Shoutbox

Toolbar wont go away - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Toolbar wont go away (/showthread.php?tid=48005)

Toolbar wont go away by MrTim on 07-24-2005 at 03:35 AM

ok i acidently installed the sponsor program, recently i havent been able to remove the blue toolbar that pops up at the bottom of the screen i used to just press the red X but that dosent do anything now. i uninstalled the sponsor program and that didnt do anything so i uninstalled messenger plus and that  didnt stop it so i downloaded it in and installed it without the sponsor but it still is here.
what do i do?

RE: Toolbar wont go away by MrTim on 07-24-2005 at 03:52 AM

i did the instructions EXACTLY as it said so what do i do now?

RE: Toolbar wont go away by Patchou on 07-24-2005 at 03:55 AM

I suggest you reinstall with the sponsor and uninstall all over again, your installation was probably damaged by a third party. Let us know if you need more help.

RE: Toolbar wont go away by qgroessl on 07-24-2005 at 03:56 AM

[size=1]That's some weird spyware that's been infecting alot of different computers I think... I don't think it has anything to do with MSG Plus!... My friend got it a long time before he downloaded plus... I got it on my computer (a long time after I downloaded Plus)... If you put a shortcut to a favorite on your desktop that should work so that the sponsor doesn't come up... To get rid of it if you accidently click the internet explorer link do ctrl+alt+del, processes, and then one of the internet explorer ones will do the trick... (never sure which one)....

Since then I started using Firefox.

EDIT: But of course it could still be the same sponsor as MSG Plus!'s sponsor program... Just thought that it could have been from something else since my friend's and my experience with it.

RE: Toolbar wont go away by MrTim on 07-24-2005 at 04:14 AM

ok well i did what patchou said and i cant find the sponsor program in add remove hardware

well what patchou said didnt work i i uninstalled messenger plus for the third time and its still here.
anyone have any suggestions?
RE: Toolbar wont go away by TylerG on 07-24-2005 at 04:50 AM

Have you ran virus scans?

RE: Toolbar wont go away by MrTim on 07-24-2005 at 05:18 AM

hey thanks qgroessl what you said works cheers!

RE: Toolbar wont go away by huatman on 08-01-2005 at 05:23 PM

Hi qgroess,
I have same problem as Mr Tim which the sponser program
just won't go away. I had uninstalled it accountin to the matter stated in the forum but it keep coming back after I restart my PC.
I dun quite understand the step you state.. can kindly explain
more detail? Thanks lot.

?????
"you put a shortcut to a favorite on your desktop that should work so that the sponsor doesn't come up... To get rid of it if you accidently click the internet explorer link do ctrl+alt+del, processes, and then one of the internet explorer ones will do the trick... (never sure which one)...."