Shoutbox

Help please, cannot receive messages from my contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help please, cannot receive messages from my contacts (/showthread.php?tid=47986)

Help please, cannot receive messages from my contacts by dennis on 07-23-2005 at 09:32 PM

I installed MsgPlus 3.5 and I cannot receive messages from my contacts; I can only send them. Please help me, this is bothering me.

RE: HELP PLEASE by qgroessl on 07-23-2005 at 09:34 PM

All I have to say is reinstall Msg Plus!... If that doesn't work reinstall MSN Messenger...

EDIT: Thank you for Tochjo for editing his posts :p

RE: HELP PLEASE by dennis on 07-23-2005 at 09:43 PM

i tried that already

RE: HELP PLEASE by qgroessl on 07-23-2005 at 09:44 PM

Okay... well... Can you tell us anything else you might've tried to do... Or like, what version of messenger and messenger plus your using.. any plug ins... things like that.

RE: HELP PLEASE by dennis on 07-23-2005 at 09:47 PM

i was using cyberworld v3.0 and a-patch120 and then i installed plus and i found out that i cannot revieve messages from my other contacts so i uninstalled msn 7 and then i checked it and it was ok and the i installed msg plus and i think my plugins were still installed

RE: HELP PLEASE by qgroessl on 07-23-2005 at 09:51 PM

I don't know much about the cyberworld plug-in... If there's anything with like, invisible talkers, or auto talkers try turning those off... I don't think there's anything on A-Patch that would make that happen.

RE: HELP PLEASE by matty on 07-23-2005 at 09:54 PM

Do you happen to have Stuffplug-NG installed using the Ignore contacts feature?

RE: HELP PLEASE by dennis on 07-23-2005 at 09:57 PM

ok i had i bit more programs but i thought i uninstalled them but now i uninstalled all my plug ins and add ons and everything that i put on it except msg plus

RE: Help please, cannot receive messages from my contacts by matty on 07-23-2005 at 10:01 PM

Do this

Exit MSN Messenger from the Task Bar (right click the icon and hit exit)
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and end the MsgPlus.exe process
Restart MSN Messenger and try and see if you can recieve messages.

RE: Help please, cannot receive messages from my contacts by lil_msdifficult on 08-03-2005 at 06:31 AM

hey i am having the same issue with not being able to read the messages. I am able to recieve them but when i get the messages they are blank from certain people sending them. I noticed that people I could talk to yesterday on the same program I am unable to read today. I did figure out after talking to a guy on the chat that if u go and change it so that the font is defaulting to whatever u are using then it works to read. But I dont want all the font and color to be the same. Any ideas on this yet?