Shoutbox

London Explosions (2) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: London Explosions (2) (/showthread.php?tid=47893)

London Explosions (2) by mwe99 on 07-21-2005 at 04:18 PM

Well it happend again ...

London has seen four small blasts and three tube stations have been evacuated but police have said they are not treating this as a major incident

Reports also say there has been a nail bomb at the station, and that emergency services personnel wearing chemical suits have gone into the station. Armed police are reported to have cordoned off and to have entered University College Hospital in central London, near to Warren Street.

http://www.yahoo.co.uk
http://www.skynews.co.uk
http://www.bbc.co.uk

RE: London Explosions (2) by user27089 on 07-21-2005 at 04:19 PM

I was watching it on the television today in ICT GNVQ.

RE: London Explosions (2) by mwe99 on 07-21-2005 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

I only just heard about now :$ i was asleep
RE: London Explosions (2) by qgroessl on 07-21-2005 at 04:22 PM

Good news is... this is nothing compared to the last set of explosions... Thank God for that!... Damn terrorists.

EDIT: I thought I was dreaming... like, of the day the first set went off... Because I had just woken up and it was on the television.

RE: London Explosions (2) by mwe99 on 07-21-2005 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
Good news is... this is nothing compared to the last set of explosions... Thank God for that!... Damn terrorists.

Yeah and so far they only confirm one person injured, personally I thought it would happen again sometime , and it's probably gonna happen again
RE: London Explosions (2) by Rubber Stamp on 07-21-2005 at 04:24 PM

yeah damn terrorist....wish the bomb exploded in their own hands!!!!

RE: London Explosions (2) by qgroessl on 07-21-2005 at 04:25 PM

Well... it's inevitable that it's going to happen again... But I didn't think they'd do the same exact thing... There were originally reports of it just being a copycat trying to make it seem like terrorists though... Have those stories been denied by the government and that?.... I'm suprised they're still doing it in London too... I figured they'd move and go somewhere else to terrorize more of the world.

RE: London Explosions (2) by Rubber Stamp on 07-21-2005 at 04:26 PM

ever heard of Kashmir??

RE: London Explosions (2) by mwe99 on 07-21-2005 at 04:26 PM

An internal memo to staff at the hospital warned them to be on the lookout for a black male, possibly of Asian origin, about 6ft 2ins tall, wearing a blue top with wires protruding from the rear of the top.

(they seem pretty sure who they're after)

Also he was either a sloppy bomb maker, or just wanted to scare people.

RE: London Explosions (2) by Stigmata on 07-21-2005 at 04:37 PM

quote:

they stopped the cricket for a breaking news story..
RE: London Explosions (2) by Rubber Stamp on 07-21-2005 at 04:40 PM

cricket.....whose match??

RE: London Explosions (2) by RaceProUK on 07-21-2005 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I thought it would happen again sometime , and it's probably gonna happen again
With the fact that you just can't secure a public transport system like London's, it's not surprising.
RE: London Explosions (2) by Rubber Stamp on 07-21-2005 at 04:59 PM

but the bombers frm last time were caught and killed, werent they?

RE: London Explosions (2) by RaceProUK on 07-21-2005 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
They were suicide bombers. And we don't use capital punishment in the UK.

Edit: Simulpost, mwe99?
RE: London Explosions (2) by Stigmata on 07-21-2005 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
quote:
they stopped the cricket for a breaking news story..
quote:
cricket.....whose match??

the ashes, we watched it in ict gvnq
RE: London Explosions (2) by user27089 on 07-21-2005 at 05:37 PM

quote:

They were shot down yes.
RE: London Explosions (2) by qgroessl on 07-21-2005 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
An internal memo to staff at the hospital warned them to be on the lookout for a black male, possibly of Asian origin, about 6ft 2ins tall, wearing a blue top with wires protruding from the rear of the top.

(they seem pretty sure who they're after)

Also he was either a sloppy bomb maker, or just wanted to scare people

Anybody who's got wires sticking outta their shirt unless their in a fancy suit and are part of the Secret Service or something like that... is bound to be somewhat suspicous don't ya think? :p...
RE: London Explosions (2) by mwe99 on 07-21-2005 at 06:02 PM

quote:

and are part of the Secret Service or something like that

lol secret service? or security service (MI5), why would the terrorist work for MI5 lol, it was either an extreme way to scare people and prove it can be done, or it just failed.

RE: London Explosions (2) by qgroessl on 07-21-2005 at 06:04 PM

haha no no no! I didn't mean work for them... I'm saying that didn't you say something about the suspect having wires coming from them ;)... I'm saying that if you saw somebody with wires coming from the back of their shirt you'd probably stay away! :p....

But! Like, Secret Service (United States) or MI5... haha they're like the same thing I think, they'd have funky comunication systems that you'd be able to recognize them by...

RE: London Explosions (2) by saralk on 07-21-2005 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
And we don't use capital punishment in the UK.

up untill 1998 you could still be executed for treason.

quote:
wish the bomb exploded in their own hands!!!!

they are suicide bombers, they hope the bomb explodes in their own hands too :/

I think that we will have to be on constant guard. It is all to easy for people to make home brew bombs and walk onto a train. It would be completely impracticle to put metal/bomb detectors at every train/tube station. So we are going to have to accept that London is a huge target for terrorists.
RE: London Explosions (2) by mwe99 on 07-21-2005 at 06:23 PM

quote:

But! Like, Secret Service (United States) or MI5... haha they're like the same thing I think, they'd have funky comunication systems that you'd be able to recognize them by...

Nope usually MI5 'agents' or surveillance teams are usually covert.

RE: London Explosions (2) by Anubis on 07-21-2005 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Nope usually MI5 'agents' or surveillance teams are usually covert.
Yeah, they are very good, the biggest slip up of the last year was that one agent left his laptop at a party...apart from that, they are great.
RE: London Explosions (2) by mwe99 on 07-21-2005 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Yeah, they are very good, the biggest slip up of the last year was that one agent left his laptop at a party...apart from that, they are great.

lol didn't hear about that, you think they'd still be on high alert after 2 weeks ago though... too much time spending in their basement gym :P

RE: London Explosions (2) by Dane on 07-21-2005 at 08:10 PM

Well, I watched the ABC News Special Report all morning on it and am thoroughly sick of seeing breaking news now.  Anyway, to say the least, London is insecure :(.

RE: London Explosions (2) by Zephyr on 07-21-2005 at 10:08 PM

I went out, not to central london, but to a funeral of someone i know, and there was another friend there who didn't go to work because of the funeral. He gets the number 26 bus everyday to work, but wouldn't have been on it at that time, but still he was quite shaken up. Then if that wasn't bad enough, there was another bomb left outside the door of the place he works at. He works for BT in london.

We didn't really think much about it at the time as we were sad enough at the funeral, but afterwards it was really scary.

I've just got back so i don't know much about it, but i hope noone here on the forums were affected by the bombs and my thoughts are with the families and the injured.

I'm meant to be going into london at the weekend to help with some polish visitors, but it might be cancelled now.

RE: London Explosions (2) by x2zen on 07-22-2005 at 05:00 AM

I was just above Warren Street Station when suddenly we heard something and then all people was running up from the stairs, quite scary.

Damn terrorits.

RE: London Explosions (2) by Zephyr on 07-22-2005 at 10:12 AM

There was another threat on the tubes just this morning and the police shot him at Stockwell Station.

quote:
Originally posted by http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm

Man shot by armed police on Tube
A man has been shot at Stockwell Tube station by armed police officers, police confirm.

Passengers were evacuated from a Tube train on the Northern Line station in south London after the incident.

Passenger Mark Whitby told BBC News he had seen an Asian man shot five times by "plain-clothes police officers".

Services on the Victoria and Northern lines have been suspended following a request by the police, London Underground said.

Police are hunting four would-be bombers after Thursday's London blasts.

The bombers fled after detonators went off, causing small blasts, but failed to detonate the bombs themselves.

Mr Whitby, told BBC News: "I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three plain-clothes police officers.

"One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him."

Passenger Briony Coetsee said: "We were on the Tube and then we suddenly heard someone say, 'Get out, get out' and then we heard gunshots."

RE: London Explosions (2) by musicalmidget on 07-22-2005 at 12:58 PM

It seems that the person shot by police at Stockwell station this morning was one of the suspects of the attempted attacks yesterday.  The police must have seen him as an immediate risk for them to shoot him in such a way, as surely he would have been of more use to them alive. :-/

RE: London Explosions (2) by mwe99 on 07-22-2005 at 01:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
as surely he would have been of more use to them alive. :-/

True, but wasn't he on his way to denonate one? To be honest, if i would have shot him too if it was clear he was the bomber and he ran off to go set another... one life compared with hundreds of injured people..
RE: London Explosions (2) by Zephyr on 07-22-2005 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by musicalmidget
It seems that the person shot by police at Stockwell station this morning was one of the suspects of the attempted attacks yesterday.  The police must have seen him as an immediate risk for them to shoot him in such a way, as surely he would have been of more use to them alive. :-/

Yeah, they must have. An eyewitness said he was wearing a long padded coat that looked out of place considering the hot wether we've had in London. I think the police must have assumed he had something concealed under the coat.
RE: London Explosions (2) by mwe99 on 07-22-2005 at 01:03 PM

Witness Mark Whitby was on the train as he saw a big man wearing a large coat and "looking absolutely petrified" lurch through the doors.

Unconfirmed reports suggest the man was involved in Thursday's assault on the capital.

Police are believed to be under orders to shoot to kill if they believe someone is about to detonate a bomb.

Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "The officer or officers involved in this clearly felt this suspect was about to detonate a bomb."

So they seem VERY sure

RE: London Explosions (2) by musicalmidget on 07-22-2005 at 01:04 PM

quote:
True, but wasn't he on his way to denonate one? To be honest, if i would have shot him too if it was clear he was the bomber and he ran off to go set another... one life compared with hundreds of injured people..

Nobody really knows what he was doing.  Eyewitnesses didn't notice him carrying anything suspicious such as a rucksack but as I said, the police must have felt he posed an immediate risk to the public or else they are unlikely to have acted in the way they did.
RE: London Explosions (2) by mwe99 on 07-22-2005 at 01:05 PM

MI5 must have had some serious intelligence though, especially to be confident to shoot him in the middle of the station

RE: London Explosions (2) by qgroessl on 07-22-2005 at 01:06 PM

Well... hopefully it was a bad guy... If not I'm sure that the police and them will get their butts chewed out for the mistake... But! I guess I'd rather see 1 innocent person dead, then 50 innocent people, and 1 bad guy.

RE: London Explosions (2) by Zephyr on 07-22-2005 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
so are these the same people thaty bombed london before?

I would guess so, as i doubt there would be two different organisations doing this within 2 weeks of each other. But who really knows what's happening?
RE: London Explosions (2) by Rubber Stamp on 07-22-2005 at 03:42 PM

such blasts happen every second day here in meh country..in kashmir specially! John Anderton must be knowing.

RE: London Explosions (2) by Pipish on 07-22-2005 at 11:58 PM

i heard only one injured

is that true

and i also heard the terrorist was seen running away and somone tackled him but he got away is that also true

RE: London Explosions (2) by Zephyr on 07-23-2005 at 12:06 AM

Well, one man was shot by police as he was running from them. They got him on the floor and shot him in the head.

It's some thing the police will use now with supected suicide bombers as it will shut down the nervous system immediately so they can't detonate.

More info can be found here. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm

Anyway, i'm off for the weekend, into central london as it happens. Hope nothing happens while i'm there.

RE: London Explosions (2) by JDawg_0789 on 07-23-2005 at 11:30 PM

What's ridiculous is the fact that the governments are so slow at adopting and implementing plans. During Bush's speech the other day, he talked of improving security for mass transit, and the very next day there were more bombings in London...shouldn't that teach the high-level politicians something?

RE: London Explosions (2) by shine on 07-23-2005 at 11:55 PM

quote:
MI5 must have had some serious intelligence though, especially to be confident to shoot him in the middle of the station
Seems they got an innocent man...M15!!! :tongue:
RE: London Explosions (2) by nightcrawler50 on 07-28-2005 at 05:11 AM

wats up with the brazilian being lite up, they're way to on edge

RE: London Explosions (2) by flame_head1313 on 07-30-2005 at 09:59 PM

One of my friends from england that lives here, one of his teachers from back in England was killed in that explosion