Shoutbox

AIM and/or YIM Plugin? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? (/showthread.php?tid=48021)

AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by DJ_The_SP on 07-24-2005 at 01:50 PM

Hey there,

I tried searching before posting... but since aim and yim are only 3 characters of lenght that wasnt so successfull.

Can anyone tell me if there is (if already not in msgplus) a plugin that supports the adding of addresses for Yahoo Instant Messenger or America's Instant Messenger ?

If anyone can help me that would be appreciated.

Tia. :)

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by Supersonicdarky on 07-24-2005 at 01:52 PM

no, there is no plug-in watsoever that allows you to connect to other messaging networks. period.

There was one tho that allowed you to connect to icq network, but it was for windows messenger

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by -dt- on 07-24-2005 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by supersonicdarky
no, there is no plug-in watsoever that allows you to connect to other messaging networks. period.
Period eh Im pretty sure you should 100% know [Image: msn_tongue.gif]
http://www.imtiger.com/

quote:
Originally posted by imtiger site

• Support unlimited number of MSN/AIM/ICQ account in one MSN messenger
  • Turn your MSN Messenger into a Multi-Protocol Client.
  • List AIM/ICQ buddy's present status in MSN Messenger's contact list
  • Chat with AIM/ICQ  buddy in MSN Messenger
  • Break MSN's contacts number limit
  • IMTiger would support Yahoo Messenger in near future.

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by DJ_The_SP on 07-24-2005 at 01:59 PM

Cool. :D

* downloads *

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by Supersonicdarky on 07-24-2005 at 02:00 PM

damn, the last time i checked, i didn't find anything, even tho i needed a plug-in like that for months now, thanx! :D

edit: i can't download it, can someone send it to me via mail or msn?

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by Lou on 07-24-2005 at 02:03 PM

but if you feel the need to use those emails on your messenger you are totally able to....www.passport.com [but you cant chat to a budy on yahoo messenger]

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by DJ_The_SP on 07-24-2005 at 02:39 PM

Hrmmm...

That Plugin / Add-on changes my entire contact list,, which is something i dont quite like.

Any actual MSN Plugins?

Or is there a chance in this being added with msgplus ?

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by Patchés on 07-24-2005 at 03:24 PM

I installed IMTiger/TigerMSN, and I am not to pleased about it. I exited MSN Messenger, and tried to open it again, it wouldn't reopen, so I uninstalled the add-on/plugin and it worked. I smell something dodgy coming from IMTiger/TigerMSN. *-)

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by qgroessl on 07-24-2005 at 04:27 PM

There is however... Some sort of plugin that allows you to run them all in the same window... I can't remember what it was called or anything, but I had it for about a week and got sick of it... So whatever it was I don't really reccommend it.

EDIT: I highly doubt Patchou would add something like that onto Messenger Plus! either... so I think you're shit outta luck... Why not just have all the seperate programs like most people? lol.

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by JDawg_0789 on 07-24-2005 at 06:28 PM

Until Yahoo and AOL adopt the use of .NET Passport accounts (which I doubt will be anytime soon), there isn't going to be any way to use multiple instant messaging programs through Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger. However, you can download programs like Trillian, GAIM, etc. which will connect to the three IM servers, as well as ICQ, IRC (GAIM), etc. and compile the contact lists in one long list organized by IM program.

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by DJ_The_SP on 07-24-2005 at 08:33 PM

Yeah well thanks for the help anyways.

The reason i asked was exactly cause i didnt feel like installing trillian or so...

But i guess i got it my way round.

That F%$ing IMTiger screwed up my entire msn list.

Good thing i backed it up before installing it.

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by (CyBeRDuDe) on 07-24-2005 at 09:22 PM

Everybody!!!!!
IMTiger is great!... It has great potential and looks promising...
BUT! You gotta remember.. IMTiger is only in BETA stage... Version 0.0.2.. What does that tell you??? That is is a VERY EARLY version....
IMTiger does not F¤#k up your contact list.. You don't need any backup or anything!... IMTiger handles it's own groups locally on your computer... Saves the settings, like what contact goes in which group, locally on your computer.. The next time you log on, IMTiger makes sure it puts the contacts in the groups they belong too... This means that groups you usually use in MSN Messenger does not "work" any more.. Becuase IMTIger handles the group and sorting of contacts... When you stop using IMTiger again, your contact list will look the exact same way as before using IMTiger...

RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by Zephyr on 07-24-2005 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_The_SP
I tried searching before posting... but since aim and yim are only 3 characters of lenght that wasnt so successfull.

Btw, you can get round this problem. When searching for aim, search for " aim" or "aim ", using sppech marks and a space in front or before the word.

Eg. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/basicsearch.php?do=se...=&lookin=msg&sort=
RE: AIM and/or YIM Plugin? by aNILEator on 09-13-2005 at 02:59 PM

http://imtiger.com/files/tiger-0.0.3.2-install.exe is the latest version and supports msn 7.5