Shoutbox

MSN Personal Message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Personal Message (/showthread.php?tid=47971)

MSN Personal Message by spudul2002 on 07-23-2005 at 02:06 PM

Every time i sign out of close messenger and sign back in i loose my personal message. My Display pic is still there and all my prefernces but i have a blank personal message. IT is soooo annoying having to type it back in every time i restart my computer. Can anyone help me???

i would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem

Cheers!:D

RE: MSN Personal Message by Lou on 07-23-2005 at 02:32 PM

would you by any chance have terminated msn messenger using control alt delete? if so close it properly....see if that helps

RE: MSN Personal Message by spudul2002 on 07-23-2005 at 03:55 PM

No i am closing MSN messenger properly or just shutting down my computer.

RE: MSN Personal Message by TylerG on 07-23-2005 at 04:05 PM

Try reinstalling MSN Messenger.

RE: MSN Personal Message by spudul2002 on 07-23-2005 at 04:30 PM

I have tried that aswell. I can't think of anything else to do!

RE: MSN Personal Message by Rubber Stamp on 07-23-2005 at 05:23 PM

u have plus installed?

RE: MSN Personal Message by qgroessl on 07-23-2005 at 05:32 PM

I think that MSN should work on this... A lot of people have been having similar problems with PMs... I think that there's a bug in something because a lot of different people have had alot of different problems with it..... It's one of my favorite features on MSN now, but it seems really buggy.

RE: MSN Personal Message by Eljay on 07-23-2005 at 05:40 PM

are you exiting msn directly or signing out then exiting?

RE: MSN Personal Message by spudul2002 on 07-23-2005 at 05:58 PM

Both

But it shouldnt make any difference should it?

RE: MSN Personal Message by qgroessl on 07-23-2005 at 06:01 PM

For some reason I don't think it would either... But then again I could be missing something... Does your PM ever like... go to a past one you had? like... Instead of going away completely will it sometimes switch to one you had like a week ago?

RE: MSN Personal Message by x2zen on 07-23-2005 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spudul2002
But it shouldnt make any difference should it?
No, it shouldnt, but it does.
I had this problem once, but I found out that if I sign out instead of just shutting down my pc, the personal message is saved proporly
RE: MSN Personal Message by qgroessl on 07-23-2005 at 06:03 PM

Yeah... I guess I know where their all coming from now... When I had the problem it always changed back to an old one... But usually it would happen after MSN crashed or my computer froze or something.

RE: MSN Personal Message by spudul2002 on 07-23-2005 at 06:04 PM

No its always blank, I sometimes sign out, Shut down any of the combinations. I do have the latest version of plus

RE: MSN Personal Message by qgroessl on 07-23-2005 at 06:06 PM

Dunno how much this information might help, but do you ever use the "What am I listening to feature"... like... if your not listening to music and have it checked try unchecking it and signing out and see if it'll save it....... I have no clue how that would work if it would help... but just something I just thought of.

RE: MSN Personal Message by spudul2002 on 07-23-2005 at 06:07 PM

trying that now

Yes it worked, im sure that didnt work before

Problem Solved

Chears!
RE: MSN Personal Message by qgroessl on 07-23-2005 at 06:27 PM

You're meaning to say that my idea worked? haha... I sure hope it was somebody elses idea you were talking about... Cause mine was just something I noticed could've caused it... but a wild guess at the most.

RE: RE: MSN Personal Message by TylerG on 07-23-2005 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
You're meaning to say that my idea worked? haha... I sure hope it was somebody elses idea you were talking about... Cause mine was just something I noticed could've caused it... but a wild guess at the most.

Haha I was going to post that same idea, then I was like, that wouldn't make a difference.  Who could've guessed:P