Shoutbox

Payment Options - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Payment Options (/showthread.php?tid=47729)

Payment Options by Dane on 07-18-2005 at 02:54 AM

This thread will be removed when enough responses are received.

Hello,

I am currently researching the way people are primarily paying for their online purchases OR how they'd like to ideally pay.  I am currently working on a project for my website that deals with non-virtual items, and it will cost around $4.99 USD for the cheapest product including shipping in the USA.  I simply need to choose a good enough payment system based on your results.

If you have a bit more time, Also please comment on why you chose this method and if you think more of a company that provides a Hard copy of your receipt as opposed to a Virtual Copy.

RE: Payment Options by Jhrono on 07-18-2005 at 03:26 AM

Well in my point of view, do it like this...NO CC# involved unless you know what you are doing, or else you could fuck up 8-) and dont use greenzap...people say it's a complete scam...

So, if you are selling virtual stuff Use :

- Paypal
Paypal cause if, per example, you are selling software, after downloading, people want to download it right away, not wait for a Code to come home by mail and support shipping. Also, virtual stuff shopping is mostly made by experienced users, so they are(most of the times) used to paypal, and handeling with their CC# there, so let them stay.

If you want to sell Physical Stuff :

-Paypal payment and physical delivery
Paypal 'cause people pay right away, and in the next few days they recieve it at home, without having to even touch money, and then they'll think.."OMG internet shopping pwns..And [INSERTSITE] is so efficient."...To get that confidence straight 2 things out :
- You pay the shipping, or maybe they do it, but everything is done through paypal, no physical money involved, so they dont have the notion they just payed something.
- Ship things in a Trustful company (FedEx bla bla bla)..
- Delivery Payment & Delivery
Delivery is just great if it's some kind of Book/software/hardware/OS..That fast heart beat, when the mail man rings, and you go there, and pay..then you rush into your bedroom to open it carefully but with speed :D...Everythings cool, but know let the costumer pay the shipping 'n stuff, you just mail it, and then colect the payment.People will also think it's great, but if the price is low and increases like 20% with shiping, people will get disapointed, so maintain the prices + shipping..

Those are my 2 cents :)

RE: Payment Options by Tochjo on 07-18-2005 at 05:16 AM

Your list is not complete; people from other countries might have different ways of paying. Many Dutch sites co-operate with the Rabobank to let you transfer money from your account to the online shop's account easily, that's the way of payment I always use :)

RE: Payment Options by L. Coyote on 07-18-2005 at 05:20 AM

There is a PayPal-like site for Argentina and Mexico. (Y) I use that one.

But if I had funds in my PayPal account (no-CC, no-bank) I'd use that one.

RE: Payment Options by user27089 on 07-18-2005 at 07:08 AM

I would rather use PayPal than anything else, it's a secure site where the transactions are fast and reliable...

(I sound like a salesman :lol:)

RE: Payment Options by Eljay on 07-18-2005 at 08:31 AM

paypal

RE: Payment Options by Purity on 07-18-2005 at 08:43 AM

Is tehre a good payment method without using credit card?

RE: Payment Options by saralk on 07-18-2005 at 09:02 AM

I usually pay with the most convienient way per purchase for me. So if i have money in my PayPal account i will use that, likewise with nochex. Otherwise i will use my credit card, cash on delivery is quite good, but I would only use it if i had no money in my bank or paypal or nochex because I don't like getting woken up at 7AM to give some money to a stranger.

RE: Payment Options by emit on 07-18-2005 at 10:22 AM

I don't pay for things.

RE: Payment Options by RaceProUK on 07-18-2005 at 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Many Dutch sites co-operate with the Rabobank
And for those that don't use Rabobank, PayPal :P
RE: Payment Options by Sunshine on 07-18-2005 at 11:52 AM

1. Cash on delivery, most don't offer that though.
2. Creditcard (Visa)
3. PayPal

RE: Payment Options by Omar on 07-18-2005 at 07:25 PM

If the site is reputable, I use my Mastercard... if not i wont buy there... :p

RE: Payment Options by Garndell on 07-18-2005 at 07:32 PM

I use PayPal, GreenZap, StormPay & Credit Cards most of the time.  I do use Bank Transfers for bulk orders though, as it works out easier for all involved.

RE: Payment Options by Dane on 07-18-2005 at 09:19 PM

Thank you everyone for your input.  Based on the current results, I will be primarily accepting Paypal for the first months of this projects operation.  However, I will leave this thread up for a bit longer to see if anything else is suggested.

I will inform the community of this projects online availability as soon as its available...perhaps with a special discount.  I daresay though that most of this community wont have use for it :), but who knows :)?

Anyway, Thank you again everyone for your input.

RE: Payment Options by jren207 on 07-19-2005 at 01:14 AM

I'll have talk even though you've made up your mind, good decision :P

I use Paypal like a majority of you. It's good because it's setup to take money out of my bank account so I don't have to use it's details (My account has like a kinda credit card, Visa Electron because i'm not old enough for a proper Visa card :P), but anyway, it fast, secure and easy to use and the verification / reputation means that you can see if someone is reliable or not...

RE: Payment Options by mwe99 on 07-19-2005 at 02:20 AM

Paypal is good, however you have to pay them fees etc. It's not that expensive but bear it in mind if you choose that method.

RE: Payment Options by Dane on 07-19-2005 at 04:16 AM

Indeed.  Based carefully on the price of the product and current offerings, even including applicable fee's, im still predicting 100-200 Pre-Orders, but we shall see :).

At this point in time, i'm finalizing changes to the Paypal account to be used and Organizing the Distribution locations for the U.S., Canada and U.K.  I currently have a Few U.S. Distribution locations, but no Canadian or U.K., so I will be opening up an application shortly for people to apply to distribute the products.

RE: Payment Options by SikStyles on 07-19-2005 at 04:32 AM

dont really use websites to buy things merely because they are too expensive..
and i havent been needing anything from websites also

RE: Payment Options by John Anderton on 07-19-2005 at 08:55 AM

I havent bought anything as of yet but i do plan to (a domain name 8-) hopefully (A)) I voted for the last option but i have heard a bit/learnt a bit about paypal and i was gonna prefer that when i would purchase. I wouldnt know if that company would take paypal but most prolly it does *-) ...... wait it does :D

RE: Payment Options by RaceProUK on 07-19-2005 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
Most, if not all, websites are cheaper than the high street.
RE: Payment Options by Dane on 07-19-2005 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
Most, if not all, websites are cheaper than the high street.
Add to the fact that the service I will be offering is almost (if not) 50% cheaper than the currently available product on the market.