Shoutbox

Flashing MSN Bar - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Flashing MSN Bar (/showthread.php?tid=47946)

Flashing MSN Bar by Kally on 07-22-2005 at 07:30 PM

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to disactivate the flashing bar that shows when someone has sent you a message on MSN.  Sometimes I'm with someone and I don't want them to know that I'm chatting but it's very obvious when the orange bar is flashing.

Is there a way??

Thanks.

RE: Flashing MSN Bar by mwe99 on 07-22-2005 at 07:36 PM

Not that I know of.. However

If you go to Plus > Preferences > Privacy Protection > Tick Enable the Boss Protection Feature

And create a system wide shortcut, this temporarily hides your MSN windows

RE: Flashing MSN Bar by Kally on 07-22-2005 at 07:40 PM

Yes, I know of that one but was wondering if there was another way since I also don't want the person that I'm chatting with to know.

Anyway I'll try it and see what happens and what the other person sees when I activate the Boss Protection.

Thanks.

RE: Flashing MSN Bar by mwe99 on 07-22-2005 at 07:45 PM

Dont want the person to know? Sorry please explain that.

You can keep your status, if you select the drop down box and choose Dont Change

RE: Flashing MSN Bar by Curtis on 07-22-2005 at 08:05 PM

I think what she means is.  She is talking to two people that may be in a fight but she doesn't want one to know she is talking with the other one.  But when you are typing it shows up on the conversation window that you are typing, and when no message shows up on their conversation window they might get kind of suspicious.(sp?)

RE: Flashing MSN Bar by Kally on 07-22-2005 at 09:45 PM

Sorry,  I seem to have confused everyone.

Okay, what I mean is that I am talking to a person and someone walks into the room - I don't want the person that walked into the room to know I am chatting with this person.

If I use the Boss Protection feature I think the person that I am chatting with will get a message telling them that I have activated Boss Protection - right???  I don't want that person to know that.

That is why I'm trying to find another way without activating the Boss Protection.

Hope I made myself clearer but it's sometimes hard to explain.

Thanks for all your help.

RE: Flashing MSN Bar by mwe99 on 07-22-2005 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kally
the person that I am chatting with will get a message telling them that I have activated Boss Protection - right??? 

Not unless you specify it to in the settings Plus > Preferences > Privacy Protection >
RE: Flashing MSN Bar by Kally on 07-22-2005 at 10:03 PM

Ok just tested it and it works great.  I will use Boss Protection feature with the status "Don't change" and that way the flashing does not show and the person I'm chatting to does not know I activated the Boss Protection feature.

Thanks for guiding me.

RE: Flashing MSN Bar by mwe99 on 07-22-2005 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kally

Thanks for guiding me.

No Problem :) You can of course choose to send a message to them if you like, however you don't need to. There is also a messenger lock feature, which locks your MSN from being opened and windows being shown. This is also available in the Privacy Protection menu
RE: Flashing MSN Bar by lopardo on 07-22-2005 at 11:31 PM

This plugin?

RE: Flashing MSN Bar by Andre on 07-23-2005 at 07:43 PM

The Window Management Plugin by TazDevil also stops the taskbar from flashing but also provides lots of other features too...

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=43823