Shoutbox

Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! (/showthread.php?tid=47758)

Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 06:24 PM

Here we can discuss the ending of Harry Potter.

Do not read this thread if you haven't finished it.  Or it will ruin it!

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Stigmata on 07-18-2005 at 06:25 PM

http://www.fazed.org/video/view/?filename=pottercrash.wmv

lol

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 06:26 PM

I think it was a good ending. Very climaxed.
Have to wait ~2yrs for next one, although the ending has been already written.
I think Ginny and Harry should've stayed together.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 06:30 PM

Yeah I wished they would have stayed together two.  It is going to be weird in the next book when they are not going to hogwarts.  When I read that dumbledore died I kept on telling myself snape faked it.  Until I like got to the Burial part, and I still couldn't believe he was dead:P

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 06:35 PM

Lol, i think snape will die in 7. and i think rowling will kill a few more characters.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 06:36 PM

I never liked Snape but I always thought that he was on the Good guys side...Stupid Snape:'(:P

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by paperless on 07-18-2005 at 06:42 PM

I was hoping to see a resume.. :/

I hate reading so could you tell what happens? :P

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 06:43 PM

Yeh you would think that dumbeldores decision was the best. I new harry/dumbledore was going to die when harry and ron were in the Burrow (at xmas) and harry told ron about the "unbreakable vow" and ron told him that you would die if you didnt fulfil it.

I want to read the chapter about Bill and Fleur's wedding, i think that would be funny.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Nathan on 07-18-2005 at 06:47 PM

It's stranger i think j.k rowling like's killing things in her books e.g:
book 1: the one who voldemort was controlling dies,
book 2: The snake dies :(
book 3: can't remember but i no somethin dies :)
book 4: cedric dies
book 5: siruis
book 6: dumbledore

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 06:55 PM

book 1: quirell
book 3: crouch (one in azkaban)
book 5: siruis + garden keeper in riddle house
book 6: dumbledore + death eater

Yeh and the reason for killing people close to Harry Rowling said:
"It is more satisfying I think for the reader if the hero has to go on alone and to give him too much support makes his job too easy, sorry."

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 06:56 PM

Well if no one died then Voldermorte woulnd't be a very thrilling badguy would he:P

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 07:15 PM

true. i guess most of book 7 will be about him finding the rest of teh Horcuxes, probably assuming that he doesnt go back to Hogwarts.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Tasha on 07-18-2005 at 07:16 PM

*cough*

book 1: Lily and James Potter, Quirell.
Book 2: no-one that I can think of. *-)
book 3: Barty Crouch
book 4: Cedric, the three people in the huge house. (forgotten the names. o.o) and we are told of people who have died previously.
book 5: Sirius (:'()
book 6: Dumbledore (:'() and a death eater, and in the memories, people are killed, for example: Morfin.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by saralk on 07-18-2005 at 07:21 PM

you all know me and my crazy theories. I think Snape is still a good guy.

We don't know why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much, in the face of so much stuff, Dumbledore never once doubted Snape's excuse for why he told Voldy about the prophecy.

My theory is that the potion itself was the Horcrux they were looking for, and so Dumbledore told Snape to kill him, thus destroying the Horcrux. He used occulumency and legemillins (sp?) to communicate with Snape about this, but because he was so ill he was confused and was saying what Snape was saying to him. "no, don't make me do it", i think that saying "KILL ME" at the end was dumbledore giving the final word to snape.

I also think that Harry is the final Horcrux, so he will have to kill voldermort (probably at the department of mysteries) and then will fall through the veil in order to finish voldermort off once and for all.

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
book 1: Lily and James Potter, Quirell.

Lily and James didn't die in book 1, their death was talked about in book 1, they died 11 years prior to when PS/SS was set.
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ayjay on 07-18-2005 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless

Harry and Dumbledore get back from a quest to find a horcrux (an object voldemort has placed part of his soul in so he can't be killed unless the horcrux is destroyed. there are 7 horcruxes he used). Dumbledore is weakened because he drank some sort of funky liquid which was part of getting the horcrux. They see the dark mark above the astronomy tower and go up to it. Malfoy comes in and doesn't kill Dumbledore even though he said he was going to. More death eaters come in and Snape kills Dumbledore with the Avada Kedavra (or something like that) curse. Aurors and some teachers are fighting more death eaters while Harry chases Malfoy and Snape. Snape tells Harry he's the Hlaf-Blood Prince then they apparate somewhere or other. He's taken to the hospital wing and Bill (Ron's brother) has a pretty mangled up face where a werewolf (who wasn't transformed) had attacked him. All the students and some other people stay for Dumbledore's funeral and Harry tells Ginny they can't go out cuz she'll get killed for some reason. Harry tells Ron and Hermione that he is not going to come back to Hogwarts next year and is going to look for the other Horcruxes and Ron and Hermione say they're going to come with him after they'd all gone to Bill and Fleur's wedding.

And that's pretty much the end :D
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Saralk

you all know me and my crazy theories. I think Snape is still a good guy.

We don't know why Dumbledore trusted Snape so much, in the face of so much stuff, Dumbledore never once doubted Snape's excuse for why he told Voldy about the prophecy.

My theory is that the potion itself was the Horcrux they were looking for, and so Dumbledore told Snape to kill him, thus destroying the Horcrux. He used occulumency and legemillins (sp?) to communicate with Snape about this, but because he was so ill he was confused and was saying what Snape was saying to him. "no, don't make me do it", i think that saying "KILL ME" at the end was dumbledore giving the final word to snape.

I also think that Harry is the final Horcrux, so he will have to kill voldermort (probably at the department of mysteries) and then will fall through the veil in order to finish voldermort off once and for all.
I wouldn't say that your theory is correct, but there is some points that could be true.  Snape could still be good, but Dumbledore knew he would have to be killed and he had Snape do it so there would be no further questions of his Loyalty.  I don't think that the potion was the Horcrux.  And I doubt that Harry is one either.
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ayjay on 07-18-2005 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk

That's a pretty good theory actually cuz the prophecy said neither could survive while one remained alive. I knew it would be worded like that for a reason.

EDIT: But we saw Snape make the unbreakable vow, so he can't still be on the good side :undecided:
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Omar on 07-18-2005 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
Hermoine and Ron died because Mrs Wesley found them doing the hanly panky... :p

Nah, I was expecting DD dying... is like all those kung fu movies...where the master dies 3/4 of the movie  and the pupil takes it to the next level to beat the villan at the end... :P

While the book is not great, its a very good setup for the things to come... it'll be interesting to read their adventures outside Hogwarts...  I just have one wish.... have the last fight lasts for 5-6 chapters... it would suck if it last only for 2 chapters or less...

hopefully Book 7 will be out next year...

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ayjay on 07-18-2005 at 07:34 PM

I doubt it will be out next year but I hope it is.

I might read book 5 again, it's the only one I haven't read 100 times and I forgot some of the stuff which happened which was quite important in book 6.

I think in book 7, Harry will either die fighting Voldemort (killing him first, of course! :P) or become an Auror.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 07:38 PM

Harry better not die:dodgy:  It says one of them can survive if the other one doesn't so if Harry kills him first then there is no problem with him living:P

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ayjay on 07-18-2005 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk

Good point actually. He at least listened to Harry's other points but always insisted that he trusted Snape.  He knew about Malfoy but never said about it because of tres clever reasons :P and it would be pretty obvious for him to see about snape.

Whoever replaced the horcrux with a fake one will be quite significant in the next book. It'll probably clear up some stuff about snape killing dumbledore as well.
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 07:42 PM

Who do you lot think is R.A.B ?
I think its Regulas Black.

JK Rowling said something big would be revealed in book 6 about Lily, nothing besides "she was great at potions" is revealed.

I think Snape is still a bad guy because Dumbledore did not tell him to kill him before the unbreakable vow.

Maybe Harry will survive in the last book, but someone close to him will die once again.

Harry may return to Hogwarts for some reason or another where we will know the new defence against dark arts teacher.

There is a member of the Order of the Phoenix which will play a big role in book 7. He has been introduced but not very highly.

Snape and Malfoy i think both die.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hmaster5
Snape and Malfoy i think both die.

I have been waiting for both of them to die, that is great info.:P
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ayjay on 07-18-2005 at 07:46 PM

What are people's opinions on whether Malfoy is a death eater or not? It didn't actually say.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 07:48 PM

I think Malfoy is a death eater.  Even though I don't think he can handle it.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Jimcando on 07-18-2005 at 07:52 PM

I think Lily Potter had something to do with the Half-Blood Prince.
Hermione kept saying it could of been a girl, the handwriting was supposedly girly and the Potions teacher (forgot the name) kept saying Harry had the same techniques as his Mother.
Perhaps Lily Potter and Snape 'got it on' and she helped him in Potions

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ayjay on 07-18-2005 at 07:55 PM

It would explain why Snape and James hated each other so much :/

Although it's not very likely :P

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
Perhaps Lily Potter and Snape 'got it on' and she helped him in Potions
That is a very good idea:P Seriously though, she might have something to do with the halfblood prince.  But I doubt it because Harry said that Snape called his mom a filthy mud-blood. 
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 07:57 PM

yeh he is, or more importanty was made to be for Lucius's stupid mistakes.

Bellatrix and Pettigrew didnt do much.

Lily defended Snape, if you remember in the Pensieve. Maybe Snape was in love with her and he used to tell her his secrets. Thats why he hated James.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Jimcando on 07-18-2005 at 07:58 PM

And Harrys mum kept sticking up for Snape.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ayjay on 07-18-2005 at 08:11 PM

Lily might just have nothing to do with the book at all though. There was never anything really in the end to prove that she did.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 08:13 PM

Except for the numerous times Slughorn mentioned her.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
Lily might just have nothing to do with the book at all though. There was never anything really in the end to prove that she did.
Yeah, we are probably over thinking this:P
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Jimcando on 07-18-2005 at 08:16 PM

I still stick by my theory that she had something to do with Snape or the Half-Blood Prince

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 08:17 PM

Yup, even though they are the same thing :P

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-18-2005 at 08:18 PM

quote:
I still stick by my theory that she had something to do with Snape or the Half-Blood Prince
Snape is the half-blood prince:P
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 08:19 PM

LOL, Does anyone have any other thoughts on R.A.B besides Regulas

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ayjay on 07-18-2005 at 08:22 PM

It could be Regulas actually although I hadn't thought of it before. It might just be someone who hasn't been in the books before.
What did the note say again? I can't be bothered to get the book and I'm very busy with coursework but you're all distracting me!!! :P

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Jimcando on 07-18-2005 at 08:28 PM

OK, I know Snape is the Half-Blood Prince. I just meant that she had something to do with the book as well.

I did a very quick Google search and here are some theories on the first page I found:
Regulas Black had a locket in his house which Mundungus could of stolen...more here
Another theory, RAB might never of made it back to the shore of the lake and might be floating in the water!
Also, Amelia Bones...she could have a secret first name :P

See here

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 08:41 PM

Yeh i read the one about the locket "which could not be opened" on Muggle Net. Seems the most probably theory but seems too easy to figure out

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Tasha on 07-18-2005 at 08:45 PM

quote:

Also, Amelia Bones...she could have a secret first name :P

I really doubt it was Amelia Bones, she was killed at the beginning of this book, and the note (to me at least), incinuates that the person who wrote it chose to kill themselves, or knew they were going to die very soon.
I reckon it's Regulas Black, but then again, with these books, we can never be sure. :p

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Jimcando on 07-18-2005 at 08:45 PM

Its possible. Maybe JKR has strategicly placed it all there and she will just introduce a new character called RAB :P

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Concord Dawn on 07-18-2005 at 08:46 PM

Let's face it. Harry's life is f***ed. My prediction about the next book is that it's going to be a wild goose chase ending up with a big battle between Harry and Voldy. And I think that Harry's going to wind up dead.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 08:50 PM

But logically, this IS the last book, so Voldy too has to die as JK wont leave such a big ending with voldy remaining alive.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Jimcando on 07-18-2005 at 08:53 PM

I also think Dumbledore will come back in some way. Perhaps as a ghost (although unlikely) or somehow contact Harry in one of his very magical ways ;)

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Tasha on 07-18-2005 at 08:54 PM

quote:
But logically, this IS the last book, so Voldy too has to die.

not really.

The prophecy stated that "Either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives". This basically states that Harry must kill Voldemort, or Voldemort must kill Harry. Or they must kill each other, somehow. o.O (But them killing eachother is pretty impossible, in my eyes.)

I think Neville and Luna will play a bigger part in the next book, as they haven't really done much in this book, and I really do feel they should, and possibly will play a bigger part.

quote:
I also think Dumbledore will come back in some way. Perhaps as a ghost (although unlikely) or somehow contact Harry in one of his very magical ways ;)

he might be able to come back as a ghost, but as Dumbledore himself once said, "life is but the next great adventure". I did think that he may get a painting in the head's office, like all the other headmasters' and mistress' of Hogwarts.
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-18-2005 at 09:00 PM

He does have a gold framed one. It says so.

Dumbledore also said the prophecy may or may not be true. Imagine if Harry didnt know about the prophecy. Do all prophecys come true?

The prophecy really just egged Harry on. He really just wants Voldy dead for revenge.

btw R.A.B's Note:

quote:
To the Dark Lord
I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret.
I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can.
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more.
R.A.B.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by banky on 07-19-2005 at 02:49 AM

R.A.B is :O Really Annoying Bird-man

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Rubber Stamp on 07-20-2005 at 10:46 AM

quote:
impossible....voldy splitted his sould before he went off to kill harry....he couldnt do the horcrux after his body was killed!

okay, i think snapes on the good side....the killing of dumbledore was probabl preplanned...dumbledore knw he was to die..he mentions several times bout old age, maybe thats wat dumbledore and snape were arguiing about....maybe snape didnt want to kill DD. i think that DD asked him to kill so that he doesnt break the unbreakable vow...so that snape didnt die and voldy will then be surely convinced that snapes on his side.

also, snape had so many occasions to kill harry, but he always put off that even in front of other death eaters that harry was to be reserved for voldy, but in the previous books, it was clear voldemort wanted harry dead whoever killed him.

anyway, snape is extremly powerful, his potion books proves it. DD always says death is not the worst thing....i think he must have had very important reasons for getting himself killed. i also think that dumbledore was pleading to snape to kill him just before he died.

just a thought....tel me wat do u think!
also, when harry calls snape a coward, he stops to deny this, cos killing dd would have taken a lot of guts
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by John Anderton on 07-20-2005 at 02:22 PM

Yeah ... <3 dumbeldore .... :cry:
* John Anderton slaps Snape around a bit with a large trout.
And btw .... i kiiled snape when i heard :dodgy:
:blah:
Why did he have to do that.
And why doesnt draco die :dodgy: .... die snape and draco die.
And voldemort too but thats obvious that id say that.

quote:
Originally posted by The Don
R.A.B is :O Really Annoying Bird-man
O.o
Who is he ?? Regulas A. Black ....... what does he do ... (yeah i didnt read the book .... ill get it a few months later so i heard the story from tasha :$)
quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
impossible....voldy splitted his sould before he went off to kill harry....he couldnt do the horcrux after his body was killed!

okay, i think snapes on the good side....the killing of dumbledore was probabl preplanned...dumbledore knw he was to die..he mentions several times bout old age, maybe thats wat dumbledore and snape were arguiing about....maybe snape didnt want to kill DD. i think that DD asked him to kill so that he doesnt break the unbreakable vow...so that snape didnt die and voldy will then be surely convinced that snapes on his side.

also, snape had so many occasions to kill harry, but he always put off that even in front of other death eaters that harry was to be reserved for voldy, but in the previous books, it was clear voldemort wanted harry dead whoever killed him.

anyway, snape is extremly powerful, his potion books proves it. DD always says death is not the worst thing....i think he must have had very important reasons for getting himself killed. i also think that dumbledore was pleading to snape to kill him just before he died.

also, when harry calls snape a coward, he stops to deny this, cos killing dd would have taken a lot of guts
:| Good point .... i never thought of it that way but at the end of book 5 i actually felt for the 1st and only time .... snape had a heart and was a emotional (feeling) human :-/

What i feel is one on the most unexplored points is the locked room in the minstery of magic .... the one in book 5 thats always closed ...  that could be important that dd did say that there are things there that are worse than death.

And couldnt dd have a horcrux thingy ^o) :rolleyes:
And i think dd isnt gone as next year there will be a new 'hm' for hogwarts (assuming the school is open cause else it'll be dodgy or really exciting :P) (How do you make a hp book with out all that school stuff ..... the book will be really full of lotsa content then but its unlikely :P)
DD isnt gone imo ..... he is said to be one of the greatest wizards of his / all time so you know he could be cleverer than you think ;)
And what about the fact that all hms in all of the paintings of past hms of hogwarts are allowed to move their own paintings anywhere in the world so its like dd's alternate self is still there ....

I'd do anything to know all about book 7 right now :P
* John Anderton makes Joanne Kathleene Rowling his new best friend :cheesy:

This post may sound dumb cause i havent read book 6 nor have i read the thread. I just read the 1st post, and the quoted posts ..... nothing around them either. The speculations i have made are purely speculative and have no basis ... just fun guess work ....
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by FrozernFire on 07-20-2005 at 02:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
And couldnt dd have a horcrux thingy

you have to kill to make a horcrux, but like you said, you have not read the book

jk rowling said that the last few pages will give clues for the next book. i guess that harry is not returning to hogwarts

i have not read the thread nor the first post. sry. just too tired from school
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ayjay on 07-20-2005 at 03:18 PM

quote:
And i think dd isnt gone as next year there will be a new 'hm' for hogwarts (assuming the school is open cause else it'll be dodgy or really exciting ) (How do you make a hp book with out all that school stuff ..... the book will be really full of lotsa content then but its unlikely )
DD isnt gone imo ..... he is said to be one of the greatest wizards of his / all tim

imo, he's definately gone because we saw him get buried. McGonnagle. Anyway, he won't be at Hogwarts next year because he, Ron and Hermione are looking for the horcruxes.
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-20-2005 at 04:42 PM

after bill and fleurs wedding, where somethign could happen

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Dane on 07-20-2005 at 05:11 PM

This brings up another question: Will book 7 have "Year 7" on the side of the book like the rest of the books, and if so, What does it mean?

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-20-2005 at 05:20 PM

i think he will go back to hogwarts to look for the Gryfindor/Ravenclaw Horcrux

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-20-2005 at 07:59 PM

quote:
Dumbledore also said the prophecy may or may not be true. Imagine if Harry didnt know about the prophecy. Do all prophecys come true?

The prophecy really just egged Harry on. He really just wants Voldy dead for revenge.
Dumble said that the prophecy is true because voldemorte made it true.  If there wasn't a prophecy then Harry would have an ordinary life.  But Voldemorte trying to prevent the prophecy from coming true made it come true.
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Jeronimo on 07-20-2005 at 08:42 PM

Personally I don't think Dumbledore will be coming back. It would be a bit of a poor ending if he somehow came back to life. Might as well just bring everyone back to life, like Harry's parents. Bit of a cop out really :-/

I'm not so convinced that Sirius Black is dead to be honest. His "death" was a bit vague I think - I expect him to make an appearance in book 7.

Finally I am convinced that Snape isn't a bad guy. It would make good book writing for JK Rowling to try to make everyone believe that Snape was a bad guy all along, but in actual fact it turns out that he is actually good. Dumbledore never stated why he trusted Snape so absolutely, but I think he was right. Dumbledore was one of the wisest and greatest wizards ever - he wouldn't make a mistake as big as that :)

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Rubber Stamp on 07-21-2005 at 03:34 PM

quote:
he wouldn't make a mistake as big as that 
thats wat i think too!
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by John Anderton on 07-21-2005 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
you have to kill to make a horcrux, but like you said, you have not read the book
Oh yeah .... i heard that too ^o)
Couldnt dd have killed someone evil for it :sad:
<3 dd R.I.P (i guess :cry:)

Imo if there is school next year then the hm has to be mrs. mcgonagal :D
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Rubber Stamp on 07-21-2005 at 03:57 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
Oh yeah .... i heard that too ^o)
Couldnt dd have killed someone evil for it :sad:
<3 dd R.I.P (i guess :cry:)

it is DARK ARTS...its sooo dark that it has no mention even in the hogwarts library......dd couldnt have learned such dark magic...or even if he did knw, he wouldnt use it!

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by John Anderton on 07-21-2005 at 04:32 PM

quote:
it is DARK ARTS...its sooo dark that it has no mention even in the hogwarts library......dd couldnt have learned such dark magic...or even if he did knw, he wouldnt use it!

I still remember in book 2 when ppl were trying to find CoS and then a student asked its locked with dark arts so how would we find it ...
mcgonagal said ... that if we are good doent we dont know dark magic ... it means we dont use it :P
so u never know what dd would do so that harry could win
it could be a conspiracy to fool voldy into believing that he is dead and snape is with him *-)
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Rubber Stamp on 07-21-2005 at 04:34 PM

maybe....but i seriously doubt dd having a horcrux...slughorn didnt even wanted dd to knw he knw bout it!!!

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by hmaster on 07-21-2005 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
Dumbledore was one of the wisest and greatest wizards ever - he wouldn't make a mistake as big as that :)
DD said that because he is so intelligent, it makes his mistakes worse.

quote:
She already took over the post at the end of HBP

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Tandy on 07-21-2005 at 09:27 PM

ok, i only have 2 questions about the book.

1. who is R.A.B, if it was regulus black, isnt he head? if so when where is harry going to find the horcrux?

2. Now that Dumbledore's portrait is in the headmasters office, could harry talk to him, just like he used ot be able to, will he be the same? That would be really good cos then harry wouldnt be totally alone. I hope so

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ipab on 07-21-2005 at 10:01 PM

I gotta say that Saralk's predictions that he wrote for MuggleNet are really good and most of it came true.

* ipab applauds Saralk for his deductions and JKR for her wit.

I really enjoyed the book, although I don't really appreciate not having a proper closure, she left herself room for a sequel, which we all know is coming, so wuts the point :s (except $_$)

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by John Anderton on 07-22-2005 at 05:15 PM

quote:
She already took over the post at the end of HBP
Oops :P I havent read the book as you can see :P

In my blog .... someone posted a comment here.
They told me to read the stuff here.
Its a huge blog post @ blogger that i think you might wanna consider ;)

Ok you lazy peoples :P
quote:
Originally posted by Karun's Journal .... link mentioned above

Redeeming Dumbledore's Death

Spoiler Warning! As if the title of this web site wasn't warning enough for most people...

So, Dumbledore is dead. Why? There are two, erm, "Points of View" regarding this. One is Harry's, which the book, being focussed as a camera hovering slightly above Harry's head, obviously takes, and, the second is the more rational point of view, which I will discuss here.

In Book 5, Mr. Potter completed his ultimate transformation - he became a painful git. And so, this solidified the fact that, for me, the main hero of the stories became Dumbledore instead of the first two words of the book's title. The notion of Dumbledore's extremely perceptive and receptive brain has been built up with each successive HP title and this book adds to it. I will now go on to explain why I think Dumbledore died of his own free will and did not, as it appears, beg for mercy from S. Snape.

A. P. W. B. Dumbledore is not stupid. This is the salient point throughout my theory and I've believed in this fact since even before the new millennium began. He wouldn't have trusted S. Snape if he didn't have the cold, hard facts on him. Remember how he knew all about Tom Riddle when he came seeking a job at Hogwarts?

Dumbledore knew about the Unforgivable Vow that bound Snape and N. Malfoy. He might have known about this from Snape beforehand and he might have also known what Malfoy intended to do.
Hagrid caught Snape and Dumbledore quarreling at the edge of the forest, and Dumbledore was trying to impress upon Snape, the fact, that he had to do whatever he was told. Also note that they were "quarreling" and not merely talking or discussing as is usually Dumbledore's fashion. This implies that the topic of conversation must be something really big and Dumbledore was forcing Snape to do something that Snape really didn't want to. It could just not be as trivial as investigating Malfoy.
When Potter and Dumbledore returned from the cave, Dumbledore repeatedly asked for Severus Snape and no one else. McGongall and Hagrid were equally trustworthy but he insisted on Snape. Think "Why?".
Also note that, throughout the Cave adventure, Dumbledore kept mentioning how his life was no longer important and that it was Harry who needed to live, not him.
Dumbledore didn't want Draco Malfoy to become a killer. In him, he saw a younger S. Snape and he didn't want him to go over to the Dark side. For this reason, he prevented Draco from killing which would - please excuse me for using Star Wars lingo - complete his transition to the Dark side. He also made sure to ask Malfoy whether any one had been killed and engaged him in conversation until the other Death Eaters had arrived.
When Snape came up to the Astronomy tower, he walked up determinedly. When he got near, his face, as it is mentioned, was filled with hatred. Also, Dumbledore said, in a pleading voice, "... Severus... please...". I just cannot believe that Dumbledore would ever beg for mercy for his life because he was simply unafraid of death. "Death is but the next great adventure", he said to Harry in Harry's first year.
Let's review the information in the light that I shed on it. Dumbledore knew about the Vow and he discussed this with Snape. The plan that Dumbledore chalked out included his own death, and Snape, loyal to Dumbledore, quarreled with him at the edge of the forest because he did not want to kill Dumbledore. Whilst in the cave, Dumbledore impresses upon young Potter about how his own life is no longer important. Dumbledore sends only for Snape on arrival at Hogsmeade. Dumbledore makes sure that Malfoy does not try to kill him. And finally, Dumbledore pleads with Snape; however, he pleads not because he wants to save his life, but, in fact, he pleads because he wants Snape to kill him and go along with the plan, which is why Snape's face is filled with hatred - hatred for himself and what he is just about to do.

Of course, I could be totally wrong about all this but then again I do have seven points. However, this view of the whole thing has a certain charm for me since it proves that Dumbledore didn't die in vain.

The Rest of the Book

The beginning of the book is quite hilarious (I think I count the first, umm, three or four chapters in this) and this general funniness prevails throughout most of the book, making it a joy to read, unlike Book 5, which was a pain in the arse for the major part of the first half. It also thankfully doesn't have a chapter on - or even a mention of - Grawp until the end, and Grawp doesn't have a single dialogue. Good going on that count, Rowling! The romantic part of the book has been done much better than last time. There is a lot more "snogging" and comedy than heart-breaks and awkward moments. Speaking of "snogging", Rowling is just totally obsessed with that word. This book also marks the introduction of the word "slut" into a Harry Potter book.

--Skaran

PS:
An eighth point, which I didn't mention to retain the magical number 7, was that Dumbledore put a freezing charm on Harry. Why? I think it was to prevent Harry from interfering with what was about to happen, as Dumbledore knew he was going to die. Harry obviously wouldn't have let Dumbledore get killed if it was in his power to do something about it.

EDIT: I edited that faulty quote code :P
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-23-2005 at 05:28 AM

That really makes you think, I wish the 7th book was out:(

RE: RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Rubber Stamp on 07-23-2005 at 07:45 AM

quote:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
quote:
Originally posted by [url=http://skaran.blogspot.com/2005/07/redeeming-dumbledores-death.html
Karan's Journal[/url]]
Redeeming Dumbledore's Death

Spoiler Warning! As if the title of this web site wasn't warning enough for most people...

So, Dumbledore is dead. Why? There are two, erm, "Points of View" regarding this. One is Harry's, which the book, being focussed as a camera hovering slightly above Harry's head, obviously takes, and, the second is the more rational point of view, which I will discuss here.

In Book 5, Mr. Potter completed his ultimate transformation - he became a painful git. And so, this solidified the fact that, for me, the main hero of the stories became Dumbledore instead of the first two words of the book's title. The notion of Dumbledore's extremely perceptive and receptive brain has been built up with each successive HP title and this book adds to it. I will now go on to explain why I think Dumbledore died of his own free will and did not, as it appears, beg for mercy from S. Snape.

A. P. W. B. Dumbledore is not stupid. This is the salient point throughout my theory and I've believed in this fact since even before the new millennium began. He wouldn't have trusted S. Snape if he didn't have the cold, hard facts on him. Remember how he knew all about Tom Riddle when he came seeking a job at Hogwarts?

Dumbledore knew about the Unforgivable Vow that bound Snape and N. Malfoy. He might have known about this from Snape beforehand and he might have also known what Malfoy intended to do.
Hagrid caught Snape and Dumbledore quarreling at the edge of the forest, and Dumbledore was trying to impress upon Snape, the fact, that he had to do whatever he was told. Also note that they were "quarreling" and not merely talking or discussing as is usually Dumbledore's fashion. This implies that the topic of conversation must be something really big and Dumbledore was forcing Snape to do something that Snape really didn't want to. It could just not be as trivial as investigating Malfoy.
When Potter and Dumbledore returned from the cave, Dumbledore repeatedly asked for Severus Snape and no one else. McGongall and Hagrid were equally trustworthy but he insisted on Snape. Think "Why?".
Also note that, throughout the Cave adventure, Dumbledore kept mentioning how his life was no longer important and that it was Harry who needed to live, not him.
Dumbledore didn't want Draco Malfoy to become a killer. In him, he saw a younger S. Snape and he didn't want him to go over to the Dark side. For this reason, he prevented Draco from killing which would - please excuse me for using Star Wars lingo - complete his transition to the Dark side. He also made sure to ask Malfoy whether any one had been killed and engaged him in conversation until the other Death Eaters had arrived.
When Snape came up to the Astronomy tower, he walked up determinedly. When he got near, his face, as it is mentioned, was filled with hatred. Also, Dumbledore said, in a pleading voice, "... Severus... please...". I just cannot believe that Dumbledore would ever beg for mercy for his life because he was simply unafraid of death. "Death is but the next great adventure", he said to Harry in Harry's first year.
Let's review the information in the light that I shed on it. Dumbledore knew about the Vow and he discussed this with Snape. The plan that Dumbledore chalked out included his own death, and Snape, loyal to Dumbledore, quarreled with him at the edge of the forest because he did not want to kill Dumbledore. Whilst in the cave, Dumbledore impresses upon young Potter about how his own life is no longer important. Dumbledore sends only for Snape on arrival at Hogsmeade. Dumbledore makes sure that Malfoy does not try to kill him. And finally, Dumbledore pleads with Snape; however, he pleads not because he wants to save his life, but, in fact, he pleads because he wants Snape to kill him and go along with the plan, which is why Snape's face is filled with hatred - hatred for himself and what he is just about to do.

Of course, I could be totally wrong about all this but then again I do have seven points. However, this view of the whole thing has a certain charm for me since it proves that Dumbledore didn't die in vain.

The Rest of the Book

The beginning of the book is quite hilarious (I think I count the first, umm, three or four chapters in this) and this general funniness prevails throughout most of the book, making it a joy to read, unlike Book 5, which was a pain in the arse for the major part of the first half. It also thankfully doesn't have a chapter on - or even a mention of - Grawp until the end, and Grawp doesn't have a single dialogue. Good going on that count, Rowling! The romantic part of the book has been done much better than last time. There is a lot more "snogging" and comedy than heart-breaks and awkward moments. Speaking of "snogging", Rowling is just totally obsessed with that word. This book also marks the introduction of the word "slut" into a Harry Potter book.

--Skaran

PS:
An eighth point, which I didn't mention to retain the magical number 7, was that Dumbledore put a freezing charm on Harry. Why? I think it was to prevent Harry from interfering with what was about to happen, as Dumbledore knew he was going to die. Harry obviously wouldn't have let Dumbledore get killed if it was in his power to do something about it.
thats makes so much sense! :O
but all this talk is making me crave the 7th book :cry:

exaclty what i said...but in a more refined form....

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by dotNorma on 07-23-2005 at 07:58 AM

Alot of you might want to read this while you wait for the new one. It is really good, Sounds just like JK and the story line is real interesting...A bit predictable though.

http://noname.big-blue-fish.com << The PDF File, Its a fan fiction written by some talented writer. It pwnz. :grin:

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Rubber Stamp on 07-23-2005 at 02:25 PM

i read the first 100 pages and then got so boored of it that i decided to read the ending parts, and i must say I SUCKS BIG TIME.................i HATE it!!!!!:blah:[Image: chainsaw.gif]:refuck:[Image: plzdie.gif]

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Nathan on 07-31-2005 at 08:30 AM

To Be really honhest, even if snape was good the order wouldnt want him back!

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by J.J on 07-31-2005 at 11:05 AM

I think im suffering withdrawal symptoms...:sad:

Just like i suffered when i finished reading the 5th book :(

* TD is sad that he has no more Harry Potter left to read

btw, i think that the next book will be a bit weird knowing that they aren't going back to Hogwarts...however, i think that JK will write something that will have to make Harry go back to Hogwarts...

I also wonder how big it will be :tongue: I hope its huge and full of action :grin:

* TD <3's teh Harry Potter books

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 07-31-2005 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension

btw, i think that the next book will be a bit weird knowing that they aren't going back to Hogwarts...however, i think that JK will write something that will have to make Harry go back to Hogwarts...
Some people in this thread have mentioned that think Harry will go back to hogwarts to find the horcruxes in Godric Griffindor and the Ravenclaw person possesion's, cuz Dumbledore thought that is where two of the horcruxes were.
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by J.J on 08-01-2005 at 05:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TylerG

Some people in this thread have mentioned that think Harry will go back to hogwarts to find the horcruxes in Godric Griffindor and the Ravenclaw person possesion's, cuz Dumbledore thought that is where two of the horcruxes were.

I doubt that they'd be in the school...Voldermort only leaves his horcrux's in places that mean something to him eg: where the locket was

However people will say that Hogwarts does mean something to Voldermort...but i still don't think he'd hide it there...unless of course there was some other enchanted room that Voldermort was able to find...i remember reading in the book Dumbledore saying something about Voldermort knowing almost every secret in Hogwarts...

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by dylan! on 08-01-2005 at 05:56 AM

i love hairy potter but hate reading:P i havent read the thread but i think ill wait for the movie(A):P(im lazy)

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by lordy on 08-01-2005 at 06:39 AM

i dont actually think she can fit everything into one more book? perhaps there will b more than 7 books? i dont ever remember JKR saying there will only be 7 books exactly..... i also think that DD told Snape to kill him if he was ever in a situation like he was in... waiting for the next book, which JKR said he wasnt going to start for another few months, so she can spend time with her new baby, and other children.. so it might b a couple of year before it is brought out!

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by J.J on 08-01-2005 at 06:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
i dont actually think she can fit everything into one more book? perhaps there will b more than 7 books? i dont ever remember JKR saying there will only be 7 books exactly

JK said that she would only be making 7 books :sad: I wish she could make more, but yeh she only said 7

Shes already written the ending for the 7th so hopefully its not going to take her as long, although it is the last books so im pretty sure she'll be wanted to take alot of time on it
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by lordy on 08-01-2005 at 07:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
quote:
i dont actually think she can fit everything into one more book? perhaps there will b more than 7 books? i dont ever remember JKR saying there will only be 7 books exactly

JK said that she would only be making 7 books :sad: I wish she could make more, but yeh she only said 7

well its gotta b huge then dont it!! there's so many loose ends to tie up!!

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Vilkku on 08-01-2005 at 07:30 AM

Now, I haven't read any posts so I might not be the forst one with this...
I think Harry is the 7th horcrux. IMO it all makes sense, can't rally explain, I just think it's him.
Now, sorry if someone posted this already.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by J.J on 08-01-2005 at 08:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
I think Harry is the 7th horcrux. IMO it all makes sense, can't rally explain, I just think it's him.

Have a read here Is Harry a Horcrux?

btw, i thought most of you would maybe be interested to know that R.A.B most likely stands for Regulus Alphard Black (Sirius Black's brother). These of course were the initials left on the note that was found inside the fake locket that Dumbledore and Harry tried to find and destroy

quote:
Written in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
To the Dark Lord
I know thay i will be dead long before you read this
but i want you to know that it was i who discovered your secret.
I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as i can. I face death in hope that when you meet your match,
you will be mortal once more.

R.A.B

It all makes sense too, for in OotP they find a locket in Grimuald place

quote:
Written in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The found an unpleasant-looking silver instrument, something like a many-legged pair of tweezers, which scuttled up Harry's arm like a spider when he picked it up, and attempted to puncture his skin. Sirius seized it and smashed it with a heavy book entitled Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy. There was a musical box that emitted a faintly sinister, tinkling tune when wound, and they all found themselves becoming curiously weak and sleepy, until Ginny had the sense to slam it shut; a heavy locket that none of them could open; a number of ancient seals; and in a dusty box, and Order of Merlin, first class, that had been awarded to Sirius's grandfather for 'services at the Ministry'.

And don't forget, the reason why Regulus died was because he tried to leave Voldermort.

quote:
Written in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
No, he was murdered by Voldermort. Or on Voldermorts orders, more likely; I doubt that Regulus was ever important enough to be killed my Voldermort in person. From what i found out after he died, he got in so far, then panicked about what he was being asked to do and tried to back out. Well you don't just hand in your resignation to Voldermort. It's a lifetime service or death

So it seems fitting that he was the one to have written that note to Voldermort in the fake locket, for he used to be a Death Eater and he used to live and Grimmuald Place where the locket they found could coincidentally not open

Just my 2 cents anyway :tongue:

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by lordy on 08-01-2005 at 08:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku

i doubt that very much.... i doubt you could have a soul in a person, and then a part of comeone elses soul in you as well, it just wouldnt work, even if it is in a book
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by ayjay on 08-01-2005 at 08:30 AM

I already thought that it would be Regulas but I forgot about the locket. But surely if that was it then it would have been a bit more significant in the 5th book :/

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by lordy on 08-01-2005 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
I already thought that it would be Regulas but I forgot about the locket. But surely if that was it then it would have been a bit more significant in the 5th book :/

i dont think so... JKR adds these things in very cleverly!! you hafta b paying alot of attention to pick this stuff up
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by J.J on 08-01-2005 at 08:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
But surely if that was it then it would have been a bit more significant in the 5th book :/

No i don't think she would've wanted to give anything away in the 5th that could have been blatently given away in the 6th book, before she would have even released the 7th...

She would have just seen it as an opportunity to mention it and link it later, i don't think that she'd have thought that many people would have figured it out....

quote:
i dont think so... JKR adds these things in very cleverly!! you hafta b paying alot of attention to pick this stuff up

Agreed.
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Voldemort on 08-01-2005 at 11:27 PM

maybe rab doesnt exist, it may be a nickname only
It is more than posible that RAB he/she is already dead and we will know what is of him
maybe he is dead and we wont see anything of him again
thats my theory
i think jk will make the endin something very very very obvious that we didnt notice*-)

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Voldemort on 08-01-2005 at 11:28 PM

can the killed dumbledore be a magical clone?
maybe it wasnt dumbledore someone else drank polijuice of him..(not likely)
question ! if you die while you are polyjuiced, will you die as the person you morphed to or as yourself?(as you always are)??
thats troubling me now
i cant wait 4 book 7 ....
Maybe RAB is stil alive and will help harry with voldy , as to supply dumby(lol)dore...
as once i heard someone clever, but up to now stupid say
"I have many theories, and all of them as unlikely as each other "8-) undefinedor something like that8-)....

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by J.J on 08-02-2005 at 05:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
if you die while you are polyjuiced, will you die as the person you morphed to or as yourself?

Well eventually the polyjuice will ware off...so even if you did die while in the middle of being transformed, later your body will change back

quote:
maybe rab doesnt exist, it may be a nickname only

Maybe, but they look more like initials :tongue:

quote:
It is more than posible that RAB he/she is already dead and we will know what is of him

Well in the note it says 'I know that i will be dead long before you hear this'

Although knowing JK, anything is possible...maybe he isn't dead...

But also JK said that it's to easy for Harry to do things with people who can help him, so thats why shes killed off Dumbledore and Sirius...

I doubt that R.A.B will be alive to help Harry, I think Harry will do most of it on his own, with a little help from Ron and Hermione and some other people here and there...

P.S - Sirius said that he never knew what happened to his brother, only that he was said to be murdered by Voldermort...

Maybe...Regulus still is alive...we'll just have to wait and see :grin:
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Voldemort on 08-02-2005 at 08:25 PM

To the Dark Lord
I know thay i will be dead long before you read this
but i want you to know that it was i who discovered your secret.
I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as i can. I face death in hope that when you meet your match,
you will be mortal once more.

R.A.B

Voldy Lordy hasnt seen it
Regulus is the conclusion we got, but it could or could not been him...
It may be his nicknames initials could be , couldnt it? it may be mid-name or last name letters..
i think JKR will do hp7s plot with something too obvious or new for us to know .... i think regulus is dead , i think somewhere said his Dead body was found
maybe the person who drank polyjuice to be dumbledore had an extra lasting potion, or maybe Mcgonagall(or someone close to dumbydore, maybe... snape!, hagrid!, i dunno... maybe my brain is screwed of too much thinking, it overheated and exploded) knew about this and gave the dead person more polyjuice for him to look as dumbledore...
i be here waiting 2 years, with my crazy , mad, and screwed up theories lol...im confused
Well lets start the  countdown
about 730 days left.........very very few

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Lou on 08-03-2005 at 03:43 AM

alright Im gonna clear up a few things
1. Dumbledore is dead otherwise his portrait would not have appeared in the office
2. Portraits cant think like the original person [as stated in the book]
3.Malfoy is a death eater [all the facts point to it]
4. Harry Cannot be a horcrux because it has to be implmented in a special way once the person is DEAD
5. Harry already said he wasnt going back to school
6. Harry will not die in the 7th book [J.K Rowling said so]
7. She will be killing others in book number 7 [she said so]
8. She said she MAY make more than seven books but doesnt promise anything
9. R.A.B already broke that Horcruz by the looks of it
10. my theory:

R.A.B is Regulus, Sirius will come back because somehow being an animagus made him have to lives, same as James Potter but Voldemort was very strong and was able to kill them both in one shot. Dumbledore is really dead however he left his trails there to help harry.

11. [fact] harry is going to go threw alot of troubles in the next book [J.K Rowling said so]

If I can remember anything else I will post

[ who posted on mugglenet? Ive been getting some facts from their interview with Johanne]

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Tasha on 08-03-2005 at 10:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
alright Im gonna clear up a few things
1. Dumbledore is dead otherwise his portrait would not have appeared in the office

Of course hes dead. Hes as human as the rest of us.

quote:

WHERE exactly is that stated in the book? ^o)

quote:
3.Malfoy is a death eater [all the facts point to it]

Way to go with stating the obvious, Einstein. :tongue:

quote:
4. Harry Cannot be a horcrux because it has to be implmented in a special way once the person is DEAD

Nope, it is possible Harry COULD be a Horcrux, Voldemort could have made him one after he killed someone ELSE. Although, I do not believe Harry is a Horcrux. I mean, Voldemort would have to be reliant on something that isn't in his control. And what if harry got killed? And why would Voldemort always be trying to kill Harry, if he was a Horcrux? It would be killing yourself.

quote:

He most probably will. He has no idea where the object of Ravenclaw's is, so why not start at the school, tracing what it could be. And you think he wouldn't want to talk to Dumbledore's portrait, or visit Dumbledore's grave?

quote:
6. Harry will not die in the 7th book

He may die, he may not. She may change her mind between now and then that Harry shall die. Writers change things all the time.

quote:
7. She will be killing others in book number 7

Most definetely. Voldemort is bound to kill others. 8-)

quote:

Then why is the 6th book known as the penultimate, and even she has said it is? (Second from last.)

quote:
9. R.A.B already broke that Horcruz by the looks of it

"I have stolen the Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can."
Regulas died within days of leaving Voldemorts side. He may not have had a chance to actually destroy it.

quote:
Sirius will come back because somehow being an animagus made him have to lives, same as James Potter but Voldemort was very strong and was able to kill them both in one shot. Dumbledore is really dead however he left his trails there to help harry.

Ok.. Let me get this straight.
SIRIUS IS NOT COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD AND NOR IS DUMBLEDORE. Being an animagnus has nothing to do with having extra lives. Maybe if you are a cat, becuase cats are said to have nine lives, but I doubt even someone who is a cat animagnus will come back from the dead. Just think about it. They may be magical, but that doesnt stop them dieing the same way we do. Look at Dumbledore, the greatest wizard ever. He's dead, isn't he. You would think, being the greatest wizard ever, he would live, somehow, he could still be alive, but no - he is still human, he can still die.

quote:
11. [fact] harry is going to go threw alot of troubles in the next book

Again, way to state the obvious, Einstein. :tongue:
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by saralk on 08-03-2005 at 11:20 AM

JKR has already said that she will not introduce any new major characters in book 7, and I think that the person who stole Voldermort's horcrux would be considered major, so I think R.A.B. is Regelus Black.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Voldemort on 08-03-2005 at 04:06 PM

Regulus is said to be dead, but he may or may not be, as they never found him , its just a rumor..
but WHO KNOWS, i will give anything to know everything about hp7 on        JKR mind...

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Lou on 08-03-2005 at 04:16 PM

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by lou_habs

WHERE exactly is that stated in the book?
Well let me find the page.... I will state back on that once I found it. but it IS stated.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Rubber Stamp on 08-06-2005 at 11:27 AM

quote:
quote:
    quote:Originally posted by lou_habs

WHERE exactly is that stated in the book?
Well let me find the page.... I will state back on that once I found it. but it IS stated.

i never read such a thing!

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by user27089 on 08-06-2005 at 11:43 AM

I think that it is sirius' brother aswell (R.A.B), I was even reading through the book for the name. I doubt it was somebody who didn't like him, because otherwise, they wouldn't have called him the "dark lord".

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Vazza on 08-06-2005 at 06:21 PM

quote:

Where was this stated? And it would a nice twist in the tale if it was so. Who is to say (except JK) that when Harry was left with the scar (in which it was believed that some of Voldamort's power transfered to Harry) that part of his soul was left too?

quote:

School was ended early. There was no mention that Hogwarts would reopen. Probably won't open but Harry will have to return for some reason.

quote:

She said she may make one more book which would be a follow up many years after the last book which was to see how all the main characters had progressed in life.

Overall comment
Not one of the better books, but I guess it will do. Knew that Dumbledore had to die right from the start when they mentioned about the arm. Pretty much very predictable. Bring us back to the good old days of Order of the Phoenix. Not really worried about the last book now. Hopes have been rather dashed.

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by saralk on 08-06-2005 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
Where was this stated? And it would a nice twist in the tale if it was so. Who is to say (except JK) that when Harry was left with the scar (in which it was believed that some of Voldamort's power transfered to Harry) that part of his soul was left too?

Soulgworth or whatever said that you have to kill somoene in order to rip your soul apart.

However, the killing curse is supposed to be unblockable, but Harry appears to be a special case, and I think it is quite a plausable theory that he will be the final horocrux.
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Lou on 08-06-2005 at 06:35 PM

maybe he will...I| doubt it but everythingis possible its magic!

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Tasha on 08-06-2005 at 06:41 PM

Sigh...

Slughorn said that you have to kill someone before you can rip your soul apart, but it is your choice as to when you take a bit of your soul out, as Voldemort sure as hell hasnt killed only 6 people. (the 7th part is still in him).

Once you have chosen to take a part of your soul out, you can implement it into anything to keep it safe. It doesn't automatically go into the person you have killed. You choose to put it into an object.

And to quote myself on Harry being the final Horcrux:

quote:
I do not believe Harry is a Horcrux. I mean, Voldemort would have to be reliant on something that isn't in his control. And what if harry got killed? And why would Voldemort always be trying to kill Harry, if he was a Horcrux? It would be killing yourself.

Oh, and also, there are only 7 Horcrux's, and both Dumbledore and Voldemort and Harry know all about them. I'm sure if Harry was a Horcrux, or it was suspected that he could be, Dumbledore would have told him.
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by TylerG on 08-06-2005 at 08:35 PM

quote:
Sigh...

Slughorn said that you have to kill someone before you can rip your soul apart, but it is your choice as to when you take a bit of your soul out, as Voldemort sure as hell hasnt killed only 6 people. (the 7th part is still in him).

Once you have chosen to take a part of your soul out, you can implement it into anything to keep it safe. It doesn't automatically go into the person you have killed. You choose to put it into an object.

And to quote myself on Harry being the final Horcrux:

quote:
I do not believe Harry is a Horcrux. I mean, Voldemort would have to be reliant on something that isn't in his control. And what if harry got killed? And why would Voldemort always be trying to kill Harry, if he was a Horcrux? It would be killing yourself.

Oh, and also, there are only 7 Horcrux's, and both Dumbledore and Voldemort and Harry know all about them. I'm sure if Harry was a Horcrux, or it was suspected that he could be, Dumbledore would have told him.
I agree

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Negro_Joe on 08-16-2005 at 08:56 PM

I think Malfoys a death eater.

I dunno about the neding it was ok! i still think they'll end up going to back hogwarts! Harry and Ginny should of stayed                  together! :P

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by michael_m91 on 08-17-2005 at 04:40 AM

Lol yeah Malfoy is deffinatly a deatheater especially because his parents were, and i think the (Parents of) Crabbe and Goyle were too, cant remember....

anyways anymore of those funny spoiler videos

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Rubber Stamp on 08-17-2005 at 10:20 AM

i dont think hes a death eater...it hasnt been mentioned anywhere in the book.....and thats something considering Rowling...if he was a death eater..some mention of his dark mark would surely have been there(there always have been, the deatheaters, snape, karkarrof)..its clearly said that he has to do the job cos his father was a letdown!

RE: RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by michael_m91 on 08-17-2005 at 02:02 PM

Im not going to quote what tasha said before cus its to long.
But seriously people were just giving ideas about what they thaught and that person just told what he knew because there was confusion.

All you did was say "Smart one Einstien" how does that help with both the persons moral and the forums, thats almost grounds for spam..

Still you were just trying to make a post and all you said pretty much "Oh Really?8-)"

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Tasha on 08-17-2005 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by michael_m91
Im not going to quote what tasha said before cus its to long.
But seriously people were just giving ideas about what they thaught and that person just told what he knew because there was confusion.

All you did was say "Smart one Einstien" how does that help with both the persons moral and the forums, thats almost grounds for spam..

Still you were just trying to make a post and all you said pretty much "Oh Really?8-)"

Excuse me, you don't know me, so you don't know when i'm being nice and when i'm being horrible. Things I say can come across horrible and I don't mean it. :) And I did say a lot of things other than "Oh Really?", etc. IUf I was being nasty, and spamming, don't you think i would've been banned by now? :)
Oh, you say my post is too long, then you say all I said was "Smart one Einstein" (which I didn't actually say), so how does that add up? I didn't mean it in a nasty way, and he knows that. It seems only you has thought that.
And I wasn't "Just trying to make a post". I was posting, questioning what he had said, and I didn't mean it nastily.
Good job I don't believe in retaliation votes. :)
RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Rubber Stamp on 08-18-2005 at 04:23 PM

well yea...she was just being a lil sarcastic..wats wrong wid that..and we have gone completely off topic here

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by michael_m91 on 08-18-2005 at 06:30 PM

I already said to get back on topic, we've sorted everything out in PM's and now that im trying to get back on topic... again, does anybody know anymore of those funny spoiler videos like that one that the guy yells out?

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Nathan on 08-18-2005 at 06:50 PM

When I was reading the book for about the tenth time :P It said that his wand hand was black and shriveled up. I looked on the front cover and there´s Dumbledore holding his wand but his hand isnt black and shivrelled up.

P.S I´m writing this from a internet cafe (in spain as i´m on holiday) I´ve been waiting to get on for about 3 hours!

RE: Harry Potter 6 ending, Don't come in if you haven't read it! by Rubber Stamp on 08-18-2005 at 06:59 PM

who really cares bout the cover!!