Shoutbox

I AVE N EYEDEEA - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: I AVE N EYEDEEA (/showthread.php?tid=47812)

I AVE N EYEDEEA by Pyro on 07-20-2005 at 04:20 AM

I think patchou shoud somehow find out EXACTLY how many people have plu installed and put a thing in the program so he knows... BUT anyway my point is patchou could then put a thing on msgplus.net saying exacty how many people have msgplus installed!

RE: I AVE N EYEDEEA by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 04:26 AM

He has a very close estimate... I mean... who cares how many people exactly have plus installed... Oh wow.. maybe you'll be the 10,000,000th (probably a little off) person to download plus... haha... actually I'm probably alot off... isn't the number near or in the 100,000,000's by Patchous estimates?

RE: I AVE N EYEDEEA by matty on 07-20-2005 at 04:33 AM

More like 5million... not 100million

RE: I AVE N EYEDEEA by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 04:45 AM

But there's like, billions of people in the world right?... then I'm sure at least half of them have the internet... and about half of them have messenger... and about a quarter of them have Plus!... ok... I could be off... haha... I'm gonna look at his numbers quick...... okay... adding up all the numbers he got for the number of users per language http://www.msgplus.net/news.php#72... on that website... I got about 6206000... haha... I read the page wrong originally, that's where I got the 100,000,000's... haha... I thought the Ks were Ms... signifying millions instead of thousands... but! 6.21 million is still quite a bit!

RE: I AVE N EYEDEEA by L. Coyote on 07-20-2005 at 04:52 AM

Also, take note that not every MsgPlus! user has the "send stats" option on.

RE: I AVE N EYEDEEA by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 05:38 AM

Good point... so lets figure around 7 million. But still... YA_MUM's original thing saying Patchou should figure out exactly how many people have Plus... could be kind've pointless.

RE: I AVE N EYEDEEA by Pyro on 07-20-2005 at 07:17 AM

yeah ok, but couldn't he use the "update' feture or sumfing?

RE: I AVE N EYEDEEA by saralk on 07-20-2005 at 10:09 AM

I think he does know how many installs there are pretty accuratly because he has download statistics, and iirc information is sent to patch when someone installs it.

RE: I AVE N EYEDEEA by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 11:57 AM

Yeah... but the download statistics aren't exactly correct either... Some people have to download plus more than once ;)... Like, if they get a new computer, theirs goes haywire and they need to reformat it... Or, if they just thing that reinstalling plus will fix a bug.