Shoutbox

Can't start conversation after A-patching messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can't start conversation after A-patching messenger (/showthread.php?tid=47833)

Can't start conversation after A-patching messenger by Jesus on 07-20-2005 at 02:59 PM

I just A-patched my messenger and after doing so, I'm having the same problem as many people who installed the handwriting plugin:
If I try to open a conversation window I get the following error:

"Het is niet mogelijk een gesprek te starten met (contact). Probeer het opnieuw."

which is dutch for:
"We were unable to start conversation with (contact) you may want to try again."

I do NOT have the handwriting plugin, I DO have the ink redistributables.
MSN Messenger 7.0.813
Msg PLUS! 3.54.132
     NickMem
     Phoenix
     StuffPlug-NG
     Window Management
A-patch 1.2.0

RE: Can't start conversation after A-patching messenger by Veggie on 07-20-2005 at 03:02 PM

try unpatching msn, and see if the problem persists.

RE: Can't start conversation after A-patching messenger by Jesus on 07-20-2005 at 04:25 PM

After I unpatched it, the problem disappeared. After repatching, it was there again.

fortunately, I have found the solution: I only needed to update/reinstall messenger and re-patch...
could be because I've applied MessPatch before.
now I've applied A-patch first, and after that some functions of MessPatch which A-patch doesn't have and it all works fine:)

RE: Can't start conversation after A-patching messenger by Zephyr on 07-20-2005 at 04:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
After I unpatched it, the problem disappeared. After repatching, it was there again.

fortunately, I have found the solution: I only needed to update/reinstall messenger and re-patch...
could be because I've applied MessPatch before.
now I've applied A-patch first, and after that some functions of MessPatch which A-patch doesn't have and it all works fine:)

Well, both patches say that a clean version of MSN Messenger is needed for the patches to work properly. If you have use both patches, make sure you don't use two features which are very similar or to do with the same part of MSN Messenger as this could mess up MSN and prevent certain features to work.
RE: Can't start conversation after A-patching messenger by albert on 07-20-2005 at 07:06 PM

I'd simply like to remind you that patching msn messenger infrigates Microsoft's term of use of MSN Messenger.. so it is "illegal" to pacth msn messenger. That said, have a good day :)

RE: Can't start conversation after A-patching messenger by Sypher on 07-20-2005 at 09:14 PM

Hello,

I also had the same problem.. It is because you are using a DUTCH MSN :)

You selected something that has been patched, but wasn't patched correctly because it wasn't an english MSGSLANG.DLL...

I think it was something "status from tray" or something like that... Now I don't use that anymore and it works..

Ow and.. multiple patches never worked good for me....

Succes d'r mee en laat maar weten als je wat meer wil weten (PM me als je in Nederlands verder wil..anders kan je hier verder maar dan moet het Engels zijn :))