle and all the other themere files, no prgram no ads no paying
get it here http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=308905

RE: Window Skins and Customizing by zach on 07-19-2005 at 11:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
neowin.net has the patch that you just run and it lets you use .mssstyle and all the other themere files, no prgram no ads no paying
get it here http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=308905
I've heard about that. So could I just download any theme like 'Encoded' off Wincustomize.com and use it? Sounds good. I probably won't use it though because I have got the full version of WindowBlinds already. Thanks anyway.
RE: Window Skins and Customizing by EvilSeph on 07-19-2005 at 12:21 PM

quote:

We don't assist with that here. You with a post-count of 100+ should know that already. I suggest you go through the rules again before you find yourself banned.

I'm curious how you got the full version of WindowsBlinds, when you clearly said you won't pay for it.

Stop discussing warez, you people don't seem to get it. All I've seen these past few days+ is people ignoring the rules. It pisses me off.
RE: Window Skins and Customizing by user27089 on 07-19-2005 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Stop discussing warez

The discussion of warez is not against the rules on the forum, direct information about them, links or websites related to warez are not allowed on this forum...

quote:
All I've seen these past few days+ is people ignoring the rules

That's a common factor on every forum, there are some people who don't seem to abide by the rules, but to be honest, that's only the minority, it's not that much of a problem on this forum luckily :).

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
get it here Patch

Does this really work, I don't like having stylexp and this would be really useful for me, I'm hesitant on trying it out, as it would, of course, require uninstalling StyleXP, and I don't want to have to go through everything I usually have to do when I download stylexp :rolleyes:.
RE: Window Skins and Customizing by EvilSeph on 07-19-2005 at 01:19 PM

It does work..

That's exactly what StyleXP does when it installs, it places their modified version of a .dll in place of the one on your system then puts it back when you uninstall.

RE: Window Skins and Customizing by user27089 on 07-19-2005 at 01:24 PM

The major problem is though, that the only files I have are Windows Visual Styles, for them to run in the display options and be selectable, I need to be able to create Windows Theme files out of these, do you know how I can do this?

RE: Window Skins and Customizing by Jhrono on 07-19-2005 at 01:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

The major problem is though, that the only files I have are Windows Visual Styles, for them to run in the display options and be selectable, I need to be able to create Windows Theme files out of these, do you know how I can do this?
Do it like this, download the Neowin Patch, install it, and then download any Visual Styles.After that, place them in X:/Windows/System32/Resources/Themes/ ..
(i guess, i havent installed a theme for quite a while, cause i'm using one Silver and Black for about 4 or 5 months now..)I also use Neowin's patch and it works like a charm :D
RE: Window Skins and Customizing by user27089 on 07-19-2005 at 01:37 PM

I know where to put it any everything, the problem is that the display configuration will only recognise Windows Theme files, not Windows Visual Style files... I need something that will make a visual style save as a theme file, like the "Save as" in the display thing.

RE: Window Skins and Customizing by EvilSeph on 07-19-2005 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

No you don't. They're listed in the display options. Infact, after you extract a visual style, double click on the .msstyle and it'll change the theme of your Windows for you and open up the display options, where you will see it has been added to the list.
RE: RE: Window Skins and Customizing by zach on 07-19-2005 at 09:36 PM

quote:
quote:

We don't assist with that here. You with a post-count of 100+ should know that already. I suggest you go through the rules again before you find yourself banned.

I'm curious how you got the full version of WindowsBlinds, when you clearly said you won't pay for it.

Stop discussing warez, you people don't seem to get it. All I've seen these past few days+ is people ignoring the rules. It pisses me off.

Sorry about that. Traxor has said what I was going to say. I will remove it if you think I should.

So can anyone help me with ObjectDock? I can't get any docklets to work :@ I had Sysstats and Calendar 3.4 working, but they don't anymore. Fixed.

:dodgy: I don't think that the Stardock programs are uninstalling properly because it should solve my problems. Now in WindowBlinds, The start icon and panel don't have a smooth finish. This is getting annoying.

[Image: encoded5bd.png]