Shoutbox

MSN Messenger 7.5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger 7.5 (/showthread.php?tid=47813)

MSN Messenger 7.5 by ShawnZ on 07-20-2005 at 05:39 AM

It's here! :D Only for download by people selected in microsoft connect though :(

[Image: msn75.JPG]

Things new:

From the first couple of minutes of use i saw the dynamic backgrounds which i guess are flash anims like the rest of the dynamic stuff,
and Voice Clips which let you record a short clip and send it to your contact

The new AV tuning wizard in 162:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=500814]

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 05:40 AM

Where? I haven't seen anything.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by ShawnZ on 07-20-2005 at 05:41 AM

Its only avaible to microsoft connect users that got an invite. But im sure it will leak soon (and dont look at me for anything :dodgy:).

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 05:42 AM

AWWW MAN! haha... It looks so cool too!

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by doughboyy on 07-20-2005 at 05:43 AM

im surprised that it hasnt been on mess.be yet and also to anyone that reads this thread, no posting of the leaked beta is allowed on these forums :D

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Pr0xY on 07-20-2005 at 05:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Only for download by people selected in microsoft connect though
And if your invited by one of those beta testers...

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 05:44 AM

I give it about 2 days until it gets put on mess.be ;)

EDIT: Is Plus still compatible?

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by ShawnZ on 07-20-2005 at 05:46 AM

I'd give it 2 hours :/ :P

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by doughboyy on 07-20-2005 at 05:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl

EDIT: Is Plus still compatible?

yes, plus is compatible with the new beta build

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by dylan! on 07-20-2005 at 05:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PrOxY
shawnz...care to invite the forums?:P(A)...then it wouldnt be illegal
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 05:50 AM

Ahh good good... Plus still works with the beta... Hmm... Somebody should PM me when it's on mess.be... haha... It's almost 1 in the morning and I don't want to wait all that while and keep having to check ;)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by doughboyy on 07-20-2005 at 05:50 AM

well right now, there are no invites? at least i cant find them and we'd prob only get a few

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by ShawnZ on 07-20-2005 at 05:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dylan!
quote:
Originally posted by PrOxY
shawnz...care to invite the forums?:P(A)...then it wouldnt be illegal

tbh no

ive uploaded it to my server but of course its chmodded to 700 :D
but now shady has a copy :dodgy: dont leak biatch! :P
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Hank on 07-20-2005 at 06:22 AM

more bloat!!..who wants dynamic background images,, another idea stolen from yahoo

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Pr0xY on 07-20-2005 at 06:25 AM

quote:
ive uploaded it to my server but of course its chmodded to 700 :D
You do know the new Microsoft Connect download system imprints your Microsoft Connect information on the actual EXE?

quote:
Originally posted by doughboyy
well right now, there are no invites? at least i cant find them and we'd prob only get a few
Oh lord... next thing you know we'll have people with sigs... "PM me if you want a Msn Messenger 7.5 beta invite"  And people will be doing favors, and there will be contests started on the forums, and of course mess.be will have something like they did for the Gmail invites (which I actually won :D ). 

* Pr0xY hides from the crazyness
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by dylan! on 07-20-2005 at 06:28 AM

stiggy:P....friend...pal...mate....you could always give it to me to test for you?....or you could invite me to help you out

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Stigmata on 07-20-2005 at 06:29 AM

You do know that invites dont work like that?

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by dylan! on 07-20-2005 at 06:30 AM

um...obviously not:P

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Stigmata on 07-20-2005 at 06:30 AM

:P

well dont ask for something you dont know anything about :)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by ShawnZ on 07-20-2005 at 06:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
XP

Works fine on.. er.. Windows '6.0' :P

But since the ssl is broked you cant sign in on build 5048
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Stigmata on 07-20-2005 at 06:32 AM

bad quoting.

anyway, from what i have seen, i am happy with the build...

all i can say is bad luck to patchou :(

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Hank on 07-20-2005 at 06:49 AM

whats the Mem usage  on this build?

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Eljay on 07-20-2005 at 06:55 AM

is it just me or are those dynamic backgrounds THEE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER?

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by ShawnZ on 07-20-2005 at 06:56 AM

its definatly not just you.

Look at the damn scrollbar! look how tiny it makes the window!

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Hank on 07-20-2005 at 07:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

is it just me or are those dynamic backgrounds THEE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER?

another reason ,,M$  dont listen to its users , yahoo may aswell own msn messenger
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by doughboyy on 07-20-2005 at 07:04 AM

the voice clip feature isnt that good either as you really cant do anything except speak into your mic or record music using your mic. plus lets you take music files and lets you keep them for easy use

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Purity on 07-20-2005 at 08:01 AM

quote:
and Voice Clips which let you record a short clip and send it to your contact
ummmm, almost makes patchous feature useless..... Or does this have to do with patchous idea in redmon or w.e?
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by doughboyy on 07-20-2005 at 08:12 AM

well patchou's feature as i said is better because in msn 7.5, you can only get bad quality sound clips(which i suggest against doing) or speak into it though i dont see what the point of having it is. you can speak into a mic instead

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Hank on 07-20-2005 at 08:14 AM

hate to say this, but yahoo or going back to ICQ or trillian sounds better to me

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Eljay on 07-20-2005 at 09:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
aww, that looks awesome :(

its not, it sux, dynamic backgrounds are just as dodgy as i first thought and the only new thing i like is the new sign in window
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Matti on 07-20-2005 at 09:23 AM

I agree with Lee Jeffery, but the login window looks better then the 7.0 one. :)
And the voice clip idea is stolen from Patchou... if it has the same features! :(

Let's w8 untill it's released... ;)

(offtopic: congrats with ur 1400 posts, Lee! :D)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Shezi on 07-20-2005 at 09:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
aww, that looks awesome :(

its not, it sux, dynamic backgrounds are just as dodgy as i first thought and the only new thing i like is the new sign in window
there may the option for choosing the static background.... as the display pictures are....

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by John Anderton on 07-20-2005 at 09:48 AM

Yeah you could select one of us but that person shouldnt break the chain :dodgy: 1 invite per person i think *-) so :D
But that could be dodgy :P
So good luck to all the people who got invites .... i would love to test it ..... i joined beta testing for testing such stuff ;) (Windows Server 03 :()

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by mwe99 on 07-20-2005 at 12:33 PM

Yay it looks good for testing anyways

Happy Testing!

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 01:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trini
And there is no 'Always sign in as' anymore

That's one of my favorite features on MSN Messenger now! Grr! Oh well... It's pretty easy for people to make plug-ins and patches for that isn't it?
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Re-Mi on 07-20-2005 at 01:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trini
The dynamic backgrounds s***, they make the text area in convo-window 1/3 smaller. And there is no 'Always sign in as' anymore :(

[Image: msnmessenger75-signin.jpg]

there is a auto sign in just use it with the name you always sign in with because off that i didn't even notice when i first started 7.5 that is was changed
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by M73A on 07-20-2005 at 01:56 PM

i dont like the new sign in screw :(!!

and theres more info on mess now:

quote:
Originally posted by mess.be

Thought it was gooseberry season in the MSN Messenger universe? Think again, a new MSN Messenger BETA has been released to selected BETA-testers, including KebecoiS and sk8michael who were so kind to provide us with the first-ever screenshots of MSN Messenger 7.5.0160. The bug/feature/leak-hunting season has opened, y'all!

First screens first, the sign in screen has been redesigned. If you tick the Remember Me option, it will show your MSN Display Picture and automatically fill in your e-mail address. There are separate options for saving your password as well, or sign in instanteneously altogether.

Not much changes in the main window: the Add a Contact has been replaced at the top of the Contact List (rendering the bottom "I want to" actions pane obsolete) and the My Space button is now titled My MSN Space.

msn messenger voice clipsArriving in the conversation window, the Webcam and Audio buttons are now renamed to Video & Voice and the Video button also has a new symbol. A completely new feature we announced before are the Voice Clips, which enable you to send voice messages (or whatever you sample, really) by holding the button (or hold F2) and recording through your microphone. Yelling your contact's name sounds like a good alternative to the Nudge button. Obviously, this feature only works if both contacts own MSN Messenger 7.5. msn voice clipsUPDATE: Voice clips can last up to 15 seconds, but their quality can be rather mediocre depending on the input. Luckily, they do not automatically playback when received and you need to press the Play button first.

Bloat-alert: just like MSN Display Pictures, conversation window backgrounds can now be dynamic. While I have yet to see it in action, I can imagine many an epilepsy seizure caused by these Dynamic Backgrounds. I don't think anyone was waiting for this feature, but according to KebecoiS: "the animation is more pleasant [than Winks], the text color matches it so you can still see it clearly and it's not just annoying". Two Dynamic Backgrounds from Blue Mountain are included in this BETA. One has a fish swimming, the other shows world clocks (though according to Mini-Me the times shown on the clocks are not accurate, screenshot by sinuz). UPDATE: Want to see them in action? Here's a a video preview of Dynamic Backgrounds. As reported by SAM and balupton, free animated backgrounds can be downloaded here.

Digging further, the Connection TroubleShooter is said to be more comprehensive. In the Security options you can now chose to disable hyperlinks in conversations (a protection against IM worms), disable Voice Clips and allow MSN Messenger to fire up a conversation window if you click a link in your web browser (the conversation link feature has likely been reinstated for use on MSN Spaces). And in the Alerts and Sounds options, you can define a sound to be played when invited to an audio conversation. UPDATE: By default, it's two times a classic phone ring.

Finally, some bad news for the pre-XP generation. According to XxRebelSeanxX on the forum, the MSN Messenger 7.5 setup only supports Windows XP. There's a small chance that this issue is limited to the BETA.

UPDATE: The MSN Messenger 7.5 BETA-period will take place approximately six weeks during July and August. That's a final release in September, then?

UPDATE 2: Several screenshots and facts have been added. Check the above post for the word UPDATE. Keep checking the news as we continuously update.

UPDATE 3: Quick facts...
- Messenger Plus!, CustoMess and IEDP 2 are all compatible with 7.5. The release of a Mess Patch for 7.5.0106 is still uncertain and depends on the demand.
- The Busy nudger bug is still present, as is the .pif group conversation kicker.
- The chat area of the conversation window now comes with a slightly gradient background.
- In the same conversation window, a tiny webcam icon underneath the Display Picture reveals whether the contact has installed a webcam (reported by Huuf).
- When you apply a Dynamic Background the Nudge sound will change according to the background's theme (reported by SAM). Sometimes a Nudge is even accompanied by a Wink-sort-of animation.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by matty on 07-20-2005 at 02:50 PM

The "Sign in as" will works the same way. Haven't tested it that much but i think if you have the remember me option checked it will remember your status you have choosen to signin with.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 03:57 PM

Blah... the more I hear, the less I like... dynamic backgrounds... I wouldn't be suprised if they start to make you pay for it... If they don't already... They might as well make a monthly subscription fee... I mean come on...

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 04:03 PM

The sound feature is just a rip-off of Patchou's... And it doesn't sound half as good because you can't pull the sounds out of sound files on your computer... You need a microphone to use it according to what I've seen... Haha... and for people without microphones (me)... we'd be screwed.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by guanako on 07-20-2005 at 04:31 PM

just posted at mess.be more updates of it !!!

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by rix on 07-20-2005 at 05:04 PM

I know, the world is moving on and so does the technology, but the price of qualited technology for usual user is pretty high up here.

Only thing I don't like here is that coming release is only for XP. Luckily, I have XP installed, but this damn comp is so old that even 7.0.0816 get's slow. What shall I do with new 7.5 then? It would be a reasonable for Microsoft to allow users to use 6.2 version as well....

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Lt.Col.DraGon on 07-20-2005 at 05:04 PM

Hey guys, i can't believe this... My MSN Messenger 7.5 is taking like 100 mb memory , 7.0 only took like 20, how can this be possible?

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Stigmata on 07-20-2005 at 05:05 PM

ive been told it takes less the 7.0 :S

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by ShawnZ on 07-20-2005 at 07:34 PM

Nope, Lt is right, takes up much more

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by doughboyy on 07-20-2005 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Blah... the more I hear, the less I like... dynamic backgrounds... I wouldn't be suprised if they start to make you pay for it... If they don't already... They might as well make a monthly subscription fee... I mean come on...

well its like the winks. theres a few that are free but the rest, you have to buy from bluemountain
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by steVenB on 07-20-2005 at 09:22 PM

I couldn't even sign on with 7.5 BETA. Oh well, I guess I have to wait for the final release. :@

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Dan0208 on 07-20-2005 at 09:50 PM

Now there will just be more for A-Patch to take out as i can see the novelty of these new 'features' wearing out very quickly..

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by buzz on 07-21-2005 at 01:36 AM

omfg still no handwritting in message history!:(
so far nothing is that impressive. As for the new log in screen i think the picture is kinda a waste of space and makes the while login process slower. i like that they made it easy for msn to "forget"your username and pw
---ahh damn betas,my space crashes msn :(

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by steVenB on 07-21-2005 at 01:48 AM

Does anyone know why im having problems connecting with the BETA? I have no issues with the latest version of 7.0.

RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by guanako on 07-21-2005 at 01:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steVenB
Does anyone know why im having problems connecting with the BETA? I have no issues with the latest version of 7.0.

Mhnnnnn....*-)is a BETA so it wont work for everyone:P
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by qgroessl on 07-21-2005 at 02:05 AM

Eh, well... did somebody figure out if there was a way to just have a plain background instead of the dynamic junk? If you have to have dynamic backgrounds I don't think I'll update when the time comes... My computer is slow enough as it is, a useless feature like that doesn't have to slow it some more.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Curtis on 07-21-2005 at 03:06 AM

I got it, it has been posted on mess.be, the thing that I'm worried about is if they pay attention to who logs on with it and they might ban people who weren't accepted into the beta.  Oh well, too late now.

RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by zach on 07-21-2005 at 08:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
hate to say this, but yahoo or going back to ICQ or trillian sounds better to me

Yeah :( I'm downloading trillian now to try it out...
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Pyro on 07-21-2005 at 09:06 AM

somebody better tell the apatch people to get to work!

I DONT WANT ADDS ON MINE!

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Hank on 07-21-2005 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YA_MUM

be Patient,, it aint even out  in its final release yet, so hush

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Zephyr on 07-21-2005 at 11:07 AM

quote:

Um.. its already out in BETA. http://apatch.tk/  :)
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Shezi on 07-21-2005 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
quote:

Um.. its already out in BETA. http://apatch.tk/  :)
i m getting errors with this patch. :S

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Hank on 07-21-2005 at 11:21 AM

expect errors with a Beta :-P

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by J.J on 07-21-2005 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi

i m getting errors with this patch.:S

Well theres no text what-so-ever on the patch for me O_o

No text, just boxes to tick...:undecided:

I'll just wait for mess patch
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Shezi on 07-21-2005 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
quote:

i m getting errors with this patch.:S

Well theres no text what-so-ever on the patch for me O_o

No text, just boxes to tick...:undecided:

I'll just wait for mess patch
did u downloaded that a-patch from http://www.a-patch.tk/ ^o)
well mess patch is also on its way and scheduled to be release today.. ;) u can wait for that also .. :)

edit
as fas as my problem concern.. it is fixed now..
* Shezi is playing with msn msngr 7.5 .. :P
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by John Anderton on 07-21-2005 at 03:29 PM

quote:
* Shezi is playing with msn msngr 7.5 ..
i heard people are having problems signing in :(
any news ?
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by guanako on 07-21-2005 at 04:56 PM

NP here, patched(Apatch) it and everything works good but im back to 7.0 now :D

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Patchés on 07-21-2005 at 05:07 PM

I logged in fine. The only thing that annoyed me on the Sign in window is the way that if you stretch the window, the links look funny. Otherwise, all good stuff. :)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by ~INVASION~ on 07-21-2005 at 05:10 PM

been hearing that the consequences could be pretty bad if you use this version, any of that true?

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Patchés on 07-21-2005 at 05:19 PM

I don't know, but I have uninstalled it until it reaches public BETA.

Edit - I only installed it in the first place to see what the new GUI was like in a pratical sense. I do not condone the use of leaked BETA software anymore. :)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Plan-1130 on 07-21-2005 at 06:22 PM

Errrr, Stuffplug gives an error, and makes MSN 7.5 shutdown :'(

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by qgroessl on 07-21-2005 at 06:25 PM

You probably already ahve the newest PLUS!... haha... They haven't updated it since like, April or May? If your thinking one came out with the release of MSN 7.5... they didn't update plus for it yet because plus is still compatible.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by mwe99 on 07-21-2005 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
Errrr, Stuffplug gives an error, and makes MSN 7.5 shutdown :'(
Oh, and btw, where can ifind the newest MsgPlus! Beta?!

Okay, StuffPlug ignore feature doesn't work. The new MsgPlus! Beta, is not available yet, and I doubt it will be publically available. Patchou has a team of Beta testers, who it will be there job. The newest Plus, Messenger Plus! 3.54.132
released May 23rd 2005 is available for download from: http://www.msgplus.net/download.php

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by EvilSeph on 07-21-2005 at 06:56 PM

*sigh* all you people having problems with MSN Messenger 7.5, stop using it. If you are a beta tester, you should be shot. You are not allowed to discuss it in here and those that know the solutions to your problems will *not* assist, so stop asking. MSN Messenger 7.5 is a BETA for a reason.

Now stop using it unless you're a tester or keep quiet about the many problems you'll face using it. No one's listening - at least no one that matters and no one that can help you will help you.

If you haven't gotten my point yet, I'll be blunt.

STOP USING LEAKED BUILDS OF MSN MESSENGER 7.5 and then saying it's so CRAP. It's a freaking BETA, it's not meant to be perfect or stable. A BETA is meant to be tested. The TEAM OF BETA TESTERS is meant to find bugs and report them, not you. Now stop complaining about bugs and instability or the inability to sign in. It's a BETA, go-freaking-figure!

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by V-Brake on 07-22-2005 at 03:19 AM

couldnt agree more w/ evilseph.....
and about the dyn bgs, it only diminishes the area for the clock one, the other it's the same thing, and i thought it was really cool.....if u r complaining just go back to the 'full' one.....:P no one's forcing anything

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Zephyr on 07-22-2005 at 12:10 PM

The BETA has been updated slightly from 7.5.0160 to 7.5.0162 as posted on mess.be.

quote:
Originally posted by mess.be

MSN Messenger 7.5 BETA updated to 0162: new Audio/Video wizard
dwergs says:

Two days after the first private MSN Messenger 7.5 BETA, Microsoft already issued a new build to its English testers numbered 0162. The only change is said to be a (visually) improved Audio and Video setup.

Before you ask, the new build hasn't been leaked yet.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Patchés on 07-22-2005 at 02:11 PM

7.5.0.162 has been leaked [not by me], I have sent the news to Mess.be under the name "Mr. Messenger"

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Patchés on 07-22-2005 at 02:21 PM

I know. It was leaked by someone called BGood who has just joined True-Betas.com he showed screenshots of him uploading it. :P

Microsoft really need to start protecting there private BETAs, maybe a serial or something, I don't know.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Patchés on 07-22-2005 at 02:37 PM

I don't know, I installed it to check what the new feature was like, it was good, uninstalled now, back to good 'ole 7.0.0816. :)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Zephyr on 07-22-2005 at 05:36 PM

Mess patch has now been released for the new MSN Messenger BETA.

See http://www.mess.be/

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by mwe99 on 07-22-2005 at 05:41 PM

quote:

290 days, 6 hours, 22 minutes

Finally removes that annoying add a contact at the top.

Thanks for that monster.rat
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Zephyr on 07-22-2005 at 05:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
quote:

290 days, 6 hours, 22 minutes

Thanks for that monster.rat

Yep and you can if you want move it to the little bar where the email, MSN today and MSN Spaces buttons are. It's actually got some nice new features.
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by jameslives on 07-22-2005 at 05:58 PM

i cant sign in at all :(
crappy betas

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Zephyr on 07-22-2005 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jameslives
crappy betas

That's why they are BETAs. This isn't the final release of the version. There are bound to be bugs and things not working. This BETA stage is to find these bugs so the final release hopefully in September will be really good.
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Patchés on 07-22-2005 at 09:30 PM

Also guys, I was mistaken, I used the name The Messenger instead of Mr. Messenger.... I need to sort out a name I am going to use.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by John Anderton on 07-23-2005 at 01:14 AM

I had a problem too to sign in when i 1st got it .... i didnt use it for a few days then i tried again. As it turned out my system clock wasnt up to date (another story ;)) so it wouldnt let me ... i changed it and voila :)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Hank on 07-23-2005 at 01:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99

personally i dont mind it, prefer that than a animated thing there,
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Purity on 07-23-2005 at 05:03 AM

They shout have it so certain usernames can use it.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Slack2116 on 07-23-2005 at 06:12 AM

the newest version of MessPatch doesnt work with it though :(
0160 is the newest MP.  and 0162 is the leaked version.

RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by liam_nufc on 07-23-2005 at 06:19 AM

I personally havent had one problem with this leaked msn version.

I've managed to successfully:

-install it
-modify it using mess patch
-have my music playing through winamp
-ive even skinned it using the new wave 11 glass even though it says it isnt supposed to be for this version (new buttons, dynamic backgrounds etc arent showing but dont care as I dont use them anyway)

(H)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by find_your_spot on 07-23-2005 at 08:44 AM

i can sign in.. but can't start any conversation :(

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by John Anderton on 07-23-2005 at 09:36 AM

Imo .... dont use leaked betas .... avoid it :-/

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Plan-1130 on 07-23-2005 at 12:52 PM

I think u can use private BETAs, but u shud be aware of the things tha can happen, it's ur own responsibility what happens with ur computer if u use a private beta.
And what i said: it's crap, but i was aware of it...
I was just telling i cudn't sign in, mab others wud avoid using it...8-)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by John Anderton on 07-23-2005 at 12:55 PM

you should never try brivate beta's (imo) cause they are unpredictable. Why dont you just wait for a month or two for it to be released apart from the fact that its illegal to use it :-/

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Plan-1130 on 07-23-2005 at 01:10 PM

There's a lot of things tha aren't legal...
read this (stole this from TSRh, and edited a bit):

now,  you  are  a part of the game, too. all your personal qualities
have  been  logged  and  u  can't exit untill your death. its game of
information...  someone  call it illegal, someone can't agree with it
or  tries to deny it, it makes one disappoint, or happy. (...)
the crime of the most enthusiasts  is  that  of curiosity(...)
you  can't  even  imagine,  and it gives them pleasure, it gives them
knowledge...
(...)
nevertheless its just a game...

if freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom

I think they have a point at this...
It's not that i want everyone to agree with this, but it's reality, ppl will always do illegal things, it inside humans, it is human. Some humans won't do it, but everybody want's it...

Although i think that if u want to do those things, u shudn't be on these forums...
There's enough of forums where u can...

*changes back to 7.0.0813 (A)*

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by absorbation on 07-23-2005 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plan-1130
*changes back to 7.0.0813 *

7.0.0816 is the lastest version. Plus i dont use it becuase of skins and skinning :P

and my msn crashes with dymanic backgrounds and display pictures :S
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Tasha on 07-23-2005 at 01:43 PM

I installed it, and didn't really like it for some reason. Maybe it's that Add Contact thingy at the top. *-) So anyway, I un-installed it, because it's bound to be unstable, as it is a Private BETA, and i'm not using it because it's illegal. tbh, I wasn't sure whether to trust it or not because it jumped so quick from 7.0 to 7.5, so yeah...

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by John Anderton on 07-23-2005 at 01:48 PM

For whats it worth, microsoft released an update to 7.5.0160 in 7.5.0162
Nothing much but a build bump + a new audio/ video tuning thing :P

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Patchés on 07-23-2005 at 01:57 PM

They can change the build number even if they were to replace a couple of Graphics. Everytime the software changes, so does the build number.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by John Anderton on 07-23-2005 at 01:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Max
They can change the build number even if they were to replace a couple of Graphics. Everytime the software changes, so does the build number.
Yea thats what i mean *-)
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by ShawnZ on 07-23-2005 at 02:53 PM

The new AV tuning wizard in 162:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=500814]

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Plan-1130 on 07-23-2005 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Max
That seems quite obvious to me... ^o)
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Patchés on 07-23-2005 at 03:04 PM

I know it is to many, but not to all. :)

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by huwnet on 07-23-2005 at 07:56 PM

7.5 is great.

Hopefully 7.5 will go final soon so that a msgplus update is released and my boss protection bug is fixed

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by ShawnZ on 07-23-2005 at 08:03 PM

You all have to be joking, msn 7.5 is a peice of S H I T

so much damn bloat and useless features! plus the sign in window is ugly now too :/

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Plan-1130 on 07-23-2005 at 08:21 PM

I think many people will disagree with that...
Although i agree with you...

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Patchés on 07-23-2005 at 08:26 PM

From what I can see, the only problem with the changes is the Add Contact bar being moved, also the fact that if you stretch the Contact Window, then a link on the sign in page is moved and looks ugly. However, it looks all good to me [I have used it, my Grandfather's neighbour has it, as he is an Official Microsoft Beta Tester :)].

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Poom on 07-24-2005 at 03:59 AM

I like the new sign in interface and most of the things. The voiceclip thing is convenient. What I dislike is how they moved the add a contact thing up there. They also added a "Get a webcam" link under my DP. Those are the two main dislikes. :/ The new video button looks ok, but seems worse than the old one. I also want the webcam button at the right side of my contact's name, not under my contact's DP. They kinda made the DP frame larger and more ugly.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by lordy on 07-24-2005 at 09:56 PM

i have seen that 'get a webcam' link under my DP every time i start a webcam thingo, i thought it'd always bin there... i still get it and im not using the new BETA

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by net-cruizer on 07-25-2005 at 12:56 AM

I really like the 7.5 version. Even though nothing has really changed, I still like it way more for some reason.
Definitely works better, seems to use wayyy less system resources, and I like how the "Add Contact" button is at the top. Normally when it was at the bottom I always removed it.
The Voice feature is neat but I doubt I'd use it much, but oh well, it's not like it adds any bloat.
Anyways, great improvement over verion 7.0, and I definitely haven't found it to be buggy, but then again, why should it be, it's not like anything has changed magorly from 7.0, so it really shouldn't be buggy.

RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Hank on 07-25-2005 at 05:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by net-cruizer
The Voice feature is neat

it is if ya a kid maybe, but for older people, like myself,  who dont use it will find it useless.
RE: RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by lordy on 07-25-2005 at 05:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:
Originally posted by net-cruizer
The Voice feature is neat

it is if ya a kid maybe, but for older people, like myself,  who dont use it will find it useless.

it really is obviously a matter of opinion, i personally wouldnt use it, but others might find it useful
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Hank on 07-25-2005 at 06:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16

it really is obviously a matter of opinion, i personally wouldnt use it, but others might find it useful

thats true . now dynamic backgrounds , nothing more annoying than seeing flying crap in a chat window .. i never use them in yahoo so i wont use them in msn, but hey kiddies will like it, i wont
RE: MSN Messenger 7.5 by Plan-1130 on 08-16-2005 at 10:03 PM

I don't wanna get offensive, but you can't create a program perfect suited for everyone.
Unneccesary things will always remain...
And btw, i got 7.5 working, and it look pretty good i think, much 3D-kinda things. Not as 2D shitty as Trillian.
The voice feature works with my Wave-output thing too, so ppl can listnen with me (for a couple of seconds). Very useful since u can't sing with ur keyboard if u wanna get someone remembering the melody a song :D.
And the MsgPlus! feature version of it, there's waaay too much sounds to ever find it back, u can't realy find something back.

Another great thing is the fact than the size of the input-textfield now is independed to the size of your own DP.