Shoutbox

Two-way Dual-LCD Display - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Two-way Dual-LCD Display (/showthread.php?tid=47855)

Two-way Dual-LCD Display by shine on 07-20-2005 at 11:23 PM

Heard about that? I dint want to put this in Tech thread. I just wanted to know what you guys would do with it :drool:

Sharp Corporation and Sharp Laboratories of Europe, Ltd. have developed a new LCD, which can simultaneously display different information and image content in right and left views in a single unit by directionally controlling the viewing angle of the LCD. This feature makes it possible to provide information and content tailored to specific users depending on the angle at which they view the screen. Volume production of the LCD will begin in July 2005, marking the introduction of the world's first practical application of this technology
http://www.audioholics.com/news/pressreleases/SharpdualLCDdisplay.php

RE: Two-way Dual-LCD Display by gif83 on 07-20-2005 at 11:28 PM

so in theory you could make a screen show pictures in 3d from a certain position ;)

RE: Two-way Dual-LCD Display by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 11:31 PM

Yeah! I saw that on one of the news alerts on Yahoo!... Thought it looked pretty sweet... But! You know how much those things are gonna cost? Let's see here... Plasma's cost how much? Probably multiply that by like 3 and you'll have the price of these... Technology is too expensive! But still way cool!

RE: Two-way Dual-LCD Display by Zephyr on 07-20-2005 at 11:31 PM

My friend was just telling me about this yesterday. It's really cool.

This picture looks wierd.

[Image: SharpdualLCDdisplay.gif]

RE: Two-way Dual-LCD Display by shine on 07-20-2005 at 11:54 PM

It costs twice the normal LCD TV price

RE: Two-way Dual-LCD Display by qgroessl on 07-20-2005 at 11:58 PM

Heh, heh... :o I kind've figured it would cost more than that... I mean... What kind've thing like that doesn't cost 3000 bucks nowadays :p... but haha... I guess maybe sometimes the price is lower for cooler things ;)... Now all's I need is like a 200 sale on PSP's :p... haha.