Shoutbox

Anti-Block - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Anti-Block (/showthread.php?tid=47914)

Anti-Block by Mentality on 07-22-2005 at 12:46 AM

is there such a patch that can make a certain person UNBLOCKABLE. it would seem so. one of my good friends has blocked someone they knew coz they seemed to be abit odd, buy the guy still seems to be able to see her online and chat to her. can anybody help

RE: Anti-Block by ipab on 07-22-2005 at 01:01 AM

no, not possible. It used to be possible in the older versions of msn messenger (i believe 4x or sumthin like that). It could be that your friend has the option "Only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages" unticked. Tell her to check to make sure that the option is ticked. To get to it look under Privacy in the Options menu.

RE: Anti-Block by Mentality on 07-22-2005 at 01:07 AM

yeah shes checked that already, I don't get how he can do it, its really odd, she told me the guy is actually stalking her, so i really need something to resolve this quick. any more ideas ANYBODY!!!

RE: Anti-Block by Grue on 07-22-2005 at 01:24 AM

Are you sure that she actually blocked him? Deleting someone and blocking them are two different things. If you delete someone it does NOT automatically block them. Make sure your friend has blocked him and not just deleted him.

RE: Anti-Block by Mentality on 07-22-2005 at 01:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Grue
Are you sure that she actually blocked him? Deleting someone and blocking them are two different things. If you delete someone it does NOT automatically block them. Make sure your friend has blocked him and not just deleted him.

she deleted and blocked him, and double checked to be sure
RE: Anti-Block by Supersonicdarky on 07-22-2005 at 01:49 AM

maybe she got a trojan from him that doesn't let her block him? Try appearing offline for now.

RE: Anti-Block by Mentality on 07-22-2005 at 02:05 AM

she got a pretty good virus scanner, ir probably would have picked that up, but ill ask her to check tht out

RE: Anti-Block by Supersonicdarky on 07-22-2005 at 02:17 AM

ask her if she had recieved any suspicious files from the guy

RE: Anti-Block by TylerG on 07-22-2005 at 04:55 PM

If I was in the situation, and there were no other possible solutions, I would probably just make a new e-mail.

RE: Anti-Block by mwe99 on 07-22-2005 at 05:03 PM

If she is seriously being stalked, you can report the guys email to MSN. Also, check the allow list to see if hes on it..

RE: Anti-Block by Patchés on 07-24-2005 at 03:39 PM

I saw this yesterday and was thinking of things that might have allowed this guy to start talking to your friend.

Would it be possible for this person to have hooked into StuffPlug-NG's  'Allow talking to blocked contacts' feature so that it could be reversed? So that he can talk to people that have blocked him?

I am not very familiar with the feature, but could it be a possibility?

RE: Anti-Block by TaKYoN on 07-25-2005 at 12:38 PM

I know from experience that sometimes blocked ppl could still send me messages. 

I have used MSN messenger for many years so I know what I am doing.

It is not a consistent problem tho, 90% of the time it is cool, just every now and then 1 will not seem to get blocked properly.

I first noticed this problem with an earlier beta of v7, and it has been present since.

I can replicate this problem too, by blocking my brother and he attempts to message me.  If he cannot because he is blocked I just unblock him and then re-block, eventually we get the result above, but even then it is not perfect and not all messages will get thru.