Shoutbox

Custom names for desktop contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Custom names for desktop contacts (/showthread.php?tid=47954)

Custom names for desktop contacts by daswiftguyda on 07-22-2005 at 10:24 PM

I thought id make a suggestion/request, I know you can re-name the contact by enabling display contact by e-mail etc, but I only want to change the contact's name on the desktop and keep smileys on my contact list etc, also would it be possible to only make the background transparent and keep contact name / icon opaque (desktop contact i mean). Any chance of either of these happening? Thanks.

P.S. I use a program caled rainlendar and you can set the position of the calendar to 'OnDesktop', I'm suggesting this because sometimes when i click the 'Show Desktop' icon in the quick launch bar the contacts disappear yet the calendar does not! Thanks again.

RE: Custom names for desktop contacts by Shezi on 07-22-2005 at 10:36 PM

i think it is possible to add the transparency option in the background og the dekstop contact.... and it would look good though..

RE: Custom names for desktop contacts by [MR] on 07-23-2005 at 12:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
i think it is possible to add the transparency option in the background og the dekstop contact.... and it would look good though..
i think u can too
RE: Custom names for desktop contacts by daswiftguyda on 07-23-2005 at 01:46 AM

I know you can make it transparent but I mean JUST the background so only the contact name and icon are visible on the desktop, sort of like a horizontal desktop icon.

RE: Custom names for desktop contacts by L. Coyote on 07-23-2005 at 01:49 AM

I also like the custom names for desktop contacts idea. (Y) It was suggested before too.

RE: Custom names for desktop contacts by daswiftguyda on 08-04-2005 at 03:03 AM

Shall I take this as a no then? :(

RE: Custom names for desktop contacts by Lou on 08-04-2005 at 03:56 AM

we all said yes:S

RE: Custom names for desktop contacts by L. Coyote on 08-04-2005 at 03:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daswiftguyda
Shall I take this as a no then? :(
Patchou might consider it, we don't know. He rarely says something in the suggestions threads. :P Be patient! ;)

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
we all said yes:S
He/she meant Patchou, I think. :P