Shoutbox

contact notification sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: contact notification sounds (/showthread.php?tid=47975)

contact notification sounds by flighty on 07-23-2005 at 04:03 PM

i have msg plus 3.54.132. since i updated it to this version  it has been unable to read a lot of my music files. which i was previously able to use as sign in notifications. does anyone know whay and if so , how to rectify this. i have tried re-installing and this makes no diference

RE: contact notification sounds by Patchou on 07-23-2005 at 05:17 PM

Could you tell us what file type (extension) those musics are? sine Messenger Plus! 3.50, a lof ot things have changed regarding the way sounds are playing everywhere in the software.

RE: contact notification sounds by flighty on 07-23-2005 at 06:27 PM

the files a wma(windows media audio files) . the ones i have previously downloaded or have been sent through messenger work.  files that have been ripped from albums through media player are the ones that wont play. all the files say they are wma though

RE: contact notification sounds by Patchou on 07-23-2005 at 06:35 PM

That's what I thought... then I'm very sorry to tell you that these files will not be able to be played by Messenger Plus! anymore, at least, as long as I don't find a reliable way to play them. If you have some time, I suggest you simply convert some of those wma files to mp3 files, Messenger Plus! will be able to handle those.

RE: contact notification sounds by flighty on 07-23-2005 at 07:00 PM

ok, thanks for your help . x