Shoutbox

My account has been locked - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: My account has been locked (/showthread.php?tid=47788)

My account has been locked by user27089 on 07-19-2005 at 07:58 PM

I just tried to sign in to MSN Messenger for the second time today, and it came up with the following message:

-----
We could not sign you into MSN Messenger because there is a problem with your passport.

Click OK to learn more at the Microsoft Passport Web Site. 81000303
-----

I tried to follow all of the instructions, and it comes up with a 404, telling me the site is no longer there...

The only thing that I know could've happened is that somebody has accessed it without my permission and not know my password. Somebody spoke to me today about an article I wrote about their hosting company, and they wrote my email address in the conversation. I asked them what they did it for, and they said, "you'll see", I'm thinking that this is who did this.

Does anybody know of a way I can access my MSN Messenger, as I will need those contacts if I want to talk to them still :'(.

RE: My account has been locked by Stigmata on 07-19-2005 at 08:00 PM

try again now.

i did owe you at least 1 favour.

RE: My account has been locked by user27089 on 07-19-2005 at 08:10 PM

It was somebody using a program to keep my out of my MSN Messenger, that's what the person told me... He has closed it now though, so it is all okay...

Weird.

RE: My account has been locked by zach on 07-19-2005 at 10:28 PM

So did some random person that you were talking to on MSN say that they could lock you out of MSN so you couldn't log in and it worked? I wonder how they did that...

RE: My account has been locked by Plik on 07-19-2005 at 10:33 PM

This was done to me by cleanfilm when me and leejeffery where owning him when he said he would hack the forums, all they person does is uses a program that constantly trys to log on to your hotmail account using a random password so it locks you out, of course if your not a newb you could do this yourself. Hotmail will lock the account after a certain amount of attempts to prevent your password being bruteforced

RE: My account has been locked by zach on 07-19-2005 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Madman
This was done to me by cleanfilm when me and leejeffery where owning him when he said he would hack the forums, all they person does is uses a program that constantly trys to log on to your hotmail account using a random password so it locks you out, of course if your not a newb you could do this yourself. Hotmail will lock the account after a certain amount of attempts to prevent your password being bruteforced

Ohhk
* zach likes the sound of that idea /sevillaugh

J/k :P
RE: My account has been locked by Pr0xY on 07-20-2005 at 04:11 AM

quote:
all they person does is uses a program that constantly trys to log on to your hotmail account using a random password so it locks you out, of course if your not a newb you could do this yourself.
Sean did this to me right before he got perm banned from here.  He thought he was top shit for being able to do it.  Its actually quiet dodgy...

RE: My account has been locked by Purity on 07-20-2005 at 05:14 AM

quote:
Yeah, that bastard, made a 'plugin' and posted it on msgdiscovery forums, it contained a virus.