Shoutbox

Monitor suddenly turning off and other 64 bit problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Monitor suddenly turning off and other 64 bit problems (/showthread.php?tid=47698)

Monitor suddenly turning off and other 64 bit problems by Pyro on 07-17-2005 at 09:05 AM

i just got a 64 bit computer (which i built myself) its an AMD 3500+ what sorta Ghz is that?

anyway i keep getting the blue screen of death and i think i got rid of that and suddenly my moniter turns off and i have to restart my computer (with the swich on the front panel) AND IT PISSES ME OFF!

ps: i have AMD 3500+, 1024 MBs of ram, Winfast PX660GT video card, XP pro (i dont have the 64 bit edition, is it worth it?)

[OFF TOPIC]

i also got two games with my video card. I installed them and it said "your video video card is not compatable with this game" ROFL

[/OFF TOPIC]

RE: WHY ME??? by ddunk on 07-17-2005 at 09:07 AM

To fully help you, don't just tell us "there's a blue screen of death." Write down what you can and try to get the error message in there.

A shot in the dark because we don't have an error message to go off of: It might be a RAM problem, I had it before. Try taking out one of your RAM sticks and see if the problem occurs, then try the other one and see what happens.

It's also scaring me that you said you built this computer yourself, but don't know what speed your processor is at... :undecided:

RE: WHY ME??? by Pyro on 07-17-2005 at 09:15 AM

ok forget the blue screen of death, why is my moniter turning off?

RE: WHY ME??? by ddunk on 07-17-2005 at 09:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YA_MUM
ok forget the blue screen of death, why is my moniter turning off?

Because it's a normal Windows function to reboot after a BSOD
RE: WHY ME??? by Pyro on 07-17-2005 at 09:20 AM

the blue screen of death stopped ages ago...

im just surfing the net and POOF it goes dead so i have to restart my computer and i loose everything im working on!

RE: WHY ME??? by Anubis on 07-17-2005 at 10:40 AM

I've heard of similar problems before, but that was down to faulty graphics card drivers. Try updating your graphics card drivers.

Also for that matter see if there are any upgrades for your BIOS try and download them from the BIOS manufacturers' website.

quote:
XP pro (i dont have the 64 bit edition, is it worth it?)
I'd say yeah, XP 64bit does totally utilise the power of 64bit calculations. Personally I'd wait until the next version of Windows with its 64bit version, its only going to be around 1-2 years.
RE: WHY ME??? by multimillion2k on 07-17-2005 at 10:47 AM

There could be any number of reasons. If you've only just installed everything on there, you may find it easier to reinstall everything. I know this is the answer that every tech support person gives, but it's worth a shot - you may be fortunate enough to find that your problem has disappeared, and if it still recurrs, you may be more likely to notice where the problem is originating from.
Back me up, someone!

RE: WHY ME??? by Pyro on 06-03-2006 at 08:44 AM

ok. i had forgotton abotu this thread LOL....

i put a spare HD in and did a fresh copy of that with all the latest drivers and it did the moniter turnign off thing when i tried to play max payne 1. but my friend can play it on his 64 mb grafics, 256 mb ram, 1.6 GHz cpu comp. so why is it doing this? is my computer not good enough or is it maybe just not compatable with 64 bit..

RE: WHY ME??? by kao on 06-03-2006 at 09:22 AM

did you fit the cpu fan right? did you fit the gfx card right? it could be anything ;p

RE: Monitor suddenly turning off and other 64 bit problems by Pyro on 06-04-2006 at 07:59 AM

yes and yes. i even have a fan sitting in the case pointing onto the graffics card! (that has really helped alot.. literally) plus 3 case fans always running at full speed. but i do leave the comp on all the time so thats probs why.

RE: Monitor suddenly turning off and other 64 bit problems by kao on 06-04-2006 at 04:42 PM

i leave my comp on 24/7 aswell, and mine doesnt fuck up like that, so no thats not "probs why".

RE: Monitor suddenly turning off and other 64 bit problems by Voldemort on 06-04-2006 at 04:45 PM

I think that if your mobo has integrated video card, you should try that.

RE: Monitor suddenly turning off and other 64 bit problems by Pyro on 06-05-2006 at 08:59 AM

nope.. doesnt have intergrated graffics :( i dno.. oh well =\ (hehe i like that "YOINK")

RE: Monitor suddenly turning off and other 64 bit problems by Voldemort on 06-05-2006 at 08:38 PM

quote:
(hehe i like that "YOINK")

what?
RE: Monitor suddenly turning off and other 64 bit problems by Pyro on 06-06-2006 at 08:28 AM

phillip had this ":\" and i put =\ and said yoink. sound it out; some people say it when they take things. if u still dont get it dont worry lol cus its off topic and im trying to be good :)