Shoutbox

A new way of notify when a user logs on - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: A new way of notify when a user logs on (/showthread.php?tid=47956)

A new way of notify when a user logs on by webguide on 07-23-2005 at 12:46 AM

I am iterested in a new functionality that at the moment is not supported by messenger plus...
I'd be happy if...
When a contact logs on, the software could "call" an URL (pre-determinated) so if I (developer) write a dinamical web page, your software, calling the web page, undirectly calls a code that for example sends me an e-mail or n sms... In this way I could be alerted via e-mail or sms that a contact (that contact) has logged on...  Yhe same thing you do allowing to hear my favorite mp3 when the selected contact logs on... could you allow me to call for an url?
Thank you since now...

RE: A new way of notify when a user logs on by [MR] on 07-23-2005 at 12:48 AM

sounds kewl to me

RE: A new way of notify when a user logs on by deXeffeX on 07-23-2005 at 03:54 AM

it would be fairly easy to write something using the msn messenger api that does this. the messenger api contains events for contact status change etc. it is just a matter of implementing some web functionality to allow sending sms/email. there is plenty of example code floating around on the net for dealing with the messenger api. i dont even think that plus! would have to be involved in this, unless the app was a plugin...