Shoutbox

usb flash drive - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: usb flash drive (/showthread.php?tid=47894)

usb flash drive by [MR] on 07-21-2005 at 04:25 PM

hey yesterday i bought a 128MB usb flash drive.  it is an Attache pny usb flash drive.  i need to know if there is a site that has drivers for this product that will be compatable with windows 98 so i can use it on my trash computer. thanks in adavance.

RE: usb flash drive by Tochjo on 07-21-2005 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
drivers for this product that will be compatable with windows 98
Drivers for Windows 98 SE: http://www.pny.com/support/drivers/?prod=attache
RE: usb flash drive by TylerG on 07-21-2005 at 06:08 PM

MR_5_MR is at my house and he says thanks.

RE: usb flash drive by [MR] on 07-22-2005 at 03:39 PM

well they didnt work...i used the setup program and then then i checked in device manager and it says that it still is an unknown device with no drivers installed...

RE: usb flash drive by multimillion2k on 07-22-2005 at 11:42 PM

Try booting with the flash drive already attached.

RE: usb flash drive by [MR] on 07-23-2005 at 12:21 AM

what?

RE: usb flash drive by multimillion2k on 07-23-2005 at 02:31 AM

Plug in your flash drive and restart the computer with it still plugged in. I've got a flash drive that I could never get win98 to recognise, but one day I had left it in while I restarted and it was there when it booted up!

RE: usb flash drive by [MR] on 07-30-2005 at 05:41 PM

i wish it would work... the drivers have been installed many times and it the "found new hardware" window doesnt appear when i start up but where am i supposed to reach the flash drive?  is it like in win XP where its just in My Computer?(which i assume it would be there but it wont appear there)

RE: usb flash drive by [MR] on 07-31-2005 at 04:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
try this, or just get xp...
you really are no help in these threads i post...and i dont have internet for the computer in my room... and i cant put windows xp on there yet...well i can but the stuffon the screen just repeats itself...
RE: usb flash drive by multimillion2k on 07-31-2005 at 06:11 AM

I'm assuming you downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer's site, but just in case:
PNY drivers

[sidetopic] On one of my computers my USB flashdrive works fine in certain ports, but in the other ports it comes up with an error - has anyone ever had the same thing? Do you think it might have anything to do with USB 1.1 vs 2.0? There's quite a few variables, so it's hard to tell.

Edit: I've also noticed some installation guides, perhaps they may be of some use too.

RE: usb flash drive by [MR] on 08-01-2005 at 09:16 PM

ya i went there and tried them they dont work